Am I The Only One In The World Who Doesn't Like Bacon?

Options

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan. I've discovered some all natural uncured bacon that I can eat upon occasion. (Just can't handle the preservatives in the regular stuff.) But I only bother if I'm cooking a meal for someone who really likes it. When I do eat it, it must absolutely be extra crispy.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Low sodium bacon is my life.

ETA: In response to other posters....a lot of bacon doesn't have preservatives, it's smoked to keep it naturally preserved longer.
  • Abalicious11
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE bacon i hate the taste and the smell of it being cooked....I used to like it before I got pregnant then during and after pregnancy cant stand it!! ewwwwwww
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I mostly don't eat meat.

There are two exceptions: hot dogs (awful, I know) and BACON. I freakin love bacon.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    HATE bacon!!! :D
  • KaciPatricia
    Options
    I thought I was the only person who hated it too! lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    A dislike of bacon??

f5fa5f46-c691-410d-9d9c-f81adcbb1836.jpg
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    okay except for vegetarians and vegans...the rest of you....SACRILEGE!!!!!!!! Gasping!!!!! No like bacon!!!!! Clutching chest!!!!!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You're crazy. Everything is better with bacon.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Something is wrong with you people.
    :laugh:
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    YES!! Commie. ;)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Your right about most people loving bacon. I was a deli manager and we had bacon samples up early and then again at 4 every day. We had people demanding us to put those samples on the counter before we could get them cooked. After you see some peoples nasty habits with samples, most would be revolted to take a sample ever again. There was one man that had the greesiest nasty hair and he would start with a fresh toothpick and proceed to park the toothpick in his hair, return to the counter and reuse this same dirty toothpick to sort thru the bacon. I am a vegetarian and find it revolting even before it is picked thru with a nasty used toothpick. One of the clerks was not a vegetarian but would complain when she came on shift for having to smell the bacon cooking. It made her sick. You would not beleive how many people think the used dirty toothpicks labled trash, would dig for a toothpick in the trash and use this for their samples.
    I know when I first started working in the deli, I had a nightmare about the pieces of bacon wiggling and squeeling while frying in the pan.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I love love love bacon. My husband asked me if I wanted him to cook anything special for dinner for Valentine's Day and I said i wanted it to involved bacon. It's the most romantic breakfast meat. (or maybe the 2nd most ..... ;-)
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    photo.jpg

Bacon weave a bacon dream!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I like it wrapped around baby weenies, that's it.

HAHAHAHHA, ah wow first looks can be deceiving.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like pork bacon but haven't eaten any since 1986. I do eat turkey bacon and love Bigs Bacon Flavored Sunflower Seeds.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow....I'd never actually heard from anyone who didn't like bacon before....this is surprising that there's so many. I myself could eat bacon all the time if I let myself, but I don't :laugh:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    The OP is doomed to an existence of loneliness and misery. Oh, how such a thing could have been allowed to live without the love of bacon is beyond me.
  • Pnutzmumi
    Options
    I can't stand bacon! it's full of fat and salt. YUCK! Can't even stand the turkey bacon.
  • lilfurson
    Options
    I don't particularly like it. I mean I can eat it but I never have an urge. Now if it's wrapped around a scallop that's a different story.