Options

Replies

• Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    love spin and boxing!
  • KrystleJade0809
    Options
    Sex !!!!!! Lol haha but jogging on my treadmill watching Shemar Moore in Criminal Minds !
  • cindylooi
    cindylooi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use the elliptical in comparison to the treadmill because it gives your whole body a workout.

My exercise routine is usually 25-30 minutes of elliptical then weights then treadmill for about 5-10 minutes (walking/jogging).

But I have heard good things about Zumba as well :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Zumba or Spinning!
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    Spinning is my favorite by far!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am a runner...through and through....I change up my workouts by doing speed work, or hills. I once was a member at the Y and absolutly loved the stairmaster...not stairclimber. The difference is the Stair master is like a mini escalator... it kicked my butt everytime.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks!
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Swimming is my favorite cardio workout, you wouldnt believe how much of a workout you get!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Swim/Bike/Run. Any of those will do just fine.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Biking! At the gym, I get bored easily and only bike 5 or 6 miles when I'm there, but when I'm home in the summers, I try to bike 10-12 miles every other day. I can't bike every day because I broke my tailbone 5 years ago and it only hurts when I sit for extended periods of time. Poopy. I haaaaaaaaaate running so much. I hate how boring it is, I hate how my knees start to die and pop and crack 5 minutes in, and I hate how my boobs have a mind of their own, even when strapped down :(
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    My favorites are Zumba; spin class; anything Turbo (kick, Jam, Fire) and my new love is racquetball
  • Devon_Bates
    Devon_Bates Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the stair master 15 minutes on that and then a few laps around a track... helps do wonders. lost 7 inches in 5-6 weeks doing that. now I added zumba on the Wii and I am more active. I am also going to start adding weight lifting soon.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    Insanity pure cardio!!!!!!
  • Russian1
    Russian1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    P90X Plyometrics - love, love, love it! (Insanity is awesome too!)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing on a standup or heavy bag is VERY challenging and can burn up to 1000 calories an hour for some. The hitting and kicking also helps to make bones more dense and since there's resistance you can make the workout harder and harder by more "umph" behind your punching and kicking.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tulip12
    Options
    I really like putting a pack on with about 35 lbs or however much you can handle in weight put the incline up to 8 to 10 on the treadmill and walk resembles hiking kinda anyway, spin and the stair master
  • Ceebee37
    Options
    spinning/running!!
  • Brandie13
    Brandie13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favorite cardio workouts (I strongly believe I need to change it up frequently to keep see results and avoid boredom):

1. I love Just Dance for Wii or Xbox-- I have so much fun dancing that I lose track of time and end up doing at least 45 minutes to 2 hours sometimes without even realizing it...my kids and hubby end up joining me and it becomes a fun family time too.

2. I also really like EA Sports Active 2 for Wii because there is a heart rate monitor and the physical trainer on the program has clear instructions while doing various cardio workouts so I dont get bored with the same routine all the time.

3 . Speed walking is another that I enjoy-- I started out by walking 10 minutes a day, each week I increased by 5 more minutes; each day I tried to challenge myself to get further in distance in the same amount of time. (Keep arms moving when walking to increase calorie burn)
  • ddg1237
    Options
    zumba!!
  • JaclynCastro
    Options
    Oh man, this is a tough one. It's a tie between body combat and group cycling! Love the music in both and my heart rate doesn't take a break! :-D