calling all people with a SPACE between your thighs

Options
lots of questions: how long did it take you to get it??? what weight were you at and what are you at now? what size were you and what size are you now?

ive gone from like a 14 to a 6 and i STILL dont have a space!!! GRRRRRR!

i know you cant spot reduce fat otherwise id sit there and do inner thigh work for hours. what cardio do you do???
SPACE BETWEEN MY THIGHS PLEEEASE SHOW UP!!!!!

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My Ex-husband (note 'EX') was of the opinion that any woman who did not have space between her thighs was fat! I don't believe this to be true at all... sadly, we are all led to believe (by ppl like him) that women have to fit a certain mould but I think some women just aren't made that way and we can only be the best we can be. Your profile pic looks pretty good though so while you may still strive for that perfect picture in your mind, be proud of yourself and how far you've come - no easy feat for sure! :D
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    your body looks great! but unfortunately i believe you have to be lower in body fat %
    if you don't already, try doing HIIT
  • kandire
    Options
    Some people don't have the body shape to allow for the space between thighs. Both of my instructors at the gym have very low body fat % and are in amazing shape. Neither of them have a space between their thighs.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Does it matter? You look good.
  • freckledbean
    Options
    I've had it at 127 and below (I'm 5'6.) From what I've heard from other people this is kind of a high weight to have one, though; I think it's just because I have wide hips.
  • ukjake3
    ukjake3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you on your question. However, you are amazingly gorgeous just the way you are, I wouldn't sweat it!
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, around 120lbs and last time I checked, had a body fat % of around 18, and I don't have a space. It's just the way I'm built and the spacing of my hips etc; not everyone will have one even at a very low weight.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    um, I'm pretty sure it's all about genetics and your pelvic bone structure/hip placement. women without a thigh gap are just as beautiful as women with a thigh gap.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This has more to do with how your legs are set more than the fat on them, a lot of people (even at a size 2) would not have a gap due to the way their legs and hip joint meets. So don't focus on this or make it your goal as your body may not allow you to get to that even with little to no body fat.
  • jenniakers
    Options
    I have NEVER had a space between my thighs, even when I was toned and when I was below healthy weight. I guess some people just aren't built that way. I've learned to focus on other, err... "assets". Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    i just lookd at your profile, you are the same height as me - i am currently 150 and I have to say damn i hope i look like you after i lose a few more pounds, you look fantastic! who needs a thigh gap when you have your body ???
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Unless you become ridiculously thin (emaciated) not everyone will get this due to build. Could really depend on your hip/pelvis thigh ratio. If you ahve wide hips and normal thighs you may get the gap, normal width hips normal thighs, probably not!

Don't stress it! You'll look great without it! Boys don;t really all dig it anyway!
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I believe its a genetic thing. At my lowest weight 85lbs (4'11" ) I didnt have it. My mom is 120lbs (5'7") and she also cares some weight around her butt and thighs as I do and doesn't have it. Sorry about your luck. Keep calm and chive on!
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I do, but I'm quite sick at the moment and I don't think anyone who's trying to be healthy should use me as an example.
    I'm not really that thin for someone with an eating disorder but I do have disproportionately large hips, which I think is why it happens. It's more about how your bones are than a particular weight or size.
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    um, I'm pretty sure it's all about genetics and your pelvic bone structure/hip placement. women without a thigh gap are just as beautiful as women with a thigh gap.

^This^

You ask most men and they don't even notice whether there is a 'space' there or not!!
    You look great!
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i guess i didnt really think of that! my lower body is big, thighs and quads are massive from squats lunges and playing hockey...i saw a trainer posta picture of her thighs and said IT CAN BE DONE and i was like well uuuuhhh why dont it have it haha!!! im at like 148 and id assume around 20-23 % body fat. my goal is 16.5-18,5 and id be happy!!!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    you mean that tiny triangle right at the top!? or do you mean if you stand with your legs together there's a space above the knees. I think i have two tiny thigh spaces then........ but what the f*&^? This thigh gap thing seems to be an American focus. I've never heard it mentioned before coming on MFP.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've got it and it is totally the shape of my legs and how they connect in the socket- my hips aren't wide either. I didn't do anything and even when I was fixing to give birth and at my highest weight I had it. I have my Dad to thank- that is how his body is too.

All that to say, you are beautiful!! I just looked at your pics and you are in amazing shape!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    There was another thread on this a while back(may want to search for it) and I didn't understand the obsession then and I don't understand it now.

I don't have a thigh gap nor do I ever plan to have one.. but I know that I look amazing without one, and it's not a defining factor for me.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    lots of questions: how long did it take you to get it??? what weight were you at and what are you at now? what size were you and what size are you now?

ive gone from like a 14 to a 6 and i STILL dont have a space!!! GRRRRRR!

i know you cant spot reduce fat otherwise id sit there and do inner thigh work for hours. what cardio do you do???
    SPACE BETWEEN MY THIGHS PLEEEASE SHOW UP!!!!!

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING.... as I was looking in the mirror the other day.... it was one of my main goals! I went from a size 16 to a 6.... I don't have it :( I think I am going to get Jillian's buns and thighs.. maybe that will help?!?! I do run.... grr..

btw I am 5'4 and around 135ish