Vegetarians/Vegans -- lotion???

Options
2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your concern, but all I care about is whether it contains animal products (other than milk or something else that I would eat), whether it's tested on animals and that it's affordable. I've been putting lotion all over my body for most of my almost 37 years and I'm quite healthy. No cancer, no weird growths, nothing I'm concerned about. So organic, natural, whatever, means nada to me.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like oil better than lotion. You can add oil like avocado, olive, grapeseed, lavendar...whatever you like, and put it in a squirt bottle. My suggestion is to put it on right after a shower so it obsorbes deeper in your pores. I wash my face with oil, and I moisturize my face with oil. I always put oil on before I apply my foundation too. I think I make 26 look pretty good:)
  • rml_16
    Options
    I like oil better than lotion. You can add oil like avocado, olive, grapeseed, lavendar...whatever you like, and put it in a squirt bottle. My suggestion is to put it on right after a shower so it obsorbes deeper in your pores. I wash my face with oil, and I moisturize my face with oil. I always put oil on before I apply my foundation too. I think I make 26 look pretty good:)

Something like lavender oil might work. I'll look around.
  • kimrivercity
    Options
    Yep. I'm against animal testing and don't consciously purchase products that support that industry.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    http://www.aubrey-organics.com/

I like the unscented... I think the prices are fair, since they do not use any chemical ingredients.
  • rml_16
    Options
    http://www.aubrey-organics.com/

I like the unscented... I think the prices are fair, since they do not use any chemical ingredients.

Thanks. I don't care about chemicals, and fair or not, it's about what I can afford.
  • bokchoybaby
    bokchoybaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like Dessert Essence but I'm really not sure what a full price bottle of the stuff goes for currently as every time my mom visits she brings me multiple so it's been more than a year since I've had to buy my own. Knowing my mom I would suspect that means it goes on sale often enough, though. I know you wrote off Whole Foods due to price but their 365 brand stuff tends to be relatively inexpensive. I haven't tried their lotion because it contains sesame but I have used and liked other products out of that line.
  • rml_16
    Options
    In fairness, when I posted this thread, the closest Whole Foods was four hours away. I'm not sure if the one we're supposed to get is open yet. But if it is I'll check it out.