I did something really odd.

Options
13»

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    So far I have lost about 35 lbs which is equivalent to about 4 gallons of water (1 gal = 8.34lbs) in weight. I wanted to see how it would feel to have that weight back on so I took 4 gallons of water and strapped it to my waist with a belt.

I felt so heavy and my legs started aching after just a few minutes walking around. How did I ever have the energy to do anything packing all that around? I couldn't imagine riding the elliptiKILL or doing an Insanity workout with that weight strapped to me, but at one point I did and a little at a time almost to slow to notice those "gallons" fell off.

To be honest, I have been struggling with having the will power to eat right the past few days but after seeing how that 35 lbs felt it has given me a little jump start in my motivation. I'm excited to see how much better I feel after the next 25 lbs is gone.

Try this the next time you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, you'll be amazed.
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for the reminder that a concrete "Real" reminder of the weight weve lost is available every day!! And congratulations on your Loss!!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome :) Thanks for sharing!
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I :heart: all of these ideas. Thanks for sharing!
  • phunkdaphied
    phunkdaphied Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    that's awesome.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    When I started, I put three pounds of butter on the counter.

I look at it, and I'm amazed.

i don't feel the difference, but there it is.

My counter doesn't have room for 11 pounds of butter, but there is a 22 pound bag of flour. I'm halfway there.
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    When I started, I put three pounds of butter on the counter.

I look at it, and I'm amazed.

i don't feel the difference, but there it is.

My counter doesn't have room for 11 pounds of butter, but there is a 22 pound bag of flour. I'm halfway there.

LOL, love it!!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have lost 134 pounds/61kg so far so that would be 16 gallons.

When I was at 47kg, that was the same weight as my huge 28" widescreen TV. I can't even lift it any more.
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Just what I needed to keep me on track. You guys are awesome!
  • deniseeclark
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm having a tough time keeping on track. ugh.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great idea.. I have the equivalent of ten 15pound turkeys to lose. Wonder if every 15 pounds I should buy a turkey and donate it to a food bank? Wouldn't it be great to give something back, plus motivation feeling the weight of each turkey as I carry it in?
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I remember when I lost my first 10lbs. I was whining to my boyfriend "ONLY 10lbs." He said "How would you feel if you GAINED that 10lbs?" It really put things in perspective. ;)