anyone looking to lose 20 pds or less

Options

Replies

• dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a 20 lb. loss.....Weighed 115-120 for many years and now that menopause has hit, I have gained the 15 lbs. associated with it......
  • BexRex0
    Options
    I'm weighing 144lbs and my goal is 125. I'm looking to put on muscle mass so I might weigh more but hopefully be slender in my fat mass. :)
  • BexRex0
    Options
    I'm the same way... I gain 20lbs ehh! We got this!
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    ditto! 5'10 (med frame) currently 160 and aiming for around 140. I just want to be a size 6/7 again. :) It's tough because the last 20 has been up and down for the last year. I got as low as 151 last Dec 2011. I'm also hypothyroid, making it a little more challenging.
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6":
    SW 146
    CW 141
    GW 135, just because it's in the center of the healthy range for my height and age, but I want to be a solid 135, which might mean seeing the scale at 133 if that means by the end of the day it says 135..? Playin' it by ear :flowerforyou:
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 115 trying for 110 but not really concerned with the scale. Trying to tone up now. It's hard when your already small and over 50.
  • miller4life
    Options
    I am trying to lose 10 more!! Feel free to add me if you want. We got this!! :smile:
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Also, feel free to add me! I always like more friends :)
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a 20 lb. loss.....Weighed 115-120 for many years and now that menopause has hit, I have gained the 15 lbs. associated with it......
    as if menopause isn't bad enough the weight gain sucks
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    yes, i'm 5'8" and weigh 160. i'd like to lose about 10 more pounds, which seems to be the hardest.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 @163.....looking to go to maybe 150. 145 at the very least. I saw some of you who were 5'9 were trying to get in the 130's. I'd be a stick! I guess that goes to show how much the frame really matters. I'm a large frame so I start to get boney around 140.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my current goal is 155 before my wedding in June. I've been trying to lose the same 15 pounds (closer to 20 right now) for over 2 years. I have yet to make it into the 150s. I'd love to have some friends for support.
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 15 lbs also. To my surprise, I've never shown up as overweight on the BMI chart, although I've gotten reeaaally close. I felt and looked overweight at 5'6 and 51 lbs.

And add me to those who are trying to gain muscle and reduce body fat percentage. Reproductive cancers run in my family so I think if I can get down to 20-25% body fat now, in my mid-40s, and stay there, I will hopefully reduce my risk (oh, and uh, look better too!)
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 143 my goal is 130

Same!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Target 130 for me as well :)

So I have about 12 pounds to get down to what I *think* will be my ideal weight, I'm at an okay weight (142) for my height (5'8") now, but I definitely have some way to go before I'm happy, but blimey are the pounds coming off slowly! Not that they ever really came off *that* steadily, but it is literally .5/1lb a week (if at all) which is fine, if a little frustrating, so I understand how many in this thread are feeling.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    :mad: Its like the last few pounds hold on for dear life!

Ack, you ain't joking!
  • JacqueBackhus
    Options
    I too only have about 10 to 15 to lose.... so my question is what do all of you do to do this? I work out, well have been doing Cross Training for about the last 3 weeks, and watch my calories. But haven't lost anything. I have definitely noticed a difference in my arms, legs and abs, but no actual weight. I usually try to stay at 1200 calories, but most of the time I'm right at 1500. Is that where I need to start looking at the reason as to why I'm not losing? Any advice would be GREAT!!!!! Oh, and I drink ALOT of water. Gave up pop last August, YEAH me! :-)
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 148 I want to be 130. In the last year I have put on 6 lbs and can not lose even 1 lb. So upsetting and discouraging. If you want to add me please feel free. Maybe we can do this together!!!
  • arma109
    arma109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5-1/2 and 155. My goal is 135. :happy:
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 133 lbs. I would like to weigh 120, but I have been hovering at 135 or so for about 6 months. My 1st week on MFP I lost 4 lbs. I have since gained 2 lbs back. (It will be 1 month in 2 days.) I consistently log food and exercise, but my calorie counts are all over (above, below). Exercise isn't consistent either. Two years ago I lost 40 lbs and they have stayed off, so I know I can do it. Just can't figure out what's lacking this go around. In the next two weeks I will be concentrating on eating whole, unprocessed foods. Will hit up the grocery store this weekend for fruits and veggies. Hoping a new approach will turn it around for me.