Sixers Spring Into Summer - Week 3

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    sure thing. we weigh in on tuesday. you can just copy and paste that last list and add your name. the upper ones are those who checked in.

good luck....

later :heart:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Shanell
    SW 211 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 213.5 lbs PROGRESS + 2.5
    Cathy
    SW 203 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 204.8 lbs PROGRESS +1.8
    Kristin
    SW 169 lbs/ GW 175 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    EM:
    SW 146.4 lbs/GW 141.4 lbs / CW 148.0 lbs PROGRESS +1.6
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4 lbs/ GW 148 lbs/ CW 154.4 lbs PROGRESS +1.0
    Robin
    SW 185.5lbs/ GW 179.5lbs/ CW 189.5lbs PROGRESS +4
    Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 169.8 lbs PROGRESS -4.8 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW 180 lbs/ GW 170 lbs/ CW 180 lbs PROGRESS - 0.0 lbs
    Lex
    SW 204 lbs/ GW 193 lbs/ CW 204.6 lbs PROGRESS +0.6lbs
    Tiff
    SW 152.2lbs/ GW 141.6lbs/ CW 151.2 lbs PROGRESS - 1 lb :-)
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 218 PROGRESS -o.0 lbs

Tammara
    SW 211lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW207.5 lbs PROGRESS -3.5 lbs
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/ GW185 lbs/ CW200 lbs PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 162.5lbs/ GW 159.5lbs/ CW 159.5lbs PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs
    Brandy
    SW 174 lbs/ GW 161 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS - 3
    Tan
    SW 289 lbs/GW 279 lbs / CW 289 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Crystal
    SW 175 lbs/GW 163 lbs/CW 175 lbs PROGRESS =/- 0

Hey guys I don't have much time but I didn't gain or lose any more weight this week. and I am tired of saying that. SO here is my short little rant:
    I NEED to get my *kitten* into gear, I have been on MFP for a month and only 2 lbs? that is sad and pathetic, so I am going to kick my butt into gear and if any of you hear me laying off the training plz kick my butt around a little!!!!! I need to be down to 200'lbs by June first. so brittany is kicking things into a higher gear. I want to be a healthier weight, and I REALLY want to look some what okay when I go to work as a Dive Instructer July 19th. so weightloss here I come!

I am going to the gym as soon as the man gets home around 11 pm.

<3 yal and promise to update more personally later tonight or tomorrow morning!
    B:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey Group!!! HELLUVA week. Man!!!! This is why dentist usually work in their own practices and don't fool around with corporations. I was told this week that I am not doing enough crowns???? WHAT???? That pissed me off. I just was soooo mad. Don't tell me I'm not doing enough, crowns. I do what the kids need, I comfort them so they don't hate the dentist all their lives and I do what is ethical. I will never change that. P.S. I won't be working for this company longer than one year. So.. new job in January. I had a guy for the corporate office act like I didn't know how to do crowns, so he showed me how to do them. He said, maybe I will start doing more now!!! SCREAM. WHAT..... Again... I am a licensed dentist, I don't deserve this crap! Anyway, back to my cooooooool self. I have missed you all. I read the post and I know we are having a rough start but we will keep working hard. For the past two days, I have been at work late bc of the silly complaints and I wasn't able to do workout at all on tuesday and then today I had a company doctor dinner.... to tell me again. Don't be afraid to do crowns..... and and then I got home at 10 pm because I had to drive 45 mins to the meeting AND it was after work. WHEW!!! Loads off my chest now. I have not weighed in. Sorry, I will try to do it Friday.

Well...................................... I am trying to regroup and I will be back in full swing soon. Love ya all!!!

Tamm:drinker:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Tamm, I'm so sorry. I agree with you, if they don't need you can't do them. I need you for my kids dentist. They actually love going to the dentist. The dentist they go to is for kids only and he brings in his little weiner dogs, which my girls love to play with. I hope you can find a dentistry to work for that lets work on what needs to be done not extra to make money, which is what it sounds like.

Hello to everyone else. Time to get my girls up and ready for school. Later and have a good day.:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    oh, tamm totaly agree with shanell...someone is looking for money. time to move on.
    shanell...the car looks so good. dad was saying as we were driving away it looks like the bottom disappears and the top is floating. i just can't see the green yet. but, i am sure it will look sharp. is your day any better today?

going to sons today to help him get some tv. and put up some curtains. didn't realize his neighbor can see in his kit. window and down the hall to his bedroom. he won't close doors, he's the only one who lives there. (i wouldn't). so need to solve that, and he said the neighbors on the other side have a seceruty light that is on all night so needs heavy black outs. so found some at goodwill. only thing is i like them so i want them back if i can use them at my new place. or i could just make me some. it's a red check with deium boarder. maybe i can sneak in a little empting of some of his creates. i am an organizeing nut. plus i want those creates for my packing. which i am liking the cleaner/non clutter look of my house right now. so i think i will be doing more throwing out than planned. i just like to collect things.

well need to get to an exercise dvd today. change things up some.

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope you're enjoying your Thursday!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope you're enjoying your Thursday!:flowerforyou:

So far, so good!
    Hope yours is wonderful too!! :flowerforyou:

PS- Sent a friend invite on Facebook for you last night *giggle*
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ok, may have a problem coming on......:noway:
    see sometimes i become obsessed with exercising. like while at the gym the other day didn't want to leave. i pulled myself away. today ran a mile again and wanted to keep going from the "runners high". so my problem i see coming on is RUNNING what no way :noway: not this heavy old woman.....but, oh well, life goes on doesn't it. :laugh:
    just wanted to share. glad you having a good lauryn..keep smiling..:flowerforyou:
    hello kistin...

• kistinbee
    Options
    HaHa! Thanks Lauryn! I was SO busy last night I didn't even get on facebook! Hopefully tonight...I promise I have not forgotten you!:flowerforyou:

Cathy...good morning! A running problem?! That's FABULOUS! I had one of those also, and couldn't believe it! It's a good addiction to have!:wink:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    chipper. I WANT YOUR PROBLEM!!!! :laugh: I am like that though... I am either a work out / health nut ... or the fast food queen... clearly MFP was my solution to this... but so far I just can't get back into the swing of it...

B... I need to kick it in gear too... I don't know why I am in such a slump I have motivation... and the tools... just can't get it going.. :grumble: but we can do this and we will. :drinker:

lauryn. glad to here all is well today! :bigsmile:

kristin. how are you?

tamm. good for you... no need for crowns if they aren't needed... keep your head up!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Well, just had a good workout with a friend at the campus rec and then grabbed coffee at Starbucks. it is a beautiful morning here!!! I am currently working on a paper that's due Monday (and I haven't started) while I wait to meet up with a girl i've been working on a project with.

Really want to go to Noodles & Co. for lunch. I could be really good and get the whole grain tuscan linguini with veggies but desperately want the Wisconsin Mac and Chees! ;) Shouldn't eat out at all for lunch though since I am for suer going out to eat tonight with classmates. and I should be working on that paper.....hmmmmm

Em - I thought of you today during my workout because I have Red Sox cap on!!!! :bigsmile:

Cathy - I'm trying to develop that problem as well!!!

Lauryn - hey there beautiful!!!

Kristin - no time for facebook? haha, i wish i had that problem....I always seem to find time for FB.

Going to try and kick it in gear today so B and Em LET'S DO THIS!!!!

I've decided that when i come back from my internship this summer and get to see all my grad school classmates again i want to shock them all with my amazingly in shape self so this is the start of that dream!!! They won't even recognize me!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • crazybaby
    crazybaby Posts: 17
    Options
    Cool thanx chipper i have lost 2 pounds in the last 3 days is that healthy im only new lol :blushing: could it be water weight?? im confused but happy lol

Shanell
    SW 211 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 213.5 lbs PROGRESS + 2.5
    Cathy
    SW 203 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 204.8 lbs PROGRESS +1.8
    Kristin
    SW 169 lbs/ GW 175 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    EM:
    SW 146.4 lbs/GW 141.4 lbs / CW 148.0 lbs PROGRESS +1.6
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4 lbs/ GW 148 lbs/ CW 154.4 lbs PROGRESS +1.0
    Robin
    SW 185.5lbs/ GW 179.5lbs/ CW 189.5lbs PROGRESS +4
    Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 169.8 lbs PROGRESS -4.8 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW 180 lbs/ GW 170 lbs/ CW 180 lbs PROGRESS - 0.0 lbs
    Lex
    SW 204 lbs/ GW 193 lbs/ CW 204.6 lbs PROGRESS +0.6lbs
    Tiff
    SW 152.2lbs/ GW 141.6lbs/ CW 151.2 lbs PROGRESS - 1 lb :-)

Tammara
    SW 211lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW207.5 lbs PROGRESS -3.5 lbs
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/ GW185 lbs/ CW200 lbs PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 162.5lbs/ GW 159.5lbs/ CW 159.5lbs PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 218 PROGRESS -2 lbs
    Brandy
    SW 174 lbs/ GW 161 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS - 3
    Tan
    SW 289 lbs/GW 279 lbs / CW 289 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Crystal
    SW 175 lbs/GW 163 lbs/CW 175 lbs PROGRESS =/- 0
    Sophie(crazybaby)SW 164lbs/GW 140 lbs/CW 162 lbs PROGRESS = -2 lbs
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Sophie, welcome. Yes, at first it is common to lose as much as 15lbs in a week! Lots of water and recently-added fat go very quickly. Just remind yourself not to feel bummed when it slows down.

Lauryn, I'm so glad you're feeling well today! I was thinking of you a lot yesterday. Hey, find me on FB! I'm on Kristin's profile. That goes for all of you actually :wink:

Kristin, heya girl!! I saw you started a preggo thread - GREAT idea :smile: I've been loving the belly pics on fb. ADORABLE!

Shanell, hi!

Cathy, not a bad problem to have!

AmyLou, I totally understand that goal. Great motivation :happy:

Em, you'll get it back :flowerforyou:

Tamm, that's AWFUL!! Good for you for not being a push-over and having ethics! Scary to think that people are pushing unnecessary procedures :frown:

So things are still going well for me despite my very disappointing weigh-in. That's the first time I've been able to say that actually, which I know is a HUGE victory in itself. And yesterday I even made chocolate chip cookies with the kiddos and I allowed myself 2 (they're little) and I STUCK TO THAT. I also kicked butt at the gym last night and burned 750 cals in 55 minutes which is crazy. My HR stayed around 90%-95% max :laugh: So I'm really feeling good about my chances of getting back to my pre-Christmas weight and then moving down from there. Have a great one ladies!

Woohoo - I just weighed myself (I posted first) and I'm down 1.6 from Tuesday which is down from what I was on Friday :ohwell: YAY!! :bigsmile:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Okay! I promised to do rounds today! SO HEYA!!!

Sophie (I love your name!) - Two pounds is a great start! I lost 7 pounds a year or two ago in one day because it was pure water weight. Sounds like your off to a great start! Just make sure you don't weigh yourself every day it can become an obsession plus you never know what your real weight is. I weight twice a week once on tuesdays and once on Fridays. for two different groups. ^_^

Amy- MAC AND CHEEESEEEEEEEE You totally just mentioned my biggest vice... ahjaowejfaej I <3 mac and cheeeeeeeese... and great on having a dream! I really hope you accomplish it! I know you can do it! AND SO WILL EM AND I!!!!! ^_^

Cathy - I really really really wish I was a work-out aholic! I can do it for like.. 3 days and on the 3rd day i manage to convince myself that i deserve a break.. sigh.. i need a more addictive personality!!!! Congrats though! You are going to be the best you can be before you know it!

Lauryn - HAPPY THURSDAY!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: ^_^ yay for celebrating the good days!

Kristin- AWWW baby! :flowerforyou: and no time for FB!? I think that is a crime...:ohwell:

Tamm- I am terrified of dentists and police men for that reason.. they always get pushed for things. and Congrats on standing up! you will find the right company i know it! ^_^

Gonabfit- I think i need to do a bootcamp style as well.. i need someone to kick my *kitten* into high gear, how to do you like taebo by the way?

Nellie- your daughters sound adorable, and Hello! I don't think i have said hi before.. haha! ^_^

Pedal - i have had disappointing weigh ins the last couple weeks but we can do it! we can work through all our stresses and emotions and do this! We got the power girlie!!! I know it! ^_^ Plus seriously only 2 cookies! YOU NOT HUMAN!!!! (meaning that in a positive manner!) :drinker:

and finally my comrade in rut!
    EM! - okay so you and me can do its! we gots it! Sooo I did my dvd the other night, I didnt make it to the gym last night because bf and I kind of .. u know gots busy...... in sorts... haha :blushing: but i got a good amount of exorcise from that (:blushing: ) but I really want to do more. I feel like i am being pathetic. SO ladies I made a mini goal and I want to make it! I want to be 200 lbs by the end of may. I saw the doctor this morning and he said that a good way to jump start weightloss and healthy eating is by going through a full body cleanse. He suggested the Mega Cleanse.. Basically lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, and water! lots and lots of water! he says if i do that for ten days I will lose all the toxic weight and will have a smaller appetite so i will be less likely to give into cravings. So I am doing it. today is day one. ^_^ although i put toooo much cayenne in my jug so its a nasty dose but i am doing it all the same. So em what are you gunna do? going to make time to go to the gym? I want to do my DVD work out twice more over this weekend.. but I dont know if i will have the space to do it so instead tonight i want to walk for at least an hour, and on friday I want to do elliptical for half an hour. saturday I REALLY want to squeeze in my work out dvd, and sunday will be walking for a couple hours.. ideally. so Everyone be my witness and dont let me get out of things with various excuses!
    Em what are you going to do for the weekend! lets make mini goals!!!! ^_^

<3
    B
  • kistinbee
    Options
    You gals are too funny! And whoever has facebook needs to send me a friend request!!! If you send me a private message on here, I'll give you my info to look up, or you can give me yours! I'd LOVE more friends!!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    B - I'm not trying to say you should listen to me instead of your doctor, BUT I really really want you to consider this particular cleanse idea with a LOT of caution. It BAFFLES me that there are medical professionals who recommend this to people because it really isn't what's best for your body. I have had extensive conversations with a few naturopathic doctors about cleanses (the lemon/cayenne/syrup one included) as well as two doctor friends of mine. Point 1 is right: a great way to jump start is a cleanse. But not some calorie and nutrient-depriving "menu". A true cleanse allows your body to rid itself of excess toxins and water and waste that it can't get rid of while a perpetual influx of more of those things are coming. A cleanse that actually does good by your body should follow a regime that eliminates foods that support candida (yeast, mushrooms, vinegars, fermented products like tofu and miso), refined sugars and grains of any kind, common allergens (wheat, eggs, dairy, citrus), all peanut products (even organic - though no one in their right minds should consume non-organic peanut products anyway with their level of chemical contamination. But all peanuts other than jungle peanuts contain a mold called aflatoxin which wreaks havoc on the body). You should consume more water, white tea, TONS of leafy greens and dark purple, orange and red vegetables, limited fruits but plenty of berries, a limited amount of lean animal protein like salmon, white fish, bison, chicken or turkey but relying on plant proteins like beans and lentils (which also give you the huge dose of fibre essential to a cleanse) and the best grain is whole grain rice.
    I'm sorry to shove that very strong opinion on you but as I say, I've had extensive discussions about this kind of thing and I would rather see you do something healthy :flowerforyou: I've also got a hefty science background in biology / kinesiology plus personal training and nutrition training. Like all else in life, take what (if anything) you want from what I said and filter it through your own mind :wink:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have 2 days of exercise (I looked, before Tuesday, it had been 26 days since I last did anything! :noway: ) under my belt. Like Brittany (I think it was you anyways), or maybe Em, I get a couple of days in, then find a reason not to. Like today, I had work. But I figure, if I take today off, then get back on track tomorrow, and work out through the weekend, even if it's only taking a dog for a walk, then take Monday off (again, for work), two days off in a week aren't bad. And actually, when I was doing good with losing the weight, I was only working out 3 or 4 days a week...

I have incentive now! It's official! We are taking the kids on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise! We leave August 29 (actually, I think we fly to Florida on the 26th...), so that gives me 19 full weeks to lose as much as I can. I do soooo much better when I have an incentive! Shoot, just looked at the clock, and need to run the oldest to his viola lesson.... Have a good night ladies, maybe personals tomorrow, or the next day?
    Robin
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Thanks Sixers!!!! I appreciate the support. I will always stand my ground. I'm made of steel when it comes to any matter that I feel in my heart. I'm so glad this week is OVER. Tiff and I are going to see Joyce Meyers this weekend. I love her books and I like her teachings too. :flowerforyou: It will be very nice! What a wonderful way to end this week. I can't wait to enjoy my three day weekend. I think I'm not going to work any extra days for a while, unless I really need to. No need to help a company that doesn't respect my decisions.

B!- I hope you have a great success with your cleanse. You can do it!!!

Rhiannon- I'm glad you are removing weight again! YAY, you are doing a wonderful job. That is amazing how much of a fitness/health background you have. Do you still do any personal training? I often think about learning more about nutrition. I would LOVE owning a wellness center with my sister and my mom. (My mom's a nurse, Tiff- Doctor, Me-Dentist... I think we can do lots for the community. That's one of my big dreams on day!!)

Cathy- I have that problem too! At least you take your days off. LOL. I hope you find a balance.

Shannell- Hope things got better at work for you. Best wishes! You can do it! Did you go grocery shopping yet?

Lauryn- glad you are having a great day

Kristin- I'm glad you are gaining! Your months are flying by. (I guess that's easy for me to say)

Tiff- Can't wait to go to the conference. Good luck studying this week.

RedSox- how is everything going for you? How big is your baby now??

Robin- congrats on a smooth start. Don't look backwards, keep your eyes ahead on your goal. you can do this!

To all I missed... I hope everything is going well for you. I'm supporting you all the way. You can reach your goals. One day at a time.

P.S. I hate that I took two days off this week because I feel that slacker bug in my soul. I need to do a DVD right now but I'm still sitting here. DANG!!! I'm an all or none kinda girl. Just looking for some balance.

Take care

Tamm:heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    wakey wakey......:drinker: coffee time (for those drinkers)

i am doing great. nothing new around here. went to sons yesterday and got some more of his crates unpacked to bring home to me to fill. he got his tv working and is in heaven. had gone fishing, which he is finding he really enjoys. going again today. he said it is a little lonely way out there, but, nice. he will be by today to do laundry.

well off to finish my coffee and off to the gym.

• kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning gals! Happy Friday!!!! :drinker: Have a FABULOUS day!:flowerforyou: