OK I'VE BEEN LOGGING IN FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW..NO WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    you should be eating AT LEAST 1200 cals a day, but still staying under your calorie goal. if you work out but just eat more cals than you've burned it's not going to make a difference.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    eat your calories back. stick to the MFP budget and remain consistent. Continue to maintain the same calorie deficit daily and stick with it and you should see results.
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    I mean i even started Gillians 30 day shred and gave up after 5 days because nothing was lost.

Maybe I should go back to having my days like this:

Breakfast - cereal
    Lunch - foot long subway/mcdonalds wrap
    dinner - cookie

thats it!

Are you serious.. I mean use common sense yea your going to lose weight at first but then your body going to be hanging on to what little food your eatting because it's starving.
    After reading that I can't even take this post seriously :/
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ok so one person is telling me to eat more and another is telling me to eat half my exercise calories back

-_-;

Okay so here is the solution to that. Make sure your exercise burned calories are accurate. I have a heart rate monitor. Apparently those have some faults but it is better than going in blind. I also got a food scale. Please consider the quality of te food you're eating. If you just started running again you are breaking down those muscles and building more. You need to have the right fuel for that. Water and healthy food. Cut back on the sugar, eat back your exercise calories and please spend more than five days trying. 5 days is not enough for any results and you may need to wait longer if you're retaining water from building new muscle.
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    you should be eating AT LEAST 1200 cals a day, but still staying under your calorie goal. if you work out but just eat more cals than you've burned it's not going to make a difference.

My calorie goal is 1200. :S
  • Brandongood
    Options
    You're already lean (and gorgeous!) There might not be any weight to lose at this point. Focus on strength training and a teeny tiny calorie deficit (no more than 250 calories below maintenance).

Don't get hung up on a number on the scale. Use photos and how clothes fit to judge your progress. I've gained weight since October, and I'm wearing smaller clothes. I'm happy with that... I'd rather be heavier than I look than look heavier than I am.

^^ This. What do you have to lose? Why not go on a program to maintain the fitness you have? Or just keep working out when you can? Youre not losing any weight I think because there is not any weight to lose.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    You should definitely see the 30DS through, you may be losing inches, but not as many pounds, which is fine. Find an activity that you really like and do it. Eat less processed food and definitely cut down on the sugar. Jaffa cakes are sooo good, but they are spiking your sugar levels! Stick with it. I know it's frustrating, I do. It took me awhile to find the right balance to lose weight, bu tI went through a period where I lost nothing. Hang in there.
  • jayneham
    Options
    what is stone?
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    Ok so one person is telling me to eat more and another is telling me to eat half my exercise calories back

-_-;

Okay so here is the solution to that. Make sure your exercise burned calories are accurate. I have a heart rate monitor. Apparently those have some faults but it is better than going in blind. I also got a food scale. Please consider the quality of te food you're eating. If you just started running again you are breaking down those muscles and building more. You need to have the right fuel for that. Water and healthy food. Cut back on the sugar, eat back your exercise calories and please spend more than five days trying. 5 days is not enough for any results and you may need to wait longer if you're retaining water from building new muscle.

Now this is the answer i'm looking for. Thankyou! :-)
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    You're already lean (and gorgeous!) There might not be any weight to lose at this point. Focus on strength training and a teeny tiny calorie deficit (no more than 250 calories below maintenance).

Don't get hung up on a number on the scale. Use photos and how clothes fit to judge your progress. I've gained weight since October, and I'm wearing smaller clothes. I'm happy with that... I'd rather be heavier than I look than look heavier than I am.

^^ This. What do you have to lose? Why not go on a program to maintain the fitness you have? Or just keep working out when you can? Youre not losing any weight I think because there is not any weight to lose.

But I was once at 8 stone 10 lol! i've gained 7 pounds :/
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    You need WAY more protein.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    running burns a lot of calories. and then jillian's 30ds. are you sure you're eating enough??
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sugar and salt watch those.
  • Brandongood
    Options
    running burns a lot of calories. and then jillian's 30ds. are you sure you're eating enough??

what she said
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    I'm not sure how many calories i should be eating?? MFP says 1200..

Im always hungry, and have to run to burn 600 calories just so i can have dinner..
  • Brandongood
    Options
    If youre always hungry, youre not eating enough
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What does MFP say your sodium levels are at? Try changing your diary to track sodium instead of fiber so we can get a better idea of your intake. Also are you drinking water at all? Make sure to log those as well.
  • Brandongood
    Options
    I'm not sure how many calories i should be eating?? MFP says 1200..

Im always hungry, and have to run to burn 600 calories just so i can have dinner..

You should be eating what youre burning. Your body needs the fuel for these workouts your doing. MFP already sets a calorie deficit for you when you set it to lose .5, 1, or 2 lbs a week. You shouldnt have to feel a requirement to exercise just to be able to eat.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been at a roadblock as well, i actually gained a few lbs,so i asked another member for some advice and after explaining my situation,she suggested to that maybe my cal intake was too high and not enough fruits/veggies as well as i needed to up my water intake,so yesterday i lowered my intake by setting lost to 1.5lbs and upped my water so for my next weigh in hopefully i see results...i also try to excerise for at least 30mins everynite,i'm sick this week so i didn't have the energy to zumba...Not sure if this will help but thought i'd share the advice i was also given :smile:
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I mean i even started Gillians 30 day shred and gave up after 5 days because nothing was lost.

Maybe I should go back to having my days like this:

Breakfast - cereal
    Lunch - foot long subway/mcdonalds wrap
    dinner - cookie
    You're starving yourself. You can't lose weight eating this little.

1. Use MFP tool to calculate your daily calorie target
    2. Eat that much; never less OR eat even more, exercise, and eat your exercise calories back to meet the higher calorie target.
    3. Repeat.
    thats it!