OK I'VE BEEN LOGGING IN FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW..NO WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I found the problem. Typing your topic in all caps makes you gain weight.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Calculate your maintenance then create a safe deficit. Try it for 2 weeks and see if you lose at least 1-2lbs. Its all about balance in your macros and calories in vs out. Good luck!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    you should be eating AT LEAST 1200 cals a day, but still staying under your calorie goal. if you work out but just eat more cals than you've burned it's not going to make a difference.

My calorie goal is 1200. :S

and that's not enough. you need to be realistic with your calorie goal.
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know but i feel like eating 1200 calories a day and running is all too much :-( i want to get back to 8 stone 10 - it seems like it was so easy last year!

I know for me 1200 calories was way too few. Im active and healthy and trying to maintain that was actually starving myself. if your hungry you should eat. just reach for healthy choices. they now have healthy substitutions for EVERYTHING these days. Try diet cocoa instead of rich hot cocoa, tea instead of coffee, almond or soy milk instead of milk, flavored rice cakes instead of chips, turkey burger instead of red burger meat, fish or poultry instead of red meat. Youll get there but its all about little choices to adjust into somthing thats healthy and works for YOU
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I know but i feel like eating 1200 calories a day and running is all too much :-( i want to get back to 8 stone 10 - it seems like it was so easy last year!

You are clearly not eating enough. Here are some guidelines Re: weight loss and calorie goals

Generally speaking... If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal (1000 calorie deficit).
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal (750 calorie deficit).
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal (500 calories).
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal (500-250).
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal (250).
  • forest0spirit555
    Options

no offence hun, but if your not here to help her than please go to another blog. MFP is about supporting others to get through this. We don't need your sarcasm right about now.
  • forest0spirit555
    Options
    you should be eating AT LEAST 1200 cals a day, but still staying under your calorie goal. if you work out but just eat more cals than you've burned it's not going to make a difference.

My calorie goal is 1200. :S

and that's not enough. you need to be realistic with your calorie goal.

agreed.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    started reading advice to O.P. din't even get to second page and I was like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM1xNy51ygeMjS539H-vB-iyWr-fJW88YafJiOpA2Q1OW1txwCw6fhypx4iQ
  • MissMalinSara
    Options

Haha you comedian.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    From what you have said in your post, and from your pic it seems like you are only trying to lose about 7lb (half a stone right?)

1200 cals a day is too few, reset your goal to lose 0.5lb a week (which should give you about 1400/1500 calories) and be a bit more patient. It is always hardest to lose weight when you haven't got a lot to lose. It took me from May - Dec to lose 20lb and the last 7/10 lbs were the hardest, I actually lost more when I ate more.

Hope this helps.
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    Thankyou for all your advice everyone.

Please tell me if this is correct:

Instead of setting MFP to lose 2lbs i'll set it to either 0.5 or 1 pound a week weight loss.
    I will also eat most of my exercise calories back. Reduce sugar intake ( i have a sweet tooth!) and carry on eating fresh foods.
    I will run 5 days a week (mixing it up a bit with other equipment)

Am i right?
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7, weigh 9 stone 3-5 (fluctuates)....

For those non-Brits. One stone is 14 lbs. So she weighs 129-131 lbs.... and is 5'7"

Honey - LISTEN UP.

YOU ARE A COMPLETELY HEALTHY WEIGHT. Your BMI is in the lower half of the healthy category.

IF YOU ARE ON A RESTRICTED DIET (e.g. 1200 calories) AT THIS WEIGHT, YOU WILL ONLY MESS YOUR BODY UP.

If you're not happy with your body, see a personal trainer and work on TONING or muscle definition.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    First - you look healthy, fit and fabulous already!

But if you still feel you have a little bit to lose, those few pounds can be very stubborn! Believe me I know!

A few suggestions -
    invest in a HRM if you don't have one to be sure of your exercise calories burned.
    Eat as clean as possible with plenty of fresh fruits and veggies.
    Up your protein
    Eat all your calories!!
    Water water water!

LOL I really need to take my own advice!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I echo what was said about having a more realistic goal.

Go back in and put it at HALF a pound a week and see what it says to eat. I am guessing about 1600-ish.

1200 was too little for me, ever. I would die.

I ate 1500-1600 to lose and 1800-2000 to maintain and I'm only 5'2" 114 lbs right now.

Also watch sugars and sodium, and eat MORE protein.
    Lift weights, and don't give up on a program after 5 days . It takes weeks of dedication to notice a change. When you are using your muscles they retain water as they are healing so you may notice a gain on the scale but it is not fat so ignore it.
    The scale is the enemy. It makes you think something is wrong when it isn't.

You WOULD NOT see a weight loss after 5 days with Jillian's 30DS. You would most likely see a GAIN, as your muscles will be retaining water. But it is a GOOD gain, PRODUCTIVE and TEMPORARY. After the whole 30 days you might be a pound or 2 lighter but you will be a size smaller and look way better naked.
    Lean muscle is sexy, but to have it you have to work hard. Don't weigh yourself. Measure once a week and judge by the fit of your clothes and take pictures.
  • robin52077
    Options

Instead of setting MFP to lose 2lbs i'll set it to either 0.5 or 1 pound a week weight loss.
    I will also eat most of my exercise calories back. Reduce sugar intake ( i have a sweet tooth!) and carry on eating fresh foods.

Am i right?

yes pretty much.

Mostly the "eat more" part.

Technically you do not need to lose weight, you are the lower end of the healthy range.
    If you are unhappy with your body you need to think about RECOMPOSITION not LOSS.

Gain a little muscle while losing a little fat. Same scale number but better looking and healthier body.

And to do that you need to focus on weights more than running.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Am i right?

Sounds very good. 0.5/week, not 1.
    If your exercise calories are measured accurately eat them all.
    Consider adding strength training to your routine.
    Do you have a food scale?
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    If I set it to 0.5 a week will I actually lose weight though? I have untill March 12th to lose at least 4 pounds..

IM scared of gaining weight by eating 1500 calories a day :/
  • robin52077
    Options
    If I set it to 0.5 a week will I actually lose weight though? I have untill March 12th to lose at least 4 pounds..

IM scared of gaining weight by eating 1500 calories a day :/

Why do you "have to" lose at least 4 pounds by March 12th?!?

So you're saying that if your pants got loose and your butt was firmer and you felt stronger and sexier you would still call it a failure if the number on the scale stayed the same? :huh:
  • robin52077
    Options
    I just did some math and your TDEE is about 1675 on days you do NOT exercise. 2100 (ish) on days you DO exercise.

you have a few choices here. Eat 1600 as a flat number EVERY DAY and do not worry about adding in exercise calories...this will have you losing somewhere between half a pound and 1 lb per week or so, since the deficit will be created BY the exercise (if you eat them, then it would be "maintenance").

OR

Set your diary to about 1500, eat that on rest days, and eat MORE (aka exercise calories) on days you DO work out, like 1800 or so.
    This will have you in a small deficit daily still resulting in the same or similar amount of loss.

it all depends on whether you like the idea of eating 1600 DAILY or eating 1500 some days and 1700 or 1800 on days you do exercise....

you need to get out of the "lose weight" mindset as a number on the scale....

you can lose body fat and have the scale stay the same if you are a little bloated from too much sodium, not enough water, or even from TOM. Has it been your TOM this past week by any chance? People can show a 5 pound GAIN during TOM week but it disappears after since it was never really there to begin with.

Try to start thinking in terms of fat vs muscle vs water weight instead of just one flat number on a scale.
    if you gain muscle and lose fat you'd look way better but probably weigh more...
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    p.s. who the f is gillian?!?! Jillian ?