How do you use PB2? Suggestions?

Options

Replies

• spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also use water, usually. Sometimes, when making PB&J I mix the PB2 in with the jam. Love this stuff. I've been eating it for more than 5 years. So happy it's now available in stores (Target).
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chocolate protein powder, and half a banana. Add ice and blend into a smoothie. Freaking amazing dessert in a glass!

There are also lots of recipes that you can find to use it for baking, fruit dips, etc.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i add it to my protein shakes in the blender- mixes very well
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I bought it once, used it once, threw it out, it tastes like cardboard.

I use real peanut butter, it's way better, in every way.
  • Kcallaway87
    Options
    marca_june wrote: »
    Have never used it but wanting to try. Can anyone tell me where to find PB2?

I found it at my walmart!
  • vtemp2013
    vtemp2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 Chocolate in overnight oats (add bananas, almond milk, PB2 chocolate and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Add honey in the morning and eat up!), or I drizzle it over a caramel rice cake with bananas and cinnamon for a sweet treat. You can also add it to plain yogurt, dip bananas in the powder, sprinkle it over frozen fruits for a chocolatey crunch, or drizzle it over pretzels.
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I made a smoothie this morning with PB2:

8 oz vanilla almond milk
    3 T PB2
    1 T ground flaxseeds
    1 banana
    2 oz water (optional - I like my smoothies thinner & smoother)

Blended all together in my Nutribullet. Not bad.
  • pinuprevival
    pinuprevival Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Big Lots has both regular and chocolate for $4.00 each!
  • Trishskee
    Trishskee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I add it to protein shakes and overnight oats.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I use it in shakes every AM...

Sweet potatoe & almond milk, PB2 (or pb2 chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg and mexican vanilla, flax or chia seeds..... nutribullet and yum.... may add stevia for sweetness

pb2 chocolate with mexican vanilla and almond milk shake.

pb2 2 chocolate, raw cacoa, cinnamon, almond or coconut milk and stevia/blue agave nectar shake.

I have reconsituted it as "peanut butter" but that was just gross.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    $3.99 at walmart. If they dont carry it.. then ask them to get it. I cant see paying for it and paying for shipping!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I usually put it in my slim fast or in my oatmeal.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like it sprinkled on popcorn.
  • andxhow
    andxhow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Aww man, the first time I tried this, I packed two tablespoons of powder for lunch-- figured I'd add water at work. So I start to add water and stir... whoops, I added too much water! It was like runny poo. I still dipped my celery in it. It tasted okay. The next day, I actually paid attention to what I was doing and mixed it properly. I love it! You literally can mix and eat it with anything! Shakes, faux ice cream, bananas, apples, celery boats... I'm sure you can make some sweet treats with it too!
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I found mine at Target. $4.69 for the small jar but totally worth it. Love mine on the 100 calorie Thomas English Muffins toasted with a little Smuckers sugar free jam on top. Smuckers has about five or more different flavors that are sugar free.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's great in baking and protein shakes. I don't use it for much else, though.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My husband was wondering if you could bake with PB2 or PB2 Chocolate. I didn't see any recipes or suggestions that I could in this forum, but saving this for later incase someone has recipes that suggest I could!

I bake with it all the time :) either as a direct sub for recipes that have peanut butter or just because I love a nutty taste

I also add it regularly to my oatmeal and smoothies

I've made Asian recipes that call for peanut butter/peanuts to use in sauce and replaced with the PB2

So you can use it everywhere and for everything

The one thing I haven't done with it is actually use it as peanut butter on a sandwich
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've never tried PB2 - I use PB Lean - which i think is very similar...and i use it as.... Peanut butter! I put it on toast, apples, rice cakes, sandwhiches - i se it everywhere i would normal PB - it tastes awesome and there like over 1000 flavor combos you can pick so I buy a zillion bags every few months!
  • chubbynow
    Options
    marca_june wrote: »
    Have never used it but wanting to try. Can anyone tell me where to find PB2?

Here is the link to find out if it is sold in your area
    http://www.bellplantation.com/locator/
  • recovering_leah
    Options
    PB2 is amazing <3 I use it in smoothies, on sandwiches, on top of waffles, mixed with granola, in baking - the possibilities are endless!