How do you use PB2? Suggestions?

Options
hollyeverhart
hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
Just got my order of PB2 & PB2 chocolate... No clue what to do with it! lol What is your favorite & healthy way to use it? I'm not picky, I don't use dairy, but I can substitute with soy/almond milk so all suggestions are welcome!

thanks!

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I would like to see how people use it too. And if its worth it taste wise?
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    I have never tried the chocolate, but it sounds amazing! I personally use PB2 in everything I would use regular PB in. I put it on my kids PB&J, or with bananas, everything! I just do as the directions say & it's just amazing! :)
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    My husband & son eat it like it's nothing different from regular peanut butter, and I just add water.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I love my PB2! I always add some to my protein shakes (either choc or regular). It's delicious. I like how you can make it as thin (for dipping) or thick (for spreading) as you want. Sandwiches, shakes/smoothies, pancakes or anything with batter, etc.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I stir it into my oatmeal. It also makes a great dip for apple slices.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I just got mine this week. I like it a WHOLE lot more than I thought I would. It tastes like peanuts - no weird tastes since its all natural.

I like to dip apples in the dry powder. I also like it mixed with milk or in a smoothie.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I would like to see how people use it too. And if its worth it taste wise?

The taste is really good, very natural, but the texture takes a bit to get used to. For the calorie savings though..... totally worth it (IMO)
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    if you look up the bell plantation (creators) website they have recipes.

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I tried pb2 chocolate in a smoothie today with half a banana, it was soooo good! I honestly prefer it over regular peanut butter.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yep, I usually use my PB2 in protein shakes. My other fav, especially if going for a post-workday run, is PB2 and sliced granny smith apple. Yummy!

I will say that you hav eto be careful if you plan on sub'ing it into baking and other recipes because a lot of those recipes need the oil and fat in the natural PB to make the recipe work. Other than that it's a total winner!

One more thing, I really can't tell much difference in taste between the PB2 and the chocolate PB2.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It is really good if you mix a little into a chinese veggie stir-fry. I saute the veggies, add some terriyaki sauce, ginger and a little PB2. (I don't eat chicken, but that would be awesome in the recipe as well...)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I use it as a substitute for peanuts in granola bar recipes. My daughter doesn't like the texture of nuts, but loves the flavor. Regular peanut butter makes the oatmeal into something like cookies. The pb2 allows the oatmeal to stay more intact - like a regular granola bar.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i just started using it andt mix and eat it with apples or just off the spoon for a snack. my daughter uses it for pbj sandwiches and on crackers. i really like it and the texture doesnt bother me at all. i would really like to try it in some other ways like pancakes or in a smoothie

also i have a business and make and sell chocolate covered pretzels and was thinking it would be good sprinkled on top of them instead of non-parelles for those who like peanuts and chocolate.
  • Heyhamburger
    Heyhamburger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use it in my protein shakes. I use Vanilla whey powder, pb2 chocolate, almond milk, and some honey and it is TO DIE FOR. seriously. I am obsessed.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    1. Mix with water
    2. Spread on bread
    3. Top with jelly
    4. Place slice of bread on top.

Enjoy
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have never used it but wanting to try. Can anyone tell me where to find PB2?
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I use it in my smoothies :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love it in my oatmeal, mixed in my greek yogurt and this may sound
    weird but try it, use a whole grain wheat pancake top with thin sliced
    banana's make your pb2 with extra water so it is like a thick milk shake
    warm in in microwave a few seconds and pour over the pancake so
    addicting and just under 100 calories
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    • spread it on whole-grain english muffins
    • add it to chocolate protein powder to make shakes
    • mix 1 serving with hershey's lite chocolate syrup (1 serving), spread it on banana slices and freeze. consume after at least an hour.
    • use it as a dip for celery and apples
    • mix it with Fage 0% yogurt (adding extra protein chocolate powder optional)
    • use it in Asian and Thai recipes that call for peanut butter or peanut sauce
    • have put it in oatmeal before

Those are my regular uses off the top of my head...
  • jess_kain
    Options
    I love it in my smoothies and my oatmeal!! Of course with apple slices as well as bananas : )

My FAVORITE smoothie Recipe
    2tbs pb2 (either one)
    frozen banana
    scoop protein powder(I used cookies and creme)
    1/4 old fashioned oats
    Water (I only use water in my shakes)
    SO YUMMY!!!!!