Meals that burn fat from problem areas....

Options
13»

Replies

• jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    *eyeroll*

Those are healthy meals for anyone, with fat anywhere, or with very low bodyfat.

Dr. Oz jumped the shark again.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    According to Dr. Oz .....

I got this far then stopped reading. Life is too short for another "according to dr oz" thread.

^^THIS is part of why you and I are friends. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I would not be wise to discredit the science of food & it's chemistry or the research.
    If there was any peer reviewed research (ie the way proper research works) that demonstrated that certain foods made you fat in certain areas of the body, it would be okay for him to promote that theory.

There is none.
    Believe what you want how you wish to believe, but there is evidence in peers & the evidence & study & research inside fats are also valid as are differing body types & DNA structures in body types which are more prone to fat storage & their locations-it's simple science they have been teaching us for years even amidts false advertising mega fast foods that are poor choices.. If you believe in other forms of science which I see from your diary you do it is not hard to conceive.
    The order of the locations from which you store fat is genetic. The order from which you burn fat is also genetic. There is no food or exercise that will change your body's genetics to cause you to burn or store fat in a different order. I do believe the science. Dr. Oz believes the money he's getting paid, he doesn't care for the science at all.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    just throwing it out there: Dr. Oz is a bit of a quack at this point and I take every thing he promotes with the smallest grain of salt because he'll just be promoting something else next week.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well regardless of the validity of how much someone might think my post may or may not help someone’s weight loss journey rest assured I’m not a troll, or a bot, and I’m not selling anything. I’m a real person who has lost nearly 100 lbs through diet and exercise alone. I honestly appreciate all constructive advice (especially from those who can demonstrate how one tactic or another can be effective or ineffective) – even the jokes were funny . I think my original post (while I was just trying to be helpful) might have come off like I was advertising for some product I sell – nope – I just know how hard it is to lose weight and was passing along something I had read.

Take care

I LOVE Dr.OZ & He & his staff & the network are a valued tool to many, don't pay any attention to the discrediting as people are all entitled to their opposing opinion(s). I love learning what he offers us as a useful tool. The issue with this post is people fail to realize how changing an average meal (not those on MFP) can greatly affect their weight loss. Belly fat is a big industry for marketing & it is obviously for a very valid reason. I appreciate your sharing & sorry you have been targeted with such negative replies & correspondences.

I second this post - thanks the recipes - look yummy :) It never dawned on me to put beans in my salad and I love them :)...I also started taking a all natural fat burner from a health store - it does contain raspberry ketones...it has only been a week or so, but I feel like I have a small energy boost in my workouts :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz should stick to what he knows........................surgery.

I don't give advice on cosmetics because I don't have the actual knowledge to back it up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I wonder how much money Dr. O has wrapped up in raspberry ketones?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you just made yourself a 397 calorie sandwich:

Whole grain English muffin - 120 calories
    1/4 avocado - 50 calories
    2 tsp olive oil - 80 calories
    1 slice tomato - 3 calories
    1 poached egg -74 calories
    1 slice swiss cheese - 70 calories

Eat one on those every morning and just watch your belly get flatter! LOL!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lol!!!!!