-71 pounds and still going (pics)

Options

Replies

• mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!! You look great. How long did this process take you ? And what are some things you did that helped along the way that you could share to inspire others. I only have about twenty lbs i want to loose but there are days i still want to give up.

I began around this time last year, I set little mental motivators/goals for myself every so often. At first it was me and my fiance learning how to find healthy alternatives in our daily lives, then it was the idea of refusing to buy a plus sized wedding dress (for no other reason than i wanted to walk into the bridal salon and be able to choose which ever dress i wanted and not have to be told "that section is for you" i was told that my entire life and when i was buying the most important dress i will ever purchase i simply did not want to hear it) then once i knew i reached that goal I motivated myself with the idea of choosing a tight dress to show off my success (goal accomplished) now i am working on reaching the goal of rocking my bikini in july for my destination wedding/honeymoon. I think for me the most important thing along the way was honestly telling myself "you can do this just take it one day at a time". and there is always something that i can think of to motivate myself even if it is just "alright magen if you work out for 30 minutes today you can treat yourself to a nice nail polish tomorrow" yup sometimes i still have to talk to myself to get me on track lol

I also think my biggest issue literally my entire childhood was portion control and not knowing what was considered a snack, a meal, ect...where now i have completely taught myself how to eat , i am eating enough yet doing so in a healthy way. I also had NO exercise in my daily routine at all prior to this year and even now I honestly do not work out for an hour every day. there are some days that i can only fit in a fast 20 or 35 minute workout and honestly it works for me.

everyone has different goals and to reach them there are different ways, i think the key is just to find what works for you. :smile:
  • Denisegp37
    Denisegp37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    congrats!! thank you for the motivation!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Georgous well done!
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    thanks for motivating me!!!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Posted twice!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    yeeeeeeeesh, nice work!!!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you are absolutely adorable and hot, hot, hot! congrats on all your hard work & commitment:smile: I'm the same height as you and it's inspiring to see. thanks for sharing!
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look Great :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Well HELLO Miss Tiny! You look awesome and should be super proud!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good job! I want to raid your shoe closet though..
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! WTG! :drinker:
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    You look amazing!! absolutely fantastic!
  • TrishaAvina
    Options
    Agreed! You are so cute beginning to end!! Great job.....keep up the good work, your such an inspiration!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Congrats! Thank you for posting this today because I needed it! ;-)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    awesome job, you look great!
  • whatluckycat
    whatluckycat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, and you looked cute at 208 lbs, too. Congratulations on job well done!
  • shelbsie
    shelbsie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT!!! thanks for posting...I keep looking at these success stories and saying "I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!!!" lol...I want a success story of my own!! you're inspiration for me :D thanks! I just started 99 lbs to go....ack!
  • xokelxo
    Options
    well done girl! you look beautiful, good for you­. i love that you had some great style even at the beginning! Seriously though, good job, and now you have a summer to look forward to showing off!!!!!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your such a motivation to me as I started around the same weight and have similar goals.

Hats off to you!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!