Girl Scout cookies

Options
It's that time of year again...dear God! I saw them posted outside of the grocery store entrances the other day, peddling their crack cookies lol! So what's your fave girl scout cookies and are you buying any this year? Mine are Samoas, aaaannnd no, I'm not buying any this year. I'll just donate the money to them, because if those cookies make it into my house, life will be bad!

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY! Girl Scout cookies are baked by the devil.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    I recently tried their new lemonade cookie?? I think that's what it is, anywho it's like a lemon shortbread cookie with a tangy frosting...OMG addicting
    And thin mints...I have mentioned before my affinity with them
  • knl124
    knl124 Posts: 44
    Options
    I bought two boxes to support the school I work at and got them 3 days ago. I'm proud to say I haven't eaten a single one!! I'm leaving that up to the rest of my family.
  • stablesong
    Options
    Tag alongs and Samoas are my favorite. This year, my mom bought me a box of tag alongs, but I only ate two and my brother ate the whole rest of the box. My math teacher also gave me a Samoa one day because he's awesome. But other than that, I haven't had any all year. I'd like to try the lemonades.
  • Phoenyx0189
    Options
    I tried the lemonades last year....it was just....delicious lol! I love all things lemon, so those were definitely fan-freakin-tastic!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes of the shortbread cookies and ate them all in a week's time. I'm not proud.
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY! Girl Scout cookies are baked by the devil.

They sure are! Its a sin to eat those things. I had to draaaaag myself away from this girl and her table at work. Cuz I wouldve bought the box and would have eaten the whole box! I looooove the dosidos...peanut butter mmmmm.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I felt so bad not buying any from this little girl dressed as a huge cookie the other day. Those cookies are so good they have to be a sin!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I love them too. I find that they are better when you can share them with someone, because then you can't eat the whole box by yourself.

I can't resist them all together, but when I do buy a box, I try to get rid of as many of them as fast as I can so that I am only left with a few. That way, we all get some cookies, I can say I supported a good cause, and none of us ends up eating the whole thing by ourselves.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I bought 1 box of thin mints for the kids and I had 2. They, along with my hubby, had the rest of the box! LOL
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm Samoas..... :cry:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I used to be a girl scout so I have to buy them. Shortbread is my weakness.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have a Girl Scout so for a while I had about 200 of those boxes staring at me, begging me to eat them. Thankfully she has sold most of them and I only have the ones I don't like left. (shortbread and shout-outs) :)

My favorites are caramel delites (samoas) and peanut butter sandwich (do-si-dos). I also like the thanks-a-lots. I haven't tried the lemonades but we have one box of those left...going to resist the temptation.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    They are evil and I am inviting the devil (in the form of tagalongs and thin mints) into my house. EVIL.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I ate 11 girl scout cookies as a snack today. Oops xD
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I bought 5 boxes the other day....2 for my BFF, 1 for hubby and 2 for everyone to share. My favs have to be thin mints and Samoas, but stayin away from Samoas since they're 140 calories for 2! The lemon cookies are only 28 calories each but they're tiny, so I did have 2 of those and 2 thin mints yesterday. Thankfully, for me, they'll be gone by tonite since hubby and BFF eat those cookies by the box..lol
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I promised to buy two boxes and they came yesterday. I didn't get the Tagalongs which are my favorite but I got the new ones, Savannah Smiles and some thin mints. The Savannah Smiles are short bread cookies dusted with powdered sugar and are VERY lemony. It was 150 calories for 5 and there are only 5 servings in the box so I figure it will be my treat after dinner once in a while. I will go through these boxes VERY slowly.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Bought 5 boxes for our family of four. They lasted 2 days. I ate about 1000 worth. Totally running away from those girls now (and I have to run far because that was a lot of calories). Good girl for dogging them.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch of them and will enjoy every last bite. My favorites are the tag a longs followed very closely by thin mints. I just got a box of the lemonades to try since everyone keeps telling me how good they are.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My husband came home with 4 boxes a couple of weeks ago. I've been eating one serving size a day. Sometimes this new found willpower amazes me. LOL