Girl Scout cookies

Options

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I didn't have the pleasure of turning down those deliciously delightful cookies. Ma bought two boxes of Trefoils home for me.
    I made the mistake of treating myself with five (the exact amount in a serving of them)... but now that I've tasted 'blood', I'm tempted to return for more. It's gotten so bad that I've resorted to recruiting my family as security.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year again...dear God! I saw them posted outside of the grocery store entrances the other day, peddling their crack cookies lol! So what's your fave girl scout cookies and are you buying any this year? Mine are Samoas, aaaannnd no, I'm not buying any this year. I'll just donate the money to them, because if those cookies make it into my house, life will be bad!

samoas are my fave too - especially frozen. i could eat an entire box in one sitting so we aren't buying this year. :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was a Girl Scout, and I remember how frustrating it was to try to sell those cookies so we could go on trips and do stuff. My suggestion, if you're not going to buy any cookies, possibly donate money so the girls can do activities.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hubs bought me Thin Mints yesterday (my faaave). I'm eating them a serving at a time & not feeling guilty about it. :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of thin mints and have one a day. It's all about indulgence tempered with the will power. Plus I share them with my husband and whoever drops by.
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My sister came home with an entire box full. =[
    My favorites are tagalongs and thin mints.
    I haven't bought any yet but I might just get one box.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had to find a sugar free version of the thin mints because I missed my girl scout cookies. I used to buy my own cookies when I was a kid and ate them!
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hm, are any girl scout cookies vegan?

Anyways, my favorite were always Trefoils, but I haven't had GS cookies in years!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have a girl scout in my house, so of course, there are cookies here too! My favorite are the peanut butter sandwiches and the Thanks-a-lots. I eat them, but I only eat a serving (usually!) & I do log them.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I resisted and resisted and then my district manager showed up at my store with an order sheet and 'don't worry I have the boxes in my trunk!' What was I supposed to do? It's a new job. She even said that she knew I ate healthy, but maybe my son would like them! So I bought 3 boxes, drove the hour home trying not to think about them in the backseat, gave them to my son and told him to hide them from me and bring them to school and share with his friends! It worked...but I really want them. I bought my favorites, the tagalongs, samoas and the peanut butter dosidos!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes of the shortbread cookies and ate them all in a week's time. I'm not proud.

LOL! This sounds like me. I'm buying two boxes because my best friend is selling them, then I'm giving them to my neighbors. They have like six kids. I'm sure they will enjoy them much more than me.
  • jpruth
    Options
    So I ended up buying two boxes of Girl Scout cookies a couple of weeks ago. Really it wasn't my fault! I just got out of the gym and went to the store because I ran out of Powerbars and there they were at the entrance.

See it was Super Bowl Sunday and they were wearing Giants jerseys (I live in NJ) so I thought it would be bad luck if I didn't buy some cookies.

I TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Throw the money at the little girls and run! hahaha

^^this^^ our troop will collect money for soldier donations & ship them to active duty military folks. so, yes throw the money & run!!

as a mom of 3 girl scouts i can't escape w/o buying 2 boxes of every kind. we r a family of 5 so they never last long.

my favorite is the do-si-do's (peanutbutter sandwiches)
  • Auds85
    Auds85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought 8 boxes this year, I left the thin mints out and froze the rest (2 boxes were for my hubby) I have had them for a week or more and still have a package and a half left :) My favorites are the Samoas and the peanut butter sandwich ones. I can't believe how much self control I've had as Girl Scout cookies are my weakness ( I love sweets) I've eaten the serving size or less
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I recently tried their new lemonade cookie?? I think that's what it is, anywho it's like a lemon shortbread cookie with a tangy frosting...OMG addicting
    And thin mints...I have mentioned before my affinity with them

Have to agree with this....Sadly someone brought 2 boxes today I ordered and giving them away....
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I recently tried their new lemonade cookie?? I think that's what it is, anywho it's like a lemon shortbread cookie with a tangy frosting...OMG addicting
    And thin mints...I have mentioned before my affinity with them

Have to agree with this....Sadly someone brought 2 boxes today I ordered and giving them away....

LOve me some thin mints :) Steph Ill take the two boxes.....LOL j/k
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    LEMON,oh so yummy.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i used to love the trefoil cookies.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints are some evil biotches - put em in the freezer and then eat a whole sleeve in one sitting- evil biotches I say!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I love me some Samoas!! Sadly, the Girl Scouts don't even have to be in sight to entice my craving...now they have Samoas ice cream at the grocery store
    AAAAHH!! Torture it 'tis!!!