Losing Weight really FAST

Options
13»

Replies

• gleechick609
    Options
    James Garrison, who was on the Extreme Weight Loss show, had a FB dedicated to outing the horrible tactics that they used on him in order to drop over 120+ lbs in one year.

They had him abuse laxatives, sit in sauna's to sweat out water, take diuretics, fast for days, restricted on a 1000 calorie diet... The poor guy now has a list of medical issues from the show.

I know that these weight loss shows are great motivation but what you do not see behind the scenes is NOT healthy. You should be losing 10-15 lbs in 3-4 months. Not 3-4 days!
  • loufelleE
    loufelleE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love the show! I did even audition for the first season of "Biggest Loser Philippines",but was not chosen as a final contestant.
    For 4 months you will only have to focus on weigh lost. you don't have to worry about work, and money. You have access to every workout equipment you can imagine, plus and you have trainers and dietician. They made me realize that, losing weigh is possible for people like me.
    When i audition i weigh 274lbs, after a year i gain 2 more pounds, luckily for me i found MFP and manage to lose 31 pounds in 5 months. I would still audition for the next season, but by then i guess i wont qualify for the require weight for girls which is 110 pounds ( my current weigh now).
  • susankaye123
    Options
    I dont think they failed nmiserably at all. When they came on the show they were obbese. They had no quality to their life. They left that show with a brand new look on life. And alot did keep their weight off. They have reuions on and met for thanksgiving dinner. These were past contestants and only from those seasons came back with the weight back on.They leave that show feeling good and their health improved remarkebly. Being 500 pounds or 400 pounds with high blood pressure diabeties is healther??????:brokenheart:
  • susankaye123
    Options
    typo mistake..only one came back for the thanksgiving dinner with his weight back on:drinker:
  • 42micheller42
    Options
    I think that to about the commercials they do so often now ! I hate it ...they think viewers are stupid and won't know we are watching a commercial ..I have watched the show for years but it is getting to be one big commercial.. The plugs for the "Biggest Loser" meals was the last straw ...It is supposed to be about doing it sensibly on your own ..now they are telling people they need to buy thier processed meals ... GRRRRRRR:grumble:
  • theresa029
    Options
    They loses weight rapidly and gained back like 30 plus pounds in a week or few. Just simply by drinking water. This is incredible and points to the fact that when any person loses weight rapidly, (faster than 1-2 pounds a week) normally the weight loss is mostly due to water loss.
  • Biomisty
    Biomisty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    And that is different to most diets.... How??? Some of these people were 28 with sever health problems. So for me if the show saved one life its worth all the morons out there killing themselves with working to hard than killing themselves eating. I'm sorry but of all the reality shows it to me is the best.
  • diamonds50
    diamonds50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WELL I'VE JUST START THE MY FITNESS PAL..AND I'VE THINK I'M GOING TO LOVE THIS DEIT..I'VE HAVE TRY ALL KIND OF DEIT DID NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT.WITH THE FITNESS I'LL BE ABLE TO ACVIE MY GOAL AND LOST MY WEIGHT BYE SPRING TIME..LOOK GOOD FOR TH SUMMER I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    St. Pierre's fighting weight is about 220#
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was wondering after losing all that weight, what they did with the extra skin on their stomach?:huh:
  • theresa029
    Options
    I was wondering after losing all that weight, what they did with the extra skin on their stomach?:huh:

others have to go under surgeries for their tummy tuck.. if they are really huge and they've lost a huge amount of weight.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser. It's so inspiring to me. I'm friends with one of the winners on FB, Patrick House . He is from my town. He is doing so much to help children and adults eat healthy and lose weight! AND he is still skinny. Runs marathons and competes in Tough Mudders. He's a great guy.

Patrick House is from Season 10 right? :)

Yes he is from season 10.