• GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My dog used to but we had to get her put down in November :(

I wish I had her back interrupting my workouts :(
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @3dogsrunning - i totally have the same view for floorwork (except in silver)!

i have a pretty regular partner for the downdog & up dog portions of my yoga workout (she also does a mean seated meditation pose, eyes closed & everything). naboo seems to think that the yoga mat is for her (a common misconception, i see) - i recently purchased a new mat, so i started laying out 2 - 1 for me and 1 for her. that seemed to help a bit.

my dog is my regular running partner, so last night when i opted to try the wii fit+ running thing (it was raining) she just looked at me like i was crazy, but kept a close eye on things, just in case i should try & slip out the front door without her!

dogs are funny.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have 4 small dogs that love to get in my face when I'm doing crunches or stretching...anything on the floor. Sometimes, I get to giggling so much that I have to stop my workout. Crazy mutts...but, I love 'em to death! :)
  • kelika71
    Options

Awwwwwwwww how sad!! :( I'm so sorry!!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a cocker spaniel who jumps on my back when I'm doing push ups or planks!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options

It was really hard :( I think only doggy people understand how bad it is to lose a pet....people without pets just think you're a bit crazy for being upset about it. She was 15, though, so she was an old lady and she was ill and in lots of pain so it would have been unfair to keep her suffering but it was still sad. :(
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I despise dogs; therefore, don't have one. I would suggest shutting her into another room while you do your workout. Or get a cat...it will just sit there & stare at you while plotting against you.
  • Roshams
    Options
    Hahaha, I feel your pain! Well, I guess my dog feels the pain, because I've kicked the poor thing in the head twice doing kenpo at home! Lmao
    I took her to day care today, so she was good and tired while I worked out. I usually try to atleast take her for a walk as my warm up, so shes not so crazy while I'm working out :)
  • kelika71
    Options

It was really hard :( I think only doggy people understand how bad it is to lose a pet....people without pets just think you're a bit crazy for being upset about it. She was 15, though, so she was an old lady and she was ill and in lots of pain so it would have been unfair to keep her suffering but it was still sad. :(

I totally get it! I don't have kids so my dogs are my life. My youngest one is having surgery next week and I'm nervous as if this were a child. Well, he is like a child...doesn't listen worth a darn! ;)
    I don't get the people that don't get it. How can ya not get attached them?!
    Again, so sorry for your loss!
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My boxer is convinced that is his playtime! And when I grab my yoga may to do some stretches!? He follows behind me ALL excited 'cause I am OBVIOUSLY grabbing the mat for him to lay down. I barely get it laid out and he is already stretched out on it. "Thanks Mom! How did you know I needed this!"

Silly dog.
    I also have a rottie and a german shephard that just leave the room the moment I walk out in any workout gear.

I have a very inquisitive and loving female boxer who does the same thing!! "Hi Mum, whatcha doin there? Can I help?? Here, let me lick your face and smooch you a bit!" :laugh:
  • Roshams
    Options
    This is what I see when I do crunches (taken from my camera phone)

089.jpg

He also licks my ears and tries to lift me up when I do pushups.

Bahahahahaha this is awesome!!
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just this morning our playful cat, Boo, attacked me twice while I was exercising. I was doing Day 1 of Level 3 of 30DS, so it's not like I haven't already been exercising for 20 days!

The first time I was in a plank doing the walking push up thingy (like I said, it was Day 1 on this level) and every time I moved my hand out he would lunge at it. I batted him away and thought he wandered off to find the other cat to terrorize.

Boy, was I wrong! He must have been intently watching (plotting) from a hidden area.

I was standing and moving my leg front to back (doing some other exercise I've never done before) over and over and then -BAM!- there he was. Latched onto my leg. This time he drew blood (just a little). Little creep. I yelled and he ran away.

Tomorrow he gets locked in another room while I work out!

My dogs just sit on the couch and stare at me, or sleep. :)
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    One of the cats loves to jump up on my stomach and "commando crawl" his way up to my chest when I bench press. I keep knocking him off, but he'll jump back up. Hopefully I don't drop the barbell on him. The rails will keep me from getting crushed, but not him!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Well at first they did, but after a week or so they got the hint that I wasn't getting on the floor to play and get kisses. If they are really up the butt I just kennel them up for an hour and give them tons of loves when I get done.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Hahaha, I feel your pain! Well, I guess my dog feels the pain, because I've kicked the poor thing in the head twice doing kenpo at home! Lmao
    I took her to day care today, so she was good and tired while I worked out. I usually try to atleast take her for a walk as my warm up, so shes not so crazy while I'm working out :)

I am so glad I'm not the only one guilty of having done this!! LOL Doing bicycle crunches, I'm like wth did I just hit??? I look and there's my dog looking at me like uhhh what'dya do that for?! Then, he comes and licks me in the face which gets me to laughing. Gotta love the unconditional love. :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Oh, so sorry. It is never easy but you are right.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

089.jpg

Bahahahahaha this is awesome!!

Thanks!
    And I just realized I wrote camera phone. LOL.
  • Jackdog89
    Jackdog89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

089.jpg

That's funny, I used to get the same thing when my dog was younger. Now that he's much older, he just comes over and lays his head on my chest while I'm bench pressing.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I usually work out at the gym but my Mom works out at home and when she is doing floor exercises, my Shiba will constantly walk over and tap her with a dainty, little paw to make sure she is "ok." :)
  • Mrsairforce
    Options

089.jpg

hahaha this exactly every time I work out at home.