Dog keeps interupting my work outs!

Options

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My dog is outside all the time, but my cat loves to be around while I'm exercising. I do some Kinet stuff and there's certain games that I can see her on-her shape anyway :)
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My dog used to but we had to get her put down in November :(

I wish I had her back interrupting my workouts :(

Awwwwwwwww how sad!! :( I'm so sorry!!

It was really hard :( I think only doggy people understand how bad it is to lose a pet....people without pets just think you're a bit crazy for being upset about it. She was 15, though, so she was an old lady and she was ill and in lots of pain so it would have been unfair to keep her suffering but it was still sad. :(

:cry: :brokenheart: :sad:
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Maybe our dogs are playing together in doggie heaven. We lost four dogs in 3 years... the last one this Thanksgiving (Lucky Boy on my ticker). Our new 10 month old pup is a small dog. We changed after losing all our BIG dogs. 175lb English Mastiff 11yo, 70lb mixed lab 7yo, 75lb mixed lab14yo, 80lb lab 12yo. It was comical when I (all 5'3" of me) needed to carry the old labs up our 52 stairs to get into the car for chemo. We'd carry them up and down for walks too because two were old and arthritic.

I would trade the world to have all my big slobbering dogs in my face or in my way while I work out again. They were our babies. My real ones are full grown 25 & 18. The little one just jumps onto the bed or sofa and watches me after she gets in at least 5 full minutes of licking.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    nice to hear i'm not the only one with a crazy cat interrupting workouts! I've got a young cat- she's just over a year old. Very energetic, social and playful. When i'm doing my exercise (cardio kickboxing dvds) she's always either 1) laying on the floor, tummy up rolling around wanting me to pay attention to her and getting in my way 2) laying on the bed staring at me swatting at my punches or 3) when I'm on the floor licking my hands, winding through my arms.

So cute :o) I get irritated here and there but mostly love it!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    One of my dogs likes to sit her toosh right on the mat I work out on. I tell her to move her butt, and when she doesn't, I just make like I'm going to do the move with her there. She moves eventually.
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a 140+ pound great dane x english mastiff AND a kitty that likes to try and interrupt my work outs. The cat can be alittle easier to move out of the way....the dog however...not so much.

Hmmmm now that I think of it, maybe I should incorporate him into them....use him as weight. LOL

I have a 140 pound neopolitan mastiff too and she constantly likes to be right by my side when I'm trying to work out at home. Definitely makes it interesting! Thank goodness she's tough though b/c I've accidentally whompt her a few times, especially during zumba. Oops! :)
  • hewwokitty
    hewwokitty Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL this is pretty funny. I have three issues at home, yes three. My sweet older cat will go under me anytime I do push ups or planks. And when I do crunches everytime I put my head to the floor she headbuts me trying to rub on my face.
    My second cat is a spaz and tries to attack me when I do 30 DS. :ohwell:
    And my dog..well..he thinks it's fun to try to attack my heels while I'm on the treadmill. Did I mention he's a 55 lb pitbull? I have to shoo him out about 20 times in 30 minutes hehe.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, so funny my Jack Russel does that when doing RI30. Sits on me when trying to do crunchs and licks my face or chases me side to side when doing skaters. Should put him out but is when i get home so feel bad, is kinda funny.
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My chihuahua used to think I was playing when I start working out on the floor. I just pick him up, put him on the couch, tell him to stay...and then after one or two reps, I take a short break to pet and praise him. He knows now. Don't bother mommy when she's working out!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes I can't have him in the room when I'm working out. He thinks jumping jacks are a fun game and gets all excited and wild. Floor exercises are the worst though. I get wet kisses or he tries to lay on me. He's a pitbull and super muscular so he weighs a ton but he has an obsession with snuggling. I have to lock him out of the room and listen to him whine. Makes me feel bad, but I gotta workout! :)
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine is a cat but anytime I stretch she gets under me and flops over for me to rub on her
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the thread at all...

But it seems common sense to me.... lock him out of the room... problem solved.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    This is what I see when I do crunches (taken from my camera phone)

089.jpg

He also licks my ears and tries to lift me up when I do pushups.
    That's it! LOL I've tried to get that same pic but my phone is never close enough! Same look my dog gives me but with a tennis ball in her mouth. :laugh: My rat terrier just watches from the sofa.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I solved the 'problem' by giving my pup a baby floor mat toy thing that keeps him amused for most of the time. Now as soon as the jogger shoes go on he runs to the dining room to get his 'special' exercise equipment!!

Newest problem is he puts his toy on the treadmill and collects it when it goes off the back!!

I love having a friend to work out with!!!
  • Kehnj
    Kehnj Posts: 33
    Options
    Mine either lays on the bed and watches me go, or he gets down and lays right in the way. Crunches though, he finds the need to curl up beside or lay on his back and stare like: "I fail to see the point in this up and down motion, why not just do this?!" . xD Got to love them~
  • I'm. Sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are special along with any furbabies out there.
    My three cats love to watch me excercise. When I do leg excercises, they stretch out to show how far to go. Sometimes they play with my braids. The cats would lay on my stomach when I'm on my back doing the callanectics stomach excercises. I don't flop around so much when they are on me. It feels like I can do the excercises better or tell how much more does the back needs to be to the floor. Without them, I flop too much or not hold the pose correctly. They will jump on the desk and pull my hair, doing the barre exercises for a counts of 20 for each set. They would let go when I was done.
  • Katie3784
    Options
    I don't have a dog, but my two year old son likes to get in the way. He tries to walk between my legs when I'm doing squats and climb on me during planks and crunches. He thinks it is so damn funny, too.:laugh:
  • TEDtheWolf
    Options
    yeah my white shepherd mix does but I think its adorable. ^^
    She is a rescue and really loves to just cuddle. When I go and do my crunches and workouts on the floor she comes up to me and lays down right next to me and lays on her back like she is imitating me. When I do my marches and squats she sometimes walks around me or sits and watches.
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs and they love to join in my workouts haha!

My boxer just loves my exercise mat, as soon as I stand up to do some exercises off the mat, she curls up on it and goes to sleep, so that when I'm ready to do floor work again I have to wake her up and drag her off of it!!

My pug just likes to be involved in everything I do so as soon as I'm doing any plank stuff, mountain climbers etc he's up in my face licking me and pawing at me. To be honest it does make me giggle, and I always joke that my crunches are pretty much all 'weighted crunches' due to the pug on my chest haha!! I do feel bad if he gets a foot in his face while I'm doing bicycle crunches though - that's normally the point when he gets shut out in the garden fror the rest of my workout!!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options

089.jpg

LOL, times 5 that would be me. Have 4 GSD and a Rottweiler/GSD and they are with us in the house. They used to try plying with me as if I was a turtle while I was doing my workouts. Since they are allowed on sofa/chair they are residing there watching my every move :bigsmile:
    I also let them take part in my exercise: when it';s nice outside I train them (and myself) in agility or I take one of them for a walk/run. They are so much happier and fitter and so am I
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options

089.jpg

:laugh: This is good!!!!