Nervous to post, MY FIRST NSV!

Options
It's my most major NSV thus far!!!

In less than 8 months I brought my LDL (bad cholesterol) from 139...down to a wonderful 103!!! And my good cholesterol (HDL) is now 50!!!! Triglycerides are 80!!!

It's really awesome to see changes on the inside too!!

Replies

• p_barron
    Options
    Good Job
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    That is so great!
    Congrats!!!
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    What a fantastic thing!! Congrats on your better health!
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A very important achievement?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Very big indeed.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That is spectacular! My ldl is 130 right now, and my HDL only 33, so I'm looking to do something about it. I've increased my omega-3 intake--more fish, flax, etc. Plus lowered my red meat. Also added stanols in the form of Benecol chews. Hoping to see a difference. What did you do?
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I just found out I have high cholesterol and LDL, mine is 172! Any advice to get it down?? Congrats!
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful :) congrats!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous, that's fantastic! Sometimes we get so focused on our improvement on the outside, we forget the health benefits.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That is great progress!! Good for you! I am getting my lipid panel done for work in March and I can't wait to see how much improvement I've made. I get my labs done annually and for the last 2 years it just keeps getting better and better! If that's not proof that you're changing your life I don't know what is :)
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    this is big..........great numbers and congrats to you..............I will have my blood work again until April.............
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your are beautiful on the inside and out :flowerforyou:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    congrats, that's awesome
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    WOOOT WOOOT!!!
    GREAT job!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That's great! When I exercise regularly, my HDL is around 85. My total has never been under 200. 213 is the lowest, and that was this past spring. I want to lose weight, but keeping these number in check will absolutely keep me working out!! Awesome!!!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Been working to get mine down and swap my levels. Getting my testing done again on the 24th. Hoping I get good news like yours!!!

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, why were you nervous to post? We don't bite. :wink:
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That is great... it's really great to see that the changes will increase your life span and your health.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Spectacular! Congratulations!
  • scadoodles
    scadoodles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That is spectacular! My ldl is 130 right now, and my HDL only 33, so I'm looking to do something about it. I've increased my omega-3 intake--more fish, flax, etc. Plus lowered my red meat. Also added stanols in the form of Benecol chews. Hoping to see a difference. What did you do?

I started with adding in exercise, I work out 3-4x a week doing cardio each time and strength training 2-3x week. I have also enjoyed participating in bootcamp program once last summer. Taught me some good basic principals. I also take daily vitamins with omega-3's now. I have SERIOUSLY cut my red meat consumption from pretty much daily to 2-3x a week. I used to NEVER eat fish and now I eat it once a week also (although i'd like to eat more, i am leery of eating fish in west texas LOL) I have lost some weight (20lbs) and that has helped too! I have a HUGE and very SCARY family history of heart disease so I need to be really careful. I did this all completely naturally and have NOT taken any cholesterol medications or diet pills.

:) Ya'll can feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Thats fantastic - Good on your for posting your sucess :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!