BIO nerds

Options
Lol, I have no idea what to post here. I just signed up and apparently people do better when they connect with people on these sites. Anyway, if you like to talk science (anything but chemistry) we should chat :D

Replies

• suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i like science, nursing student here. feel free to add me if you are looking for some friends.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Biochemist and medical device auditor here.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    haha...yup..people do do a lot better with support on here. I started MFP about a month or so ago and the first two weeks I did it all alone, no friends, mostly from my phone. I was kind of slowing down on it when I started to post, and it's been AMAZING meeting new people and feeling all the support. It's seriously overwhelming sometimes how much people care. Definitely try to add friends...post on boards, fill out your profile, etc...it's totally worth it. I'm a bit of a science nerd (no chem OR physcis ickk)...but yeah, bio i loveee...I was a bio major!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Oh you just missed a great thread on science vs religion :laugh:
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would love to talk about some primate morphology ;)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't a clone of me? I love science on all scales but chemical. Cellular is great, atomic is great, chemical is BLEH. :flowerforyou:

Oh, obviously a science nerd. My profile pictures are full of my microscopy.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    <
    major bio nerd.

Hi!

Specializing in brains.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I still read Scientific American .... does that count? :)
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was a biology and chemistry nerd before I had kids. I used to tutor lower division biology courses, organic chemistry, and genetics. I wrote science content for an online textbook company. Now...well, not so much, but I still love the sciences.:)
  • shotallican
    Options
    :P lol scientific american so counts. That site is a pretty fantastic one to look at when youre killing time.
  • shotallican
    Options
    Oh my thor. Science vs religion? That seems like it would be terrible to talk about online, you just end up getting into an e-fight that makes you look like youre 13. I love your tracker cgwatson, Im watching the Out of Gas episode right now lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have no idea what to post here. I just signed up and apparently people do better when they connect with people on these sites. Anyway, if you like to talk science (anything but chemistry) we should chat :D

<-- has master's in math and working on Ph.D. in ecology-related field. Would love to talk science with you!

Welcome!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Oh my thor. Science vs religion? That seems like it would be terrible to talk about online, you just end up getting into an e-fight that makes you look like youre 13. I love your tracker cgwatson, Im watching the Out of Gas episode right now lol

That episode made me cry! I just watched it a couple days ago.
  • MarieTherese85
    Options
    Hey! I majored in Bio and even though my current job has nothing to do with my major, I still am at heart a science nerd :)
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    science rocks :) especially biochemistry...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Environmental Biologist here!!! (Well, studying environmental biology anyway.) Feel free to add me!
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    LOVE science! Working on a PhD. in Neuroscience here!:)
  • shotallican
    Options
    Biochemistry is terrible, and possibly the bane of my existence at this moment. Genetics would win if the two had to duke it out. I haven't gotten to the brain in anatomy class yet, it'll be interesting to see how he tries to shove it into three weeks. Yall are awesome by the way, it gets hard when you don't have many friends interested in science to get excited about it with.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    LOVE science! Working on a PhD. in Neuroscience here!:)

Wooohoooo! Neuroscience. Go brains!
  • DarthNox
    Options
    I'm studying mortuary science, does that count? ;)

In all honesty, love science. If it were practical for me to go for ANOTHER 4+ years of school after I'm done and get some sort of science-related job, I would. However, mortuary sciences seems more practical to me -- there's always work.. :)