GREEK YOGURT! (My favorite ways to eat it)

Options
13»

Replies

• SandyMilton
    Options
    Tastes good with a scoop of protein powder mixed in! or Fiber one cereal and blueberries.

This is what I do - vanilla protein powder with greek yogurt is kind of like eating a thick and creamy cheesecake pudding :) nom nom nom nom
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I tried mixing in a tablespoon of peanut butter, or PB2, like someone on here suggested, with a packet of Splenda. SO GOOD! Tastes like a dessert to me. YUM!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    bump
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to run to the grocery store on my lunch hour and buy some GREEK YOGURT!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yep, my fav way is definitely with a spoon.

Perfect for:
    protein shakes
    breakfast parfait
    great in a lot of different veggie dips
    all kinds of endless dessert options

Make this one last night for dessert: plain greek yogurt + smashed up banana + 1 tbs Nutella all mised put and put in the freezer for ~ 45 minutes. Gets me all excited just thinking about it!
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt has become a staple for me.

Hollandaise sauce for eggs benedict or over veggies like asparagus
    I dont really have a recipe. Sometimes I make it for 1 and sometimes for 4, but generally:

1/2 cup non fat plain Greek Yogurt in a double boiler (Metal bowl over pot of simmering water)
    Add juice form half a lemon
    Dash salt
    1-2 TBS of butter (I usually leave the butter out. Keep in mind "real" hollandaise has 1-2 sticks of butter and 4-6 egg yolks)
    1 egg yolk (I usually leave the egg yolk out too. Add it last and take it off the heat to stir it in or you may scramble the egg)
    Dash of cayenne. This heat makes up for the fact this is not as luxurious as the real deal.

Greek Tzeke sauce (I need to look up spelling) The sauce on Gyros etc.
    One container non fat plain Greek Yogurt
    add finely diced cucumber (remove seeds)
    salt
    Dill paste
    Lemon juice

Good on potato
    Good on salad
    Good on Gyros
    Much better tasting and much much better for you than sour cream or salad dressing
  • jktjcca
    Options
    Definitely going to have to try this again, as the first time I did not care for it! Thanks for all the ideas!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My NEW guilty pleasure is Oikos FF Vanilla Greek Yogurt with 1 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips. I actually enjoy it more than my former favorite guilty pleasure of chocolate chip ice cream. I'm totally stealing some of the ideas on here!! Great topic!
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    I love it with honey and frozen raspberries (unsweetened kind) the best! Mmmm
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    To people on the fence re Greek Yogurt, try different brands.
    I like them all , but they are different.
    Oikos and Chobiana are much more different than say Dannon and Activa "regular" yogurt.
    I think Chobiana is thicker.
    I like Oikos for most recipes.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I was all for 0% Fage, until I tried the 2%. So much nicer and not much difference in nutritional content

However, I do tend to buy the supermarket's own brand more now to help costs
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Chobani is sooooooooooo good!