ScrewyChars-493205

Options
ScrewyChars-6850425

Replies

• v2embee
    v2embee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a sweet tooth, but I've found discovered plenty of ways around it -- it's just a matter of preparing it ahead of time so I don't take the easy route .. towards a vending machine. Try mashing up a banana, throwing in some dark chocolate chips, and freezing it. :)

I'll add you as a buddy, and hopefully we can both help each other resist sweet temptations (or at least manage the portions). :P
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    haha..than im your friend..my sweet tooth is my worst enemy and has controled my way of eating far to long
    definitly add me if you would like to
  • SherriLynnCase
    Options
    Sweets are one of my biggest downfalls. I buy those Fiber One "cereal bars".....90 calories. Sometimes (not too often) I will walk more so I can have a small slice of Red Velvet Cake =)
  • runmypretties
    runmypretties Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, one of my biggest problems is I LOOOVE chocolate/cakey/sweet things, I find if I try to cut it out totally I just end up with major cravings and I am afraid I will just buckle and eat a load of chocolate. What I do is save 100 cals and after I have had my dinner I have a spoon of choc spread - if I eat it slowly i get the sweet taste that I tend to crave after meals and its about 100 cals but its worth it to stop me craving all day and it gives me something to look forward to!
    In the day I try to eat a fair amount of 'sweet' fruit like pineapple/orange/grapes to give me a bit of sugar, it seems to be working so far - I have lost a stone last month (my goal is 1 1/2 to 2 stone in 2 months).
    Hope this helps!:happy:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my best friend/enemy............can't survive a day without some.......it's even on my MFP tracker! :heart:

Sue :smile: x
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would never go without chocolate for a month! lol! It's still about portion control. I like the little chocolate squares, or even Hershey's kisses. The trick is to grab only one and be happy to have that taste of chocolate. Do not, I repeat do NOT, eat the whole bag.. LOL.

Add as a friend if you like!
    -kathy
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I dont just have a sweet tooth, i have a sweet mouth! I love my sweets but things like cookies and tiramissu DROOOOOOOL
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6850868
  • m3g4nskyl3r
    Options
    Having a sweet tooth is my worst nightmare :cry:
    Add me...
  • Minto23
    Options
    Hey! I defo have a sweet tooth but am trying to cut back also but its hard! Defo need the support. Add me if you like x
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I WAS eating the whole bag which is how I got here. Now I'm back to budgeting it. It's going pretty good.

I pretty much allow myself to have a nutella toast per day and a few mini size chocolates per day. The nutella toast is good though because the bread fills you up. Some days I have one or the other. It depends on my allotment or my level of craving. Nothing more than that or I will be back to eating the entire bag. No need for that. I tell myself I CAN have it. I just need to remember it will still be there tomorrow.
  • Danhra
    Danhra Posts: 77
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth so add me if you like and we can support each other haha.

I like the idea about saving calories and eating a spoonful of chocolate icing to curb a craving... but I would be cautious about it too. In my experience, at least, if there is are sweets in the house I binge on them :/ I tried the icing thing before and couldn't stop at a spoonful; I ended up eating the entire container in one sitting. A couple weeks ago I thought it would be nice to get a box of ice cream sandwiches for a treat once in a while and the box was gone within 24 hours (a box of 24 sandwiches I might add). Having sweets in the house can be detrimental to me lol, so I tend to try and avoid buying them and just suffer through the cravings, since they are more powerful than my willpower as of yet :p
  • Ruthe314
    Ruthe314 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh boy!!!! If there's one thing I could change. Growing up Norwegian, you're taught that sugar accompanies all the normal highs and lows of life. I wish my folks had taught me to go for a run, instead of having a cookie when I was sad. It's a CONSTANT battle and I can't wait for the day when a run is always the 1st choice.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You had me at sweet!! I struggle with this, too. Let's help one another!
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    I definitely have a major sweet tooth just look at my diary! I'm really working on trying to cut back. Add me if you like.
  • malkb27
    Options
    I definitely empathize. Sweets are my downfall. Not so much chocolate, but anything else made with sugar..... Good luck! Add me if you'd like!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sweet tooth at work here too!
  • AngelAndi
    Options
    I have the worst sweet tooth unfortunately. It's get the best of me majority of the time as well. Good luck and add me if you'd like! We suffer from the same addiction. :( So good...but so bad.
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Maybe we need to start a group and share recipes!!
    OK, the BEST website!
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
    Great recipes, easy, healthy. I just made the deep dish cookie pie and fell in love.
    I also just made Jamie Eason's chocolate protein bars and they're pretty good too.
  • beccaloveyah
    Options
    lol i have a major sweet tooth im 14 and i weigh 160 pounds :embarassed: i cant stop eating wen i have food around meh