You find...

Options
13»

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I would not give it to the police but I would put an ad in the paper and call them to ask if they had anyone call. Usually ads like that are free. The person you turn it in to might not be so honest.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    With or without the kid's pic, I'd turn it in!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Turn it in!! Right is right!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    turn it in, no question...
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I would turn it in. The person might realize, "Oh shoot my wallet!" and go to the police station to find it...

Mistakes happen, but don't be the *kitten* who says, "Well, you shouldnt have left it there. Ha ha!"

To some people $500 means putting food on the table. Shame on anyone who would take money knowing the person who it belonged to is going to suffer. Just because you don't see the person weeping, doesn't mean they aren't. <-<

ps: The pictures are irrelevant.

The reason I put the part in about the pictures... because some think twice when they see pictures, knowing the guy had kids.. Sooo its very relevent. Maybe not to you. To some yes.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Turn it in. I teach my kids to be honest and do the right thing, and if I wasn't following the same path, I couldn't look them in the face.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    my wallet has been stolen and there is nothing worse than the feeling of someone else having YOUR stuff, especially pictures of your kids!....i would turn it in.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I would turn it in. The person might realize, "Oh shoot my wallet!" and go to the police station to find it...

Mistakes happen, but don't be the *kitten* who says, "Well, you shouldnt have left it there. Ha ha!"

To some people $500 means putting food on the table. Shame on anyone who would take money knowing the person who it belonged to is going to suffer. Just because you don't see the person weeping, doesn't mean they aren't. <-<

ps: The pictures are irrelevant.

The reason I put the part in about the pictures... because some think twice when they see pictures, knowing the guy had kids.. Sooo its very relevent. Maybe not to you. To some yes.

I edited it before the quote to say that...just look up to find my original post :P I think it is shameful that someone would find it acceptable to take a strangers wallet, independent of whether there was a photo of cute kids.

ps: Just curious why this question OP? Is it simply hypothetical, and if so, why are you curious what other people would do? Again, just curious :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'd turn it in. *Most* police stations have you leave your name and number, and if the money goes unclaimed after so long, you will get a call and get to keep it. At least that's been my experience in the past.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'd turn it in. When I was younger and working for a grocery store, I was gathering up shopping carts form outside and one of them had a zip up money bag in it, full of cash. I turned it in. Come to find out it was for a lady who was supposed to deposit it for her business and was paranoid about leaving it in her car. So she put it in the seat portion of the shopping cart while she shopped and ended up leaving it in the cart when she put her groceries in her car.