Is this your year to hit the big 30?

Options
I'll be 30 next month. I know there has to be others out there dreading that number!

My 20's were spent having kids and doing the wife/mom gig. Of course, I'll still be that but focusing on myself a lot more. I refuse to go into my 30's fat and miserable!

Let's do this together!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'll be 29 this summer.....but honestly, I am looking forward to my 30's. I'm kind of like Jennifer Garner in that movie (can't remember the title!). I think my 30's will be FABULOUS :)
    But I agree - let's not be fat & miserable. Being awesome sounds way better!!!
  • chrissiij
    chrissiij Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hit 30 last year and as the moment of my birth approached, I held my breat and.............nothing changed! I love being in my 30s - am a lot more confident. I believe that you gain brilliance as you get older - in your 20s you are pretty, in your 30s you gain beauty and then from 40s+ you gain elegance. :)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I'll be 30 ten days before Christmas and I'm so dreading it!! >.<
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, my 30's were the BEST ever! Don't dread it, roll with it! Sure beats the alternative!
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm hitting 30 in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it, I'm done with my 20s. Alot of valuable life lessons but ready to move on. It doesn't seem so bad, well not like it did when I was 15-16 years old. LOL! I'm working on getting myself fit and healthy so that I can have children and pass on a good healthy lifestyle to them :)
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 30 in July, and I can honestly say, I'm not scared at all! My reason is this: this is MY decade! I wasted a lot of my 20s being overweight and miserable. There were good times - I got married in 2002, had a baby boy in 2009... but I has so many physical restrictions by allowing myself to be overweight and unhealthy. And I'm changing that now. It is a slow process, but you know what? THAT'S OK! I'm about to turn 30 - I may have wasted my 20s, but I'm not wasting my 30s! This is a new beginning - a fresh start. 30 is going to mark the new me! Every July I get another year older, so why should this be different? Because we are socially taught that it is a turning point in life! Well, it IS a turning point - for me and my health. I'm just another year older and the number means nothing. But I decided to attach a meaning of my own - HEALTH! I'm going to do all the things in my 30s that I could not do in my 20s! Yay 30!!

Feel free to add me if you want friends to support you!! :bigsmile:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    <
    I am 25 y.o. That is my story and I am sticking to it until my 19 y.o. nephew turns 25 y.o. then I will magically become 28 y.o. LOL Welcome to your THRILLING THIRTIES LADIES...LOL
  • Okieace
    Options
    I turn 30 in July. Not dreading it to much, but there are times I'm like "Wow, I'm getting old" and "Where did the last decade go?". I spent (wasted?) my 20's on my career. I just got married a couple of months ago and I plan on spending my 30's focused on family and enjoying life! :-)
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 next month too and I feel the same way - focused on the work, mom/wife, daughter thing in my 20s and lost sight of myself in the process. My goal for my 30s is to take better care of myself so that I can be a better mom and wife, and have fun while doing it.
  • drellbell
    Options
    I will be 30 in May 2012, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know that my 20ties were also spent being a mom and a wife, I am still a mom, but have been divorced for a few months now and ready to get my life back. I will be in a bikini this summer, which I have never been before and I want to be happy with myself and healthy for my children when I hit my 30rties
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in June and don't look forward to it! I've spent the past 10 years or so wishing for 2 things. A loving man and a family of my own. Neither of which has happened. I recently realized I'll never find it if I don't work on my self first. But still it makes me feel old and wonder if it will ever happen :( I fear by the time I have kids of my own I'll be to old to enjoy it if that makes sense? lol but no your not alone and I'm glad I'm not either :)
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 last month, and it was a pretty big deal for me! I'm still getting used to thinking of myself as a thirtysomething and coming to terms with the fact that my twenties are gone forever. It makes me sad because time passes SO quickly! I tend to dwell on things, though. lol But, I am very happy with who I am and where I am in life (married, no kids by choice, job I love, etc.) so maybe 30 isn't quite so bad! :wink:
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in April! One part of me is dreading it, it's hard to say good by to the 20's as so much (good and bad) has happened within the decade.

Honestly, making this commitment to take better care of my body and making so many other postive changes in my life makes it so much easier for me to embrace my new 30's chapter that is just around the corner.

Cheers to the '82 babies :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • tonyat483
    tonyat483 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 next year. But that has sort of been my motivation for really being serious about getting the weight off. I know that this is probably a really dumb goal, but I want to be able to wear a sparkly party dress for my 30th celebration! I have a lot to lose and even though 30 is a little over a year away, that's what I'm working towards. And I just don't want to be overweight after that point. I also just got married a little over a year ago, and I know the next step is having a baby in a couple years. I just don't want to be overweight when I get pregnant, because I know that can cause additional health risks.
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    So cool to see so many '82 babies here!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    This is my year to hit the big 5-0...only wish I was 30 again!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 ten days before Christmas and I'm so dreading it!! >.<

My B-Day is also Dec 15th! And this year I will be 45. Don't dread it. The years just keep getting better and better for me. I can only imagine what 60 will be like!! :bigsmile:
  • BecciJG
    BecciJG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Im 30 in October and im not overly happy about it! Its just come round too quick for my liking, it doesnt seem long ago i was 21! Although, the last few years of my 20's have been very tough so i should be glad to start a new chapter in my 30's. My 20's were spent getting married and having babies and alot of stressful times, Ive never really had the fun I should have had(not that getting married n having babies isnt fun, but you kow what i mean) so hopefully turning 30 will be a good thing . And I wanna look good for it too =)
  • suedibny82
    Options
    I turn 30 on March 19th and I REALLY dread it! I feel super old. lol
    It's been the motivation I need to start turning my life around though!
    I wasted my 20's and I do NOT want to waste my 30's!!!
    I am a Mom of 3 and a wife, the women in my family die in their mid-50's from cancer, diabetes, heart disease... I won't do that to my children. Now is the time to make a change!!!
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I turn 30 on March 19th and I REALLY dread it! I feel super old. lol
    It's been the motivation I need to start turning my life around though!
    I wasted my 20's and I do NOT want to waste my 30's!!!
    I am a Mom of 3 and a wife, the women in my family die in their mid-50's from cancer, diabetes, heart disease... I won't do that to my children. Now is the time to make a change!!!

Mine is March 20th!