What non-food rewards do you give yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Brighton bracelet and bead when I lost my first 5 pounds. I get a new bead every 5 pounds I lose. This way I can watch my bracelet grow while I become healthier and can wear it the days I need extra encouragement.
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Message- even if scales don't shift I know I'm trying and sticking with it..l
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When I weight 130 lbs...I'm going to go shopping for new pants. Until then...I'm just going to use a belt lol.
  • phillips9366
    phillips9366 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A cold beer, but I'm a guy!

13114540.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Cute lacey thongs.
    Workout clothes from Lucy and Lululemon.
    Books about running.
    New running shoes.
    Regular clothes.
    Sexy lingerie.

All the above, in that order :)
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I will exchange every 8 pounds for a pedi. That is about 1 a month. Happy toes for goal met! Sad toes to work harder. I love the boxing up sizes idea.
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Brighton bracelet and bead when I lost my first 5 pounds. I get a new bead every 5 pounds I lose. This way I can watch my bracelet grow while I become healthier and can wear it the days I need extra encouragement.

Oohh I love this idea!!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I never had mini-goal rewards until I got down to the final 10 lbs. They are definitely motivation for me because the scale is moving so... so.. sloooooooooooooowly!

133lbs - Mani/Pedi (Desperately needed right now!)

131lbs - New Jeans & New Pair of sandals (Also desperately needed)

129lbs - Workout class with Richard Simmons and new Workout Outfit (Yes, I love Richard!)

127lbs - Movie date at the awesome 'Gold Class Cinema' in Pasadena. Google it!

125lbs - New Bikini

123lbs - New Dress and Heels
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    50lbs lost - fitbit (yeah, I love it so glad that I got it as a good motivator)
    100lbs lost - iPad 3
    150lbs lost - I haven't decided yet, maybe a new tattoo
    Goal - New wardrobe (which will mainly consist of jeans and new Twins shirts but I can't wait!)

I do little goals for motivation too. I bought new fancy gym shoes to bribe myself into doing that. And today i bought a new Twins shirt that is 1 size smaller than what I normally buy. So I am going to hang it on a hanger by my scale and try it on every month till I can wear it.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal last February. As an "anniversary treat" to myself, I switched to a better gym! It's a bit more expensive, but the perks alone were worth it!

As I was losing my weight, I was rewarding myself with new clothes. I decided to do an overhaul and make my wardrobe more mature anyway, so I didn't have any problems saying goodbye to all the other stuff in my wardrobe along the way.
    Every time I lost 5 lbs, I'd also treat myself to a manicure/pedicure

Now my goal is to shape my badonk. Once it gets to where I'd like it to be, I'm going to buy some black Lululemon leggings.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    My rewards vary on what I want or need. If I've done good all week, I'll reward myself with a CD or a book I've been wanting to read, or even something as simple as new supplies since I draw and make jewelry. I don't need something big, the excitement of something new to use or do whatever with is enough momentum to go for the next goal. Like this week, since I lost more than I thought I would, I went to a concert last night that I had been wanting to attend. I think little rewards or even big ones for certain milestones are a great way to encourage yourself to keep it up.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I give myself lingerie. Nothing makes you feel better, sexier, and happy to be losing than some pretty matching under things.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I reward myself every week for sticking with the program (working out)-a massage, mani, pedi, haircut, article of clothing, shoes, makeup or nail polish, facial, spray tan, book/app/music, and then bigger things like a vacation.
    I try to buy things on groupon/living social/urban dealight, and that keeps it manageable.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to figure out what it was that would motivate me enough to push thru 100 pounds and be worthy of my accomplishment. I even found I was not working as hard as I could for a while til I found out what that was. Now that I have figured out what it is, I am working super hard, I am going to get a quality German Shepherd puppy. I train and handle search and rescue and cadaver dogs (20 years), I will be ready for a new partner and the getting ready will be a part of the journey. I am not allowing myself to talk to the breeder for a few more pounds, the litter I want my pup from won't be bred until October, so that will give me more time to lose the weight. I have chosen a name and keep it written on my wrist to remember what I am working for. It will also give me time to save the $$$ for her.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Oh, what a great idea! Then even after you're at goal it can be a reminder of what you accomplished--and that you don't want to throw that accomplishment away!
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For every pound I lose I put a dollar in a jar on my nightstand. As I hit my goals I will use that money to either have a spa day or for tickets to something I really want to see or do. I am hoping by summer to have enough to go to another NKOTB concert if they tour again this summer. (Yes I am still a fan after all these years) Otherwise I will use it for a weekend getaway with the girls.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, cute clothes, lingerie, pedicures, etc.
    But when I recently reached a pushups milestone, I got a new water bottle. It has a picture of Bruce Lee on it and says "Be water, my friend." Totally frivolous, and now it's more fun to drink my water. :-)
  • monharri
    Options
    I'm going to a fancy smanshy sauna establishment in March after my fifth weigh in. It supposedly has cold and warm pools, steaming rooms, regular and nude saunas, massages, body scrubs, and a slew of other things. I'm really looking forward to going! I used to always reward myself with food in the past and I'm trying to break this habit for the new year. Thanks for posting this thread! Rewards rock! I can't wait to relax.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There's a saying that I always remind myself with "Why reward yourself with food? You're not a dog!"

182 - For my 10 pounds down I got a new sport bra and yoga pants
    177 - For my 15 pounds down, I'm getting my hair done (new cut, colour, highlights, the WHOLE KIT!) tomorrow.
    172 - For my 20 pounds down, I'm thinking of trying that pedicure/manicure stuff people are talking about, I never did that...
    167 - For my 25 pounds down, A new laptop (I so need it right now damnit!)
    162 - For my 30 pounds down, A HRM
    157 - For my 35 pounds down, Poutine! I know, it's fast food and bad but I'm dreaming of it and I want to fight my envy until I get half way to my goal. :)

Who knows for the rest!