How am I going to eat all my calories?!

Options
2»

Replies

• valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I seldom eat my exercize calories. But I do make sure to consume at least 1200 of my required 1320. And most of the time, my breakfast comes in at 325 to 350 calories.
    One good snack for getting in calories but still being good to your heart is nuts. I keep almonds, walnuts or pistacios around - it helps.
    DO you find that not eating your exercise calories works? I've heard so many things about"eat all of your exercise calories"???
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Do you find that not eating your exercise calories works? I've just heard so many things about "eat all of your exercise calories"??
    I do not eat them and have had no issues no plateaus...if im hungry i eat but i havent had to dip into the excess calories....i try to eat very filling things like lentils ,hummus,fage and I stay away from bread,rice,pasta..I do workout 2hrs daily..
  • llmgold11
    llmgold11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So let me start by saying I am definitely not starving myself or making myself sick. I have just eaten very healthy.

Both my breakfast and lunch are under 400 calories a piece. Egg Beaters-1 slice of ham-1 pinch of mozz cheese, and tomato for breakfast with an 8oz serving of Diet Cran-grape. Lunch was a salad with 1/4 cheese-2tsp of dressing-cherry tomatos and a pouch of tuna. I have 1700 calories left to eat for the day!!! WTF?? I can't eat that much and dinner is going to be homemade chili--bison-reduced sodium tomato soup-chili powder and 1 can bush's baking beans, but that's for the entire family receipe. If I eat 1/2 a bowl I'm doing good.

I'm afraid of sending my body into starvation mode, but thanks to Spin this morning and a 30 minute run I have planned for later (I'm training for my 1st 5k next month) I just might do that. OH and to top it all off I had to pick up a part time job where I am constantly at a 2.5 pace. So on the days that I work both jobs I'm burning a TON of calories and I don't eat anywhere NEAR all that....

Any suggestions? :grumble:
    I suggest really looking int what starvation mode is..it does NOT set in that easily....play with the excess calories a bit dont force the food if you are really not hungry your menu seams high in sodium that may be the reason you cant get in much food.

I'm staying close to my 2,500 according to my tracker. Who knows. Blah
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do you find that not eating your exercise calories works? I've just heard so many things about "eat all of your exercise calories"??
    I do not eat them and have had no issues no plateaus...if im hungry i eat but i havent had to dip into the excess calories....i try to eat very filling things like lentils ,hummus,fage and I stay away from bread,rice,pasta..I do workout 2hrs daily..
    That's good to know. My weight loss is not moving as quickly as I would like and I have been eating my exercise calories, maybe I'll try cutting them down or out??
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    most people dont realize 2500 is daily max for sodium...shoot closer to the minimum which is 1500mg.....remember MFP is just a guide ..you may want to look at the daily MAX and MIN for things and read up about them
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it has been debated ad nauseam on these boards (and it sounds like here it goes again), but eating the exercise calories is recommended and proven to work. you can starve yourself into weight loss, or you can achieve it at a pace that will produce long lasting results. the more harshly you force your body to let go of the weight, the more aggressively it will try to get it back. the yo-yo effect.

slow and steady works. ask TamTastic. (133 lbs lost)

that is all.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    That's good to know. My weight loss is not moving as quickly as I would like and I have been eating my exercise calories, maybe I'll try cutting them down or out??
    Eating half of them is what many on here do you may want to try that and see how it works.....play with them a bit....nothing is set in stone and MFP is only a guide...good luck in your journey
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If you can do so without triggering a bad eating habit reward yourself with a candy bar!