HELP - I Just Had All My Teeth Pulled

Options
13»

Replies

• ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Later this summer my daughter will be having jaw surgery. She has not been able to chew in years because she cannot chew. She also found if she cut foods up small like you do for a toddler who doesnt have many teeth she could use her tongue and the roof of her mouth for soft foods. She has even cut up tender steak and chicken small enough that if she swallowed it their would not be much of a problem.

After her jaw is wired shut for surgery I will be on an all liquid diet for as long as she does. My heart goes out to you and I hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy your favorite meal soon.

Thanks for posting this topic. I appreciate all of the great suggestions and will be utilizing them this summer.
  • drummergirl61
    drummergirl61 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds good. I do the same thing with Ricotta Cheese. Sometimes I put powdered cocoa, vanilla and splenda together with the ricotta cheese. I'll have to try it your way for something different. :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many replies in such a short time:) Thank you to all of you! So many great ideas. Two years ago I was diagnosed with throat cancer and went thru 30 radiation treatments. About 6 months after, my teeth started to decay and finally reached the point of no return. So here I am today. I am cancer free :) I'm sure the cancer came from smoking...if your a smoker I hope this helps to inspire you to quit. Thanks again! I need to go back and re-read everything and make a menu.

Oh wow, you poor dear! Good luck w/ everything! :flowerforyou:
  • sjh2013
    Options
    Tofu and spinach soup.
    Orange juice.
    Oatmeal.
    Noodle soup. Cut the noodle into short pieces. Add some minced pork meat.
    Steamed egg with green onion and sesame oil.