What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym

Options

Replies

• JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This is completely unrelated, but I just want to say how excited I am for the weather to turn, for it to be warm and sunny again so I can go walking and exploring outside!!!
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    People who set their big gym bags on the treadmill beside them. It's so rude.

I do this.....not sure why it's rude as it is in nobodys way.
  • crawpapa
    Options
    Mine is the people, mostly guys, who carry a gallon of water around the gym. There is no way they are going to drink all that water, and why is a water bottle not enough? It seems more of a fashion statement than anything else.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Here are mine:

1. For heaven's sake, you can read. Follow the instructions. Wipe the machines.
    2. Please leave your poor young child with a baby sitter. You can't focus on your work out if you're supervising him/her. I just don't think it's safe to let him/her run around a gym where people are lifting heavy objects. You deserve the break. Let someone else take care of the kid for two hours.
    3. Deodorant is your friend. Use it.
    4. Perfume is great, and I think yours smells lovely. However, you bought the good kind and that means it has a very rich, powerful odor. Use a dab, not the bottle.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I think the original poster meant not on your treadmill, but on the next one over. I've seen people that workout on one treadmill and leave their bag on another treadmill as if they were saving it for someone. Fine, if your friend is in the potty and is right there. Not cool if you save a treadmill for no one for more than 15 min. There are other people at the gym.
  • sdminor11
    Options
    This happened to me, except for he still wont leave me alone, even when he sees me walk in the gym with my boyfriend he still makes it a point to interrupt me when i clearly do not want to be bothered.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    my pet peeve is people complaining about sweaty bodies! my gosh people it is just water for gosh sakes!!!
  • crawpapa
    Options

I think the original poster meant not on your treadmill, but on the next one over. I've seen people that workout on one treadmill and leave their bag on another treadmill as if they were saving it for someone. Fine, if your friend is in the potty and is right there. Not cool if you save a treadmill for no one for more than 15 min. There are other people at the gym.

thanks....misread...set mine on the floor right next to the treadmill that I'm currently on....yes, those kind of people should be tripped while on the treadmill.
  • scottyroman
    scottyroman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    next time you should let them know cause they probably thought doing what they want is ok and that its not rude .ive had that happen alot in the circit room at my gym if they are not doing it in some sort of order i let um know and they usually say they didnt know how the room works and i havent ever had a bad responce either. so i think you should definitly let them know.
  • scottyroman
    scottyroman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    the biggest think i hate at the gym is people doing everything but not working out ! usually on there i phones playing or texting they can do all the talk text and game playing outside!
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When people get on the machine right next to you even though there is an entire row of machines available. I also hate it when people wear a ton of cologne/perfume and/or no deodorant.

This too! Must be 20 treadmills with only 5 in use, and you choose to climb up next to me? Prepare to get sweat slung in your direction!:laugh:

Guilty! But I have a good reason....I work out at our YMCA, and we really don't have that many machines, and they are all different! So, unfortunately, I don't like change, so if you're next to the machine I'm used to, I'm gonna be your neighbor, lol. If there is another one that I'm comfortable on that is further down, I'll choose that one though. :)
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh so that was you then?? : I work out at the YMCA, too. :smile:
  • monharri
    Options
    folks who don't wipe down the equipment afterwards which is our gym's policy
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Guys who use the ONLY squat rack to do bicep curls with the barbell. C'mon, man, there are plenty of dubmbells and pre-set barbells out on the floor, and this is the only place I can squat!

The lady who does "dynamic stretching" on her way from machine to machine. I've nearly been hit/kicked a number of times!

Yes, I am guilty of the makeup thing. I work out on my lunch break. Sorry.
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Props to you for being in league with the young single girls after you've been married for a while with two kids! What that trainer did shows that he's a jerk - but it also shows that you still got it!!
    The in- house personal trainer who was all flirty and complimentary etc, then asked me if I was single.
    When I said "no I'm happily married with 2 teenage boys" - he basically lost interest, ran away, and has never been helpful since.

But is is VERY helpful to all the single ladies - lol.

At least there are still some normal trainers there...he just makes me feel awkward now!!
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down equipment after sweating all over it.
    And farting.... Nothing worse than breathing in a fart when the guy on the treadmill next to you let's one rip! The dingy gym air just makes them linger foreverrrrrrr lol.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    Guys (not being sexist, but it's ALWAYS guys who do this) who rack up a ton of weights on something, do one set and move on to another exercise without removing their weights. When you say something to them, it's all "oh, I'm gonna do another set in a bit". Well, nice for you but I'd like to use that NOW.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ppl who pass gas OMG lol

That used to be me running on the treadmill I had to cut out so many veggies I love those cucumbers. I had to quit eating them I think they were getting ready to kick me out.

And or two ladies on cardio equipment going very slowly chatting at each other for 45 minutes while im waiting
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Woops double post which I could delete it