Eggs

Options
2»

Replies

• kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey! In the mornings I use 3/4 a cup of Egg Beaters and once cooked I add Jalapeno salsa, a little sharp cheddar cheese, and some diced tomato- it's pretty yummy! :)

That sounds yummy!!! :smile:
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of eggs, so I just add a little salsa or low-sodium seasoned salt and it masks the taste quite a bit. Also try adding egg whites, if it's the yolk you don't like the whites aren't as bad, and they are better for you (less salt)
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    egg yolks gross me out!! i can't even stand the smell of them cooking. BUT, i do like egg whites. so, i just make egg white "omelets" . they usually fall apart and don't stay in an omelet shape, but still taste the same. you can throw them on some low cal/ low sugar bread and make your own breakfast sandwich.

eggs whites are the main reason i got chickens to raise for myself. i hate paying for just plain egg whites, and organic eggs are expensive if you're only use the whites. so, now i have hens that lay and i can use as many whites as i want and i don't feel so bad about tossing the yolk!!
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think if you dont like something, dont force it. Find an alternative. I have a chicken farm and know exactly what goes into and out of my chickens. I HATE eggs. I am working on alternative protein sources. But you should not force yourself to eat something because people say it is healthy.

Also on the sodium count problem with ham/bacon try to find a local butcher shop. The one I go to uses less sodium, no chemicals, not additives, no preservatives.