Personal trainer wanting to help:)

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi!! You're so kind to answer all these questions....

I'm eating 1200 calories a day (I try to, but end up in 1300-1400 most days, I figure it's ok if I was over, because my BMR is in the 1400 and my TDEE is 1700 so I'm still getting a deficit.). I should say I'm 5'2 and weight 139 lbs and goal weight is 116 - 118.
    I'm extremely lazy, so most of my overweight is because I'm PURE fat and no muscle xD.

Well... to the point... I'm dancing 1 hour 3 or 4 times a week (just dance 2 for wii,kind of like aerobics if you don't know the game) for my work outs, and I've been wanting to do the 30 day shred of Jillian M.
    My question is: Is it okay to mixed the cardio and the strength training when you are not close to your goal weight? or should I sticjk to cardio first and then add strength training?

I guess it's okay to do it now but when I saw your topic I thought it would be a good idea to confirm my guessing =)

Thanks!!!

Strength training and cardio should both be in your workout plan no matter if its your 1st day exercising or your 50th year with fitness.

Great, thank you so much =)
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BUMP To keep this thread alive!!! :love: :love:
  • determinedsocialworker
    determinedsocialworker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey Nate..thanks so much for putting yourself out there like this.. my question is re. any kind of vitamin/supplements I should be taking. I'm garbage at taking any kind of pills, but I figure I should be. I'm 34, no real health issues other than the whole being overweight bit... I should probably be taking a multivitamin, but what else do you think? Like, Omega 3, calcium, etc? I know there are a million options out there, but wondering if there is some basic combo that someone my age/gender/activity level etc should take. I do strength 2x per week, cardio 3x and now doing yoga 1-2 x per week. I eat okay (this weekend not included), but always have an issue with getting enough vegetables in, and the only milk I drink is almond milk. Just curious what your thoughts are.. thx.
  • tanyaleblanc
    Options
    Thanks so much, dumb question, whats a V-up.

Its a great variation to a crunch. If you sit down like you would for a crunch, you lift your legs and at the same time bring your torso up like you're trying to touch your toes.... you won't be able to but its a good visual to have. Make sure you keep your BACK STRAIGHT, thats why v-ups ar so much safer than a sit-up/crunch which puts your spine into flexion repeatedly and can cause lower back problems over time.

Tks, I do those on p90x,