Does it bother you when people take your food?

Options
Like, they just take some off your plate and eat it?
Personally, I'm VERY stingy and hate it. If someone does it, I openly tell them not to/to stop. let's face it, it's on MY plate for a reason.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    haha one bite in the beginning i dont care if they ask. but if its the last bite hell no! and people should ask first!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    they know they would be leaving with a stub if they tried it on my plate lol
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Unless asking was involved and a positive answer was received, they might find a fork someplace painful.....
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Bother me? Are you freaking kidding me? It turns me into a crazy b**ch!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The more they take off my plate....the less calories I ingest. Ha....it is rude though!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It annoys me if I have my meal all portioned out and calorie counted....then it's like "grrr! I have to refigure it!" lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Like, they just take some off your plate and eat it?
    Personally, I'm VERY stingy and hate it. If someone does it, I openly tell them not to/to stop. let's face it, it's on MY plate for a reason.

My BF and I always eat off each other's plate. Normally when we go to dinner we share whatever we order so it is normal and doesn't bother me. I guess I did it to my sister without thinking, she feels the same as you. I don't anymore. I wouldn't do it to anyone else.
    Although, my BF knows I save the best bite for last so that is off limits. He wouldn't dare.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Ticks me off...I weigh/measure almost everything, so if it's on my plate it's already been counted.
  • dictations
    Options
    if someone eats the last bite, they'd get an earful.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Ticks me off...I weigh/measure almost everything, so if it's on my plate it's already been counted.

Yup! I slap my husband's hand if he tries, I already counted it- it's going in my tummy, not yours!
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Haha... This is a pet hate of mine .. I actually find it rather rude ..
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I typically dont care. A co-worker of mine, I dont even ask him and take some of the chips from his bag and say "I'm stealing your chips". But then again, we have a cool relationship since he can do the same and he knows I wouldnt care.

Where I come from, sharing food is considered a blessing. I often invite my friends and cook for them for no reason. They can take the entire plate for all I care, this is America, we got lots of food to go around (Thank god!)
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Damn....this is something I do a lot. My family always shared meals so when we would go out to restaurants it was like we all ordered as a family so we could try a little bit of everything....and that habit never left me. It would bug the Hell out of my boyfriend too...so I learned to always ask. And it's always a give and take. Like I'll give you you this little piece if you give me that little piece. That's how me and my bro always ate....since forever.

I will say this though....I would NEVER ask or try unless I had a really good relationship with the person, such as family, best friend, and my boyfriend.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person really. If it's a partner or family member I don't mind if they pinch something off my plate. Friends I can handle... as long as we're super close. I'd never pinch anything from someone else's plate without their permission/offering though.

This post reminded me of this though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fq3Jkh9Es :D
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    There's only one situation in which this doesn't bother me, and that's when I'm eating out with someone and we split the dish before anyone takes a bite.

In any other conditions, it's a huuuuuuuuuge pet peeve of mine! Especially when they offer something from their plate in exchange. Hell to the NO! I've been really meticulous about logging every single morsel because the "it's one bite, it doesn't count" denial is a huge thing for me. Chances are that everything on my plate has been weighed and logged before it got there. So no, you can't have some. And no, I don't want some of your food either.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Only if they use their own fork. I have a 'thing' about that. Yuk
  • CanDurkin
    Options
    I have a 3 year-old and a 16 month-old.....enough said. LOL!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Nah, it doesn't bug me at all, but I understand when it bothers some people, so I don't do it. My best friend HATES it because his father had food control issues when he was a kid, and would come up to him, berate him for being fat, and scrape off half his plate (I know, what a d!ck) If we're eating somewhere, he'll offer up what he's having and it makes me feel happy, knowing that he's putting those memories behind him, but I'd never take it off his plate. Strangely enough though, I don't care if people eat off mine. Less calories in my belly, I figure :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I would attack someone with a utensil if they stole my food. Seriously, back off.