Gym bloopers...

Options
have you guys had any gym bloopers? I havent had any myself but I have seen plenty happen. There is a girl at our gym.. who will remain nameless but we call her Slutty McSluterton... she like to check herself out in the mirror as she walks past them.. just a few weeks ago she was doing this and tripped over a bench press..(how I have no idea)but it was one of the funniest things EVER ...I seen another guy let go of a resistant strap and smack himself in the face..I have seen numerous people drop dumbells on themselves.. Some day Im sure it will be my turn.

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    And this is why I work out at home!
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    And this is why I work out at home!

Me too.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oh, those are some good laughs!!! I saw a guy who was headed toward the glass doors to get into the gym, but he was way too busy rubbernecking at a girl who'd just left the gym. He smacked right into the doors. It was a classic "Three Stooges" move, but when he did come in, I made sure to act like I didn't see what had happened. Didn't want the poor guy to feel humiliated!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Yeppers on working out at home! I did a face-plant off the swiss ball while doing back extensions. Hubs spit coffee all over the carpet and nearly hyperventilated. I'd rather keep the witnesses to my ineptitude to a minimum!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    have you guys had any gym bloopers? I havent had any myself but I have seen plenty happen. There is a girl at our gym.. who will remain nameless but we call her Slutty McSluterton... she like to check herself out in the mirror as she walks past them.. just a few weeks ago she was doing this and tripped over a bench press..(how I have no idea)but it was one of the funniest things EVER ...I seen another guy let go of a resistant strap and smack himself in the face..I have seen numerous people drop dumbells on themselves.. Some day Im sure it will be my turn.

I didn't know that checking yourself out in a mirror equated to being a slut these days. Whodathunk!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I fell of the elliptical once! Lol

Thank goodness I was there at 6am and no one was there yet :)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Last night at the Roller Rink there was a guy who likes to fly by people really close showing off his "moves". He flew by my husband and I, lost his footing and almost flipped over the wall! Good timing on this post! =)
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I fell of the elliptical once! Lol

Thank goodness I was there at 6am and no one was there yet :)

This happened to me! My headphones got caught on the machine, too, leaving me kind of stuck/falling/full of shame.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    once, a guy got on the elliptical machine next to me reading a copy of GQ or something like that. every time he came across a cologne sample, he'd rip the page out, slather it all over his body then crumple it up and throw it on the gym floor aggressively!
    IT WAS THE WORST SMELL EVER! i think he was deranged.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I use my home treadmill. Just the other day I stepped on the side off the track while doing a brisk walk and did this spin thing because of the momentum of my other leg still being on the belt. Caught myself before I hit the floor. Not even sure how I did! Dang I felt dumb. Last time I text and treadmill! Bahaha

14839892.png
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    About 6 months ago, I was sitting up after doing inclined bench presses and smacked my forehead on the bar. I didn't realize I was bleeding until I used my sweat towel and it came back read. Of course, the first thing I did after hitting my forehead was to look and see if anyone noticed.

Not a major blooper, but a blooper none the less.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Oh wait I lied... two days ago I was going into the raquet ball court.. which has glass walls. I turned to talk to my friends boyfriend while still walking.. I ran right into the d@mn wall! Yup guilty!
  • angimichelle
    Options
    I haven't seen too many bloopers of other people...but I can't pretend that I haven't accidentally walked into the men's locker room at the end of a workout.
  • angied80
    Options

I didn't know that checking yourself out in a mirror equated to being a slut these days. Whodathunk!

No that didn't make her a slut.. creeping on my workout partners boyfriend and sending him nude pics lead to that title. Her husband was NOT happy either.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be called a blooper, but today I saw a guy walk in front of me while I was on the elliptical. He was waring a wig ... a very very bad one. I felt bad for the guy. I honestly think he would have looked good bald. The problem was that his face looked about 60 years old, the "hair" looked like it belongs to a 20 year old, and the back of his neck needed to be shaved since it was growing grey hair!!!

Our vanity sometimes gets the better of us!
  • angied80
    Options
    I don't think it would be called a blooper, but today I saw a guy walk in front of me while I was on the elliptical. He was waring a wig ... a very very bad one. I felt bad for the guy. I honestly think he would have looked good bald. The problem was that his face looked about 60 years old, the "hair" looked like it belongs to a 20 year old, and the back of his neck needed to be shaved since it was growing grey hair!!!

Our vanity sometimes gets the better of us!

This just made me laugh!
  • NalasMama
    Options
    I really enjoy a good, brisk walk with my German shepherd who is really still a big puppy since she's only two years old. She's great on the leash and I thought since she was great at heeling during a fast 4mph pace that she could run by me no problem. Yeah, I really should have thought this through a bit more. We started running at a nice pace and she did great for the first few minutes. Then she saw a small dove on the sidewalk directly in our running path. She took off like a bat out of h***! I had her leash looped through my arm and when she bolted, she utilized all 80 lbs of her weight and yanked me with her and straight to the ground. Thank goodness I had the quick reaction to extend my arms in a defensive move to catch my fall or I'd have been toothless and my face would have had an intimate encounter with the concrete/grass. I imagined myself getting up and having grass and dirt stuck in between my front "tooth" because I landed partially in the grass and on the concrete. Thanks goodness my "kung fu grip" on the leash stopped her; however, the house we fell in front of had four movers in the front yard taking a break. Two of them ran over to me to make sure that I was okay while the other two tried their best to hold it together. I'll give them credit for their genuine concern; however, I was so red with embarrassment. It was one of those laugh at yourself situations and they laughed with me. I can only imagine them replaying this event to their friends and loved ones later that evening or have wondered if they posted a cell phone video of the event, as it unfolded, for their Facebook pages. We turned around and went the other direction just so I wouldn't have to pass by them again. Since then, Nala and I stick to a very brisk walking pace. My hands healed and now I carry alcohol wipes, sanitizer gel, and Band-Aids in multiple sizes my waist pack. Just when you think working out around your neighborhood is safe from "exercising bloopers" but apparently not on this particular day! My husband told me he was going to buy me a tank top that displayed the term he deemed for this act, "I believe I can fly but I do not land gracefully!" :blushing:
  • Vash41288
    Options
    hmm I saw this girl wearing a bit too much make up for the gym( why even wear make up??? beats me ) and she worked out more then she thought she was because her face was all runny and her eyes had that black droop.. However I was a gent and did not laugh.. out loud ( only in my head)
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So many accidents happen in the gym from perving my mate who was spotting me dropped a 35kg dun on my shoulder just missing me face because the little hotty on the treadmill fell over hurt but was funny she didn't half fo over . I think gyms should ban mirrors to many bumps n bruises cased by them
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy taking photos of himself in the mirror the other day :L