Gym bloopers...

Options

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    And this is why I work out at home!

I don't go to the gym either...I'm all about cycling and running outdoors. That also makes my bloopers way public. Last week, I left some DNA on the sidewalk of a busy thoroughfare when I tripped on the sidewalk and scraped up my left arm, outer and inner elbow, shoulder and shoulder blade. As I went down I thought..."damn, hope I don't hit my face because that will hurt!"

Anyhow, it was a miracle but NO ONE was around to witness this so I was doubly grateful to save the face from being scraped up and not having any witnesses! I was also really glad I wasn't wearing an expensive long sleeve training shirt. I would rather grow back the skin than shell out the pesos to replace a torn workout shirt. A great workout shirt is hard to find!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    hmm I saw this girl wearing a bit too much make up for the gym( why even wear make up??? beats me ) and she worked out more then she thought she was because her face was all runny and her eyes had that black droop.. However I was a gent and did not laugh.. out loud ( only in my head)

when i go to the gym straight after work, i aint even being bothered taking it off but if i go before i don't put any on.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    We started running at a nice pace and she did great for the first few minutes. Then she saw a small dove on the sidewalk directly in our running path. She took off like a bat out of h***! I had her leash looped through my arm and when she bolted, she utilized all 80 lbs of her weight and yanked me with her and straight to the ground. Thank goodness I had the quick reaction to extend my arms in a defensive move to catch my fall or I'd have been toothless and my face would have had an intimate encounter with the concrete/grass. I imagined myself getting up and having grass and dirt stuck in between my front "tooth" because I landed partially in the grass and on the concrete.

LOL...this is the stuff of movies! Glad you have a sense of humor!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Does passing gas while doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu count. Because if it does I have heard, smelt and committed many a gym blooper. it is normally followed up by some genius in the class saying "he cheating with his turbo power".
  • Trinketona
    Options
    I wanted to take a 50 pound weight of a bar and was looking somewhere else dont remeber what I was looking at and didnt notice the weight was almost at the edge of the bar when it fell on my foot. Of course I did what almost eveyone else does and looked around if anyone had seen it. :laugh: I tried to walk to the bench but couldnt lift my foot and had to drag it. I sat there for a couple of minutes and then dragged my foot all the way to the car and went to the E.R. Thakfully nothing was broken but I had a huge bruse that almost covered my entire foot. :laugh:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Does passing gas while doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu count. Because if it does I have heard, smelt and committed many a gym blooper. it is normally followed up by some genius in the class saying "he cheating with his turbo power".

That is just unavoidable. Any time you put that much pressure on your stomach and are rolling around on your organs like that, it is bound to happen. When I was doing it actively and wrestling I took gas x before any serious work just to get it all out before I got it all out ...
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was in the basketball court and no one was in so I was just running back and forth doing laps and shooting lay ups back and forth from side to side and well... that ball just came out of nowhere and hit me in the knee and I did like a slow motion feeble attempt not to fall and I went barreling forwards and rolled into the wall.... couldn't stop myself... only two people saw it...
  • Kelly_S
    Options
    Oh my god yes! It was horrible the other day I realised something was wrong with a pair of my gym leggings. I was walking out of the bathroom at the gym and turned to check if I had any embarrassing VPL that I needed to be aware of and noticed that there was a perfect faded patch right over my - ehum - behind and down my inner thighs. In black leggings this forming grey patch was very noticeable! I was busting for a work out so I sort of skimmed the walls around the gym to reach a bike where I could hide my embarrassment by sitting on a bike. I don't know how long my poor bottom had been like this - and just the day before I had been running on the treadmill and people must've had a real good look!!!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My friend was once doing sit ups on the floor area when we used to gym together and this guy sat oposite her doing the same until he started laughing and pointed out that there was a huge hole in her crotch area and he could practically see what she had for breakfast...! eek. i told her that they were looking a bit thin on the bum area!
  • nicoleh82
    Options
    I haven't seen too many bloopers of other people...but I can't pretend that I haven't accidentally walked into the men's locker room at the end of a workout.

I've been tempted....
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    have you guys had any gym bloopers? I havent had any myself but I have seen plenty happen. There is a girl at our gym.. who will remain nameless but we call her Slutty McSluterton... she like to check herself out in the mirror as she walks past them.. just a few weeks ago she was doing this and tripped over a bench press..(how I have no idea)but it was one of the funniest things EVER ...I seen another guy let go of a resistant strap and smack himself in the face..I have seen numerous people drop dumbells on themselves.. Some day Im sure it will be my turn.

I didn't know that checking yourself out in a mirror equated to being a slut these days. Whodathunk!

who cares why they call her that. There's a dude I call hulk at the gym, he's not green.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Doing an extremely heavy leg press and a full belly (which mine is on 6000 cals a day!) always seems to lead to me doing a rip roooooooarer, just as the music in the gym goes silent and everyone is quiet :grumble: :sick: :frown:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    haha Matt.

I guess the most embarassing thing I've done is tried to bench press too heavy and got stuck underneath the bar, had to sort of roll myself out as I just couldn't lift it high enough to get out gracefully!

don't really notice other people that much though, so I guess even if you think you're embarassing yourself other people are too busy with their own workouts to really care!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Blimey where do I start;

1)Was pinned in a bench press by 100kgs while my spot was checking out a girl - i couldnt even breathe to say help!
    2)For some reason I tried to turn a 360 while on a treadmill (don't ask why) and ended up on my *kitten* looking at the rest of the gym
    3)Farted and couldn't stop quick enough on a treadmill, and with each foot fall it pushed a little but more out - I will never forget the expression on the person behind me

i should probably leave it at that - taxi!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    bumppppppp...
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    FWIW I'm always dropping plates on my toes and the like, I just get used to it. Not dropped a DB on myself yet but at the weight I lift (without trying to sound big headed) you can't leave on benches or the like (as it will damage the cover) so I generally don't have that danger!

Mind you, I always scratch my arms on gym equipment as i try to squeeze past them :frown:
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Have seen a number of guys tumble off treadmills while watching some sweet thang ... one of the earlier posters talked about guys walking into glass doors while watching a female - have seen that twice, have nearly be guilty of it at least once. Passing gas seems to be a regular thing in the cardio workout room - ah those crunches. A couple of the Cougars have made such obvious advancements toward one of our younger trainers that it is embarrassing. He just walks away. There's more but I'll save them for later.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Ain't nothin wrong with cougars! :bigsmile:
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm so clumsy. I have a few major bloopers to speak of, but this one is in front of my trainer and he's never let me live it down.

As if I need more reasons to hate the TRX, I was using one to do some rows and the strap was double looped around the bar. So once I put my weight behind it, the loop slacked and I fell flat on my butt. To this day, everytime I go to do rows, I gingerly put my weight into it and apparently glare at the loop to make sure it doesn't move. My trainer laughs at me every time the jerk..
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I once saw a guy standing in front of the mirror flexing his biceps and he kissed his bicep. Yup.
    I figured he must have been messing around with friends but I looked around and no one was stood with him...