how long as it take u ???

Options
13»

Replies

• yummymummyto2
    Options
    ive lost 13.8lbs in 4 weeks but everyone is different and i think you cant gage your own weight loss on anyone else, just keep doing what youre doing.

a loss is a loss right? be it 0.5lb or 55lb

good luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 5 and started at 161 lbs on Jan 3rd this year and I am fluctuating between 147 and 148 now, so about 12 lbs down in a month and a half. You can do it girl, don't get discouraged! Everybody is different and loses differently so just keep at it never give up and you will lose the weight.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Men lose weight faster than women so you can't really compare yourself to the comments here from males. They burn more calories when exercising and they burn more calories while at rest. My husband can lose weight accidentally (he doesn't even need to), while I have to really work at it.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am 5.2 and i have lost 7 lbs in 4 months. it's slow, no more then .5 lb a week max. how tall is your friend and how much does she have to loose? what is your goal? i know how frustrating it is as all my friends loose weight so easily and here i am struggling.
  • bilbobalbo
    Options
    I think it's importatnt to weigh yourself and the same time and on the same scale every time you weigh in. I know when I go to the doctor, their scale always shows me heavier, but I may have just eaten, I have all my clothes on, I'm wearing shoes, etc... I would also comment to say don't make your weight loss journey a race with your friend. Everyone is different and tries to lose weight for different reasons. Celebrate your success instead of worrying about how someone else lost more than you. For me, losing weight has been about eating healthier and getting in touch with a part of me that I have lost. That part of me that says I can set goals and achieve them, I can stick to it, I can be successful, I am worth it! Be happy for your friend, but be happier for yourself. Celebrate your success and good luck!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I started losing in july & have lost 18lbs, these last few lbs just want to stick around!! Keep at it, it WILL pay off
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have lost some weight. But what I really like to look at is what I have gained. I have gained many friends on this website that understand the troubles of losing weight. I have gained the confidence to walk into the gym and know exactly what I am doing to get the results I want. But most importantly I have gained a happier outlook. I am smiling more and looking forward to the future. I can't wait to see the pounds drop off. But I also can't wait to achieve my other goals.
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    I've lost almost 70 lbs in 10 months!
  • anna_love
    Options
    lin7604 she is really tall like 5'6 maybe and idk she never wants to telll me how much she weights and she has lost 20bls in 3months she has 10 more to loss ... and im 5.0ft im really short and may goel is to lose 43bls or more
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    81 days on my journey so far. But the first week was a big one for me too. I lost 18 lbs. that week. I also haven't had a double-digit result since. But as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction, I'm happy. You keep working at you and don't worry about what others say or do. Your job is to be the best you that you can be.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! Don't weigh somewhere else where you can't be naked!! ha, ha! Seriously, don't do that to yourself. Every scale is different and you are looking at your progress. Your scale at home is reflecting your progress. Plus, you don't know what she is doing to lose weight that quickly. She could be starving herself while you are doing it in a healthy way. Just keep taking one step at a time.
  • anna_love
    Options
    cassondraraga u gat me thinking now u mmm i think ur right !!
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    123 lbs in 14 months.

and I don't care how much you lose. Any amount of weight is something and you should be proud of it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a year to get two thirds of the way to my goal. I'm hoping to reach my goal in another 6 months. So 1.5 years total
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!