skinny1_619836613.jpg

Lean and mean is good

l.jpg

I don't like to much muscle to me these women are scary

womenbodybuilder24.jpg
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pass on judging other women by their looks and what I think of them.

Get out there- get strong- live big and bold. Who gives a crap what other people think? You want to deadlift 300lbs? GREAT! You want to be an elite runner? GREAT! You want to learn how to eat without emotionally attaching to food? GREAT!

As long as the destination is upward- anything you do is positive. It beats staying where we are.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I wish when I was 22 I had the same goal as you. I was young and just didn't care.
    Go for it! You're gonna be a super babe!

Thanks Jennifer. I figure that I was never the "hot" skinny girl in high school, but I could be the hot fit and healthy girl as I graduate college.

oh yes you can!!!
    I'm a mom and almost 33. I'd really like to look like your inspiration pic. I'd be a MILF! :laugh:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I wish when I was 22 I had the same goal as you. I was young and just didn't care.

Thanks Jennifer. I figure that I was never the "hot" skinny girl in high school, but I could be the hot fit and healthy girl as I graduate college.

oh yes you can!!!
    I'm a mom and almost 33. I'd really like to look like your inspiration pic. I'd be a MILF! :laugh:

Oh you can too. 33 is still young. And don't we all strive to be a MILF. LOL.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pass on judging other women by their looks and what I think of them.

Get out there- get strong- live big and bold. Who gives a crap what other people think? You want to deadlift 300lbs? GREAT! You want to be an elite runner? GREAT! You want to learn how to eat without emotionally attaching to food? GREAT!

As long as the destination is upward- anything you do is positive. It beats staying where we are.

^^^This

For me its about strength and experiencing the joy of athleticism. At 43 I couldnt care less if someone thinks I am hot or not anymore. I want a strong body that can do things like rock climb and kayak and perform martial arts.

72 year old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1BCzZBMMd0&feature=related

86 year old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9baGr99bvA&feature=related

74 year old started working out at 56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eae3_LDysY8&feature=related
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Simply do what makes you happy. Get to a level of muscularity that you see fit. You live in your body and only you.

I've had enough people look at me and say why do you want to look like that, yuck veins are ugly but it matters not. I like what I see in the mirror and the people actually matter in my life see all the effort in and they commend that effort.

As for too toned etc, IMO its simply only for you to judge - 1/3 of the people in the UK are obese, should I go out and point what I think about that look? No its out of order and the same should apply. After all the average person being 2 stone overweight is hardly feminine is it?
  • jennifershoo
    Options

^^^This

For me its about strength and experiencing the joy of athleticism. At 43 I couldnt care less if someone thinks I am hot or not anymore. I want a strong body that can do things like rock climb and kayak and perform martial arts.

72 year old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1BCzZBMMd0&feature=related

86 year old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9baGr99bvA&feature=related

74 year old started working out at 56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eae3_LDysY8&feature=related

OMG! They don't look their age at all!!!!
  • jennifershoo
    Options

oh yes you can!!!

Oh you can too. 33 is still young. And don't we all strive to be a MILF. LOL.

Hey hey! And why not strive to be a GILF when we're older! LOL
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Clothed, the second girl probably isn't going to look too much out of the ordinary, maybe just in her thighs. But only the guy (or guys) who sees her in a swimsuit or naked in bed are gonna see the definition...

Do guys honestly find this is too much definition on a woman? Curious.
    I can't speak for all guys but for me that is too much - fit and healthy is good but cuddles need to be cosy, not a collision of body parts!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    The word "buff" mean much more heavily muscled (probably even bigger than the second picture) to me. Personally I do want to be a lot fitter and "toned" than I currently am, you've gotta be happy with your body at the end of the day, you're stuck in it 24/7!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Agree with the OP and well, is he saying he doesn't like that you do tom boy things? Don't ket him change you and stop you doing the things you love :) x
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    remember those girls are in mid-flex. Bet you relaxed they look super toned and hot. OP ... there's nothing wrong with wanting to be buff. Perhaps your bf is worried you'll be stronger than him!
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that we're similar height worries him if I were to get his definition of "buff". Maybe he thinks I'd be able to whip his @$$. Which, when we were both skinnier we would wrestle all the time and I put up some pretty damn good fights IMO lol

Anyway, all of this means a lot to me. I know what I want and now I just need to go after it. All of you have wonderful things to say and interpretations of what people look like. I of course know that I shouldn't care what other people think, and as much as I would like to not admit it, I do care what people think of me (sometimes). If they think I have a jerk of an attitude they can piss off but if they think I'm flabby and nasty then I'm going to show them just how amazing I can look, if that amazing means they dont like my muscles, that's fine, I'll just punch them in the nose! ahahaha jk jk

I'm getting healthy so that if a disease should unfortunately strike me later in life I will be able to fight it as hard as I can. My grandfather had a quadruple bypass at a rather young age and then he passed of heart failure in his late fifties/early sixties. My other grandfather and grandmother passed from horrible cancers. I refuse to sit on the couch and succumb to disease and if that means getting my @$$ to the gym then I might as well get sculpted!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey it's nice to see other women trying to increase your overall health-not just trying to be tiny.I really want to meet more friends that are working on overall health,energy,strength.I am very strong and do lift weights-it is not my main focus,I do not want to be ripped or compete in weightlifting.I am not focused on what the scales say as much as how I feel and inches lost.
  • Iris1415
    Iris1415 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I think that being buff as in toned is both completely healthy and sexy. Being a bodybuilder is not in my mind for girls, you WANT to look like a girl, not a guy with a girls head stuck on. Do what you want with your body; it is YOURS, remember, not anyone else's, including your boyfriend's.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Even the first 2 pictures are a little too buff for my liking. Eek.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Not my cup of tea but I'm totally cool with other women striving to look like that :drinker: best of luck! Stay dedicated and you will achieve your goals.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Let's not neglect BF percentage. If these women had a higher BF % you wouldn't necessarily say they are "too" buff. I have a sizeable amount of lean mass (117-118 lb on a 5'2 frame). I have muscles as a result of genetics and a short stint bulking and heavy lifting. If my body fat gets low enough, I could look like those women (I would hope). My goal is to look like an athlete, but retain some fat for softness. So 18-19% is what I shoot for.

I love the body of the women in the first pic:heart::heart:
  • damn those women look hot, nothing like a woman that can handle herself, i like a woman that's toned and don't get turned off if she lifts big either!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I definitely think I'm buff and my husband finds it pretty attractive. Honestly I wouldn't want to be with a man who didn't.

The difference between the women you posted is body fat percentage NOT muscle size or strength. The first lady is probably 18% while the second is probably 12%. So lift away, just keep some fat.