It's not even 10am and I'm over my limit on Sugars???

Options
13»

Replies

• hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for your tips & calming me down a bit ;) I think I will definitely be taking the sugar goal off so I can't see it. Onto other things...I have since eaten a frozen fudge bar. So the banana didn't really matter LOL. Baby steps, I tell ya....baby steps. Less is always a huge step and I'm lowering my sugars one day a time :)
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I lost most of weight when I continued to eat one serving (the serving size on the carton) each day. Since I stopped late last summer, the weight loss has also slowed.

Maybe I need to go back to ice cream. LOL!
  • mark5282
    mark5282 Posts: 1
    Options
    I really wish the food manufacturers would break down natural sugars eg in fruit, and added sugars when displaying nutritional info on packets, there is a difference on how they effect your body, refined sugar is processed very quickly by the body and is more likely to cause weight gain, this is generally what you will find in cakes and biscuits(cookies). Natural and fruit sugars take longer for the body to break down, which is why maple syrup (natural) or honey are much better to add to your foods.
    I also wish that myfitnesspal had natural and added sugars in the food nutrition information, you do need to watch both but more importantly the added/ refined sugars.
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer was my enemy too. Look into sugar free coffee syrups Da vinci is one brand so you can get the flavor then work on reducing the sugar or sugar substitute that you add.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I really wish the food manufacturers would break down natural sugars eg in fruit, and added sugars when displaying nutritional info on packets, there is a difference on how they effect your body, refined sugar is processed very quickly by the body and is more likely to cause weight gain, this is generally what you will find in cakes and biscuits(cookies). Natural and fruit sugars take longer for the body to break down, which is why maple syrup (natural) or honey are much better to add to your foods.
    I also wish that myfitnesspal had natural and added sugars in the food nutrition information, you do need to watch both but more importantly the added/ refined sugars.

This is not true at all. They are all the exact same sugar molecularly. They take the same amount of time and effort for the body to process.
  • fitnessgoalie
    fitnessgoalie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great information! I eat lots of sugar items, so I am looking for help with finding a new yogurt to eat. I eat the flavored stuff, but noticed lots of sugar in it.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

If there are "added" sugars they will be listed on the ingredient list under the nutritional info.