Best bread to eat?

Options

Replies

• kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ezekial bread...my fav is the cinnamon raisin

I get mine at Trader Joes

My favorite bread!!! :) But in low sodium sprouted grains. I get mine in the organic section at my local grocery store (Publix).
    If not, I get 100% Whole Wheat. Read the label because you don't want anything that says "enriched" because that typically means it is more processed.
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread! Worth the expense, great nutrition, very filling- I usually have half a sandwich with sliced turkey and stone ground mustard, some fruit and yogurt, and it's a great, filling lunch!!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I eat Orowheat light whole wheat bread

Only 80 calories for 2 slices.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    I eat pitas now... I have found a high protein one, it's super high in protein and fiber and low in calories and carbs (check my diary for the name of it... ).
    Can you plz let us know the name of pita bread?
    Thanks
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I really like Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain bread. Each slice is only 35 calories and 1 gram of fat!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    So many people like Ezekiel bread, but it's made with soybean oil. Not an option for me.

Dave's killer bread is awesome!!!! Especially Power seed ( http://www.daveskillerbread.com/killer-bread/power-seed.html )

6g fiber and 6g protein per slice!

Don't fear the fat in it, it's all good unsaturated fat from the seeds. High in sodium but also high in potassium, so I can live with that. If you eat sandwiches, you can use only 1 slice and fold it in 2, if you're concerned about the calories (110 cals per slice).
    It's so dense that you feel full longer.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Pepperidgefarm Light style oatmeal bread.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the sandwich thins the multigrain ones about 100 calories for two slices or whole grain white bread by Bimbo that's about 130 for two slices.
  • 44nFab
    44nFab Posts: 19
    Options
    ezekial bread...my fav is the cinnamon raisin

I get mine at Trader Joes

Toasted!
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Burgen - Low GI and great for diabetics. Note that the number of calories differs with the different types of the Burgen bread.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have to find this Ezekiel bread... the pitas I eat are made by Haddad Bakery (I'm in Ontario, Canada), they are the 'high protein' ones. I've seen a similar one (though not as high in protein or fiber, or low in carbs or calories). I've not found anything even close to the nutritionals on these... 100 calories, 10 g Fiber, 10 g Protein 16g Carbs for a whole pita. (Even the 'high fiber' ones aren't as high in fiber!! lol!)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    We go back and forth between Arnold's Healthfull Flax and Fiber and their Grains and More Double Fiber breads. Both are nice fiber content and generally low calorie.

Per Slice:
    Flax and Fiber - 80 calories, 1g total fat, 140 mg sodium, Total Carbs 16g, Fiber 4g, Protein 5g
    Double Fiber - 100 calories, 1.5g total fat, 150 mg sodium, 21 Total Carbs, Fiber 6g, Protein 4g
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like the Silver Hills Squirrelly bread. It's dense enough to keep me satisfied longer than white bread, and tastes great. My bf calls it hippie bread and maintains it's made from twigs and bark, but he just doesn't know what he's missing! Copied some stuff from the website...

Our non-GMO vegan ingredients:

Organic whole sprouted wheat*, raisin nectar (raisins, water), sesame seeds, water, sunflower seeds, vital wheat gluten, yeast, sea salt, cultured wheat and citric acid.
    *Certified Organic. May contain tree nuts and soy.

Per Slice
    Calories: 100 Fiber: 5g Fat: 1.5g Protein: 5g
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've heard that pumpernickel bread is a better choice than whole wheat bread.
    It contains more minerals and fiber than whole wheat bread.
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread is a little more calorie dense (about 130 for a slice) but it has 4g of fiber, 6g of protein and 610mg omega 3. If you happen to be looking for a more nutritional bagel, Dave's bagels have 11g fiber, 14g protein and 1360mg omega 3 for 310 calories. I only eat half at a time because they are 100% whole grain and very filling.

I love the bread, but where do you find the bagels?
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Ezekiel or homemade

homemade. now, there's a good suggestion
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    my favorite is Wonder Smart Wheat. its 100% whole wheat, and its only 50 calories per slice. and it tastes delicious, especially toasted with some peanut butter on it! :wink:
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    I've gotta jump on the Ezekiel wagon! It's really yummy. I also like the Alvarado Street Bakery flax bread.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Cybros Brothers makes a line of sprouted grain breads that are a little more tasty than the Ezekiel breads. One thing I've noticed is I don't crave these breads like I crave regular bread.
  • mikem1983
    mikem1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Martin's Whole Wheat Potato Bread. The slices are thick and fluffy and delicious and only 70 calories a slice. I'm sure there is healthier and lower calorie options out there but Martin's is a good middle ground between healthy and tasty for me.