What day do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Sunday mornings before breakfast. I figure if Sunday starts the week, I can start it off knowing my workout and food goals then too based off how I weighed in from the previous week efforts :)
  • mmaurizzi
    mmaurizzi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh in all the time, but only post it if my weight changes up or down.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I weigh Friday because it's one of the days I set the alarm and wake up regularly for work, but it's the day that I don't work a full day, and therefore don't need to make my lunch, giving me an extra minute to hop on the scale (I like to sleep, so my mornings are pretty well planned to the minute). I like to weigh first thing in the morning, after the restroom, but before eating or anything else, and I like to weigh the same time of day every week, to get the most regular results, so Fridays are best for me. I sleep too inconsistently on the weekends.

Oh, also, I do weights MWF, and that puts me weighing after a weight rest day, so there's no water retention from that.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Every day.
    I like to know what my body does.
  • bastins
    Options
    I started doing it on Sundays, but Saturday is my "cheat day", so now I do it on Saturday morning. Might as well weight-in after a week of hard work, and not after a day of stuffing my face :wink:
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mondays always suck for me so that is the day I weigh. It makes them a little better. LOL
  • mspottedelk89
    Options
    FRIDAY,OH PLZ LET IT BE GOOD. (^.^)*
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Just the ones that end in "y".
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I check my weight a lot but only log it on Fridays.
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning.

1. I'm a "calendar week" kind of person, so when I run weekly stats on intake/expenditure/nutrient stats, etc., I like them to be Sunday through Saturday.
    2. Saturday is my cheat day. So I weigh in, then have at it. :smile:
  • noemike
    Options
    I check my progress on Wensday as a check to sww how I am doing to see if I need to change or workout more. Then I offically check in on Sunday morning before I eat
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've only been weighing in once a month....is that too infrequently? So, I've had 5 weigh in/measurement days since September. Any thoughts from more experienced mfp members? Thanks! :D
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    every morning butt naked. best way to determine exactly what is and what is not working and be able to pinpoint it.
  • SheriG9
    Options
    Friday morning!
    Sheri
  • NikohlMariee
    NikohlMariee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sunday Mornings :)
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh in periodically through the week, but my 'report in' day is Sunday mornings, right after my first work out. :) Good or bad, it gets reported.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning before breakfast since that's my real weight. I use to do it every Monday in the morning and night. I type in my weight some day of the week when I hit a low.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Weigh pretty much every morning. I do not necessarily log it daily (due to natural fluctuations). As long as the weigh in shows the general trend, I go ahead and log it. If it spikes (for no known reason) I usually don't log until it follows the general trend. Most days, it shows the general loss pattern. If the trend changed over 3-4 days, I would honestly log that as a significant change.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Monday morning, before eating, with no clothes on. That's my official weigh-in. Usually jump on the scales on a FRiday morning as well, to see how the week's progressing (am much better on weekends than the week, so it inspires me to do even better)...
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning. I weigh and measure every week. Good or bad, it's there.