how did you first here about mfp

Options
What made you join this site and con't to stay :)
My sister said I should join and she left me but I am here to stay because the people are awesome :)

Replies

• twofat4u
    Options
    My son mentioned I should check it out. He has been doing this for a few weeks and doing really well. I would love to loose 20lbs that I had gained in the past 3 years.
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you would like. I try to motivate people often on my page :)
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was searching for weight loss apps/calorie counters on my phone. :)
    I'm pretty new & would love to have some friends, btw. ^_^
  • ger53
    ger53 Posts: 35
    Options
    :flowerforyou: One of the members at my TOPS meeting said it was a good site for tracking my food diary and then I found a few friends on here so here I am.
  • CSummers316
    Options
    This is gonna sound lame, but I first heard about it from Corey "Mr. Safety" Williams on his DudeLikeHella vlogs on YouTube... Then talked to a couple of nurse's at work about it and they showed me their apps and then, boom...
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I work in a Cardiologists office doing Cardiac ultrasound. One of our patients we hadn't seen in about 6 months came in and she looked fabulous! We weighed her, of course, and she had dropped so much weight. When we asked her how she did it, she said My fitness pal .com! Of course we all went straight to the computer to check it out. Took me a couple of months, but I finally signed up. I lost about 45 lbs this last year. But I've zeroed out my weight lost so that I can focus on where I'm going and what I'm going to do instead of where I've been and what I've done. I'm grateful I discovered MFP!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i found it on my phone about a year and a month ago and as they say....the rest is history....thank the Lord, it has been a life saver for me.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I found it when I was searching through apps on my phone for a calorie counting app. Then I mentioned it to my friend. She told me that she had been on MFP for months and had lost a lot of weight. I was like, 'hey, why didn't you mention it to me sooner?!' LOL. I have stayed because I like being able to track my food and exercise, and I also like the support. :smile: Whenever I would post on FB about weight loss or things related to health I didn't really care for the feedback that I would get. I didn't really get negative feedback. In fact, a lot of people were encouraging, but it is just nice to have people who I can talk to about this stuff that have the same goals. Plus, even if I post about weight loss or food everyday they won't get annoyed. :wink:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    The day I started my diet, I planned to count my calories and as a gamble I went on the app store on my iphone to see if there was anything digital I could use. I found the MFP app, saw the high reviews, and signed up. Then I found out there was a website too and got on here and voila. Gotta say this place has been so much easier on me than my initial method of writing down everything I ate and manually adding up the calories. (I'm bad at math, and I'm not even joking about that)
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the first step to the rest of your life :) PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME. I MOTIVATE PEOPLE DAILY ON MY PAGE AND TRY TO MESSAGE YOU IF YOU DON'T LOG ON DAILY :)
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Heard about it from my wife. She had friends who were using it and she had (though was not consistent). We made the decision as a family to start using it and now have 5 people using it and have lost nearly 100 pounds across everyone.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    My cousin uses this site and I saw his success, so I joined.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I heard about it via Facebook, from our city's "pound plunge" group page . I love this site, was hooked from day one.
  • theresa029
    Options
    I was just searching for fitness sites and I saw MFP and I find it interesting!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My sister tried it and suggested the site to me.
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Surfing though the app. market on my phone for weight loss.. ROFL ;-) Since then I have TOLD everyone about it!!:laugh:
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Some of my co-workers were looking for a site to use to track their food and weight loss journey. They found MFP and asked me to join with them. I'm not sure that they really use it much now but I am happy they encouraged me to join! It's a great tool and I enjoy it a lot!
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I saw a FB friend of mine using MFP with her posts daily about whether she met her goal or not, and she had done so well and looked good. So when I seriously was going to tackle weight loss that's where I went.
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The day I started my diet, I planned to count my calories and as a gamble I went on the app store on my iphone to see if there was anything digital I could use. I found the MFP app, saw the high reviews, and signed up. Then I found out there was a website too and got on here and voila. Gotta say this place has been so much easier on me than my initial method of writing down everything I ate and manually adding up the calories. (I'm bad at math, and I'm not even joking about that)

YEP AGREE W/ it all... I found it the same way.. ;-)
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I saw the phone app in the paper early in the New Year. One of the PMs at work (he's also a PT) had also recommended (after much complaining about my feeling flabby) that I check it out!

So, here I am (: