how did you first here about mfp

Replies

• kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Here in New Zealand we have a site called Trade Me, it's basically our own Ebay. There are message boards on there & I was having a look through one day & stumbled across a thread where someone recommended MFP. I had a look & got hooked straight away.

I wasn't looking for a way to lose weight even though I hated the size I was. 6 months later I've lost 22lbs & made lots of new friends :smile:
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 391 Member
    Tumblr! I follow a lot of weight loss blogs and there were girls who swore by it and use it religiously. I joined a long time ago and didn't take it seriously, but now I'm back and completely understand the obsession :)
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    My husbands work provides a health coach for free, so i signed up and she told me about MFP. She asked me to try it out for a week and now its been 85 days straight tomorrow! :) Hooked and happy that this is working for me!
    13164648.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    was from a guy in my work who told me it was an easy way to keep tack of hat your eating, and i do scottish slimmers weight club, and i thought that it was just an app on my iphone i could keep track of my food intake......

honestly had NO idea of the community and support of all you amazing people around the FULL WORLD :D

so glad i stumbled across so many amazing people who are in the same situation as myself tryin to make themselves better people.

:) good luck to you all who are reading this.... hope you all have the best journey to achieving your goals

Laura xxx

ps always looking for new friends to keep the motivation going so add away :)
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    I follow Shay from the Biggest Loser on facebook.. One day she mentioned MFP. I have tried other fitness sites like Fitday & social workout but this is the best by far.

I'm on here more than I am on facebook now. This is the first time I have stuck to a healthy lifestyle long enough to see results. The food diary keeps me accountable, the message boards can fun be and the people on my friends list are so supportive!

11 pounds down and 29 more to go and with MFP I think I may actually get there :happy:
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    MFP was discussed on a lapband forum as a useful tool for supporting weight loss.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    I heard about MFP on the Weight Watchers message boards lol.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Went on spark people... Hated it! Someone suggested here! Never ever looked back! X
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    A local gym I used to workout at had a biggest looser challenge and he introduced me to this website to track my progress
  • jmp33
    jmp33 Posts: 93 Member
    A friend at TOPS meeting suggested it. Loving it!
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    So happy to hear all the great stories lets con't to motivate each other ;)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    My beautiful skinny baby sister came to visit.....walked into the office and said she was signing me up! She's not only beautiful....she's smart! I'm so happy she did. I love it here.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    A friend of mine was telling me about it in January of 2011 and i have been here since then!
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    I came in over the alloted bodyfat % (I am in the military). The fitness folks told all of us to use it and we turn in our diaries weekly so they can see what we are doing. Since Nov 15 I am down 19 pounds. 7 since I joined here a few weeks ago.
    I have recommended it to several folks.
  • I was googling for a calorie count and it was the top of the list. I'm not too sure how long it's been around but I am new to it this week. I am hoping it will be as successful for me as I've read it has been for other people. I love that I don't have to keep a journal and try to figure out if I'm on target or over for my calorie intake.

I just need to add, yahoo, Vancouver beat Toronto tonight :)
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    :)
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Heard about it on anabolicminds.com
  • the general manager at my gym told me to join to keep up with my calories
  • Our personal trainer in the office tells the patients of the program and of course the nosy woman that I am :laugh: asked what she was speaking of. She told me and of course I ran straight to my desk and got on the site. Anything to make my lifestyle much easier to keep track of instead of carrying a notebook around. I love this program! It has made my life less hectic.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    My personal trainer/bootcamp instructor sent the link to his clients so we could track what we are eating and then he could check up on us and give us feedback - very helpful (and of course I am gone over the top with it, but at least it is a healthy obsession!!)