Cabbage soup diet?

Options
Has anyone done the cabbage soup diet? If so how did it go?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The Cabbage Soup Diet is just a rather silly attempt at creating a large calorie deficit. It will not magically "cleanse" your system and all it will really do is create a big deficit for a few days.

I would suggest not doing this. Eat a reasonable diet and get some exercise and take this at a leisurely pace.
  • Ericacastillo
    Ericacastillo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dang really an suggestions i'm a little desperate to fit into a bridesmaid dress I bought a size smaller for my friends wedding it literally only needs a little more to zip but even if it it's going to be tight lol so I feel like 10 pounds will do it. I have 17 days left to fit into it.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    ......having flashbacks to about 1983....
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    There is a veggie soup diet that you can use for short term weight loss. I wouldn't go straight cabbage not a big enough range of nutrition.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just get some Spanx. Totally worth the money if you're on that short a time frame.
  • Pooterly
    Pooterly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Losing 10lbs in 17 days is not a good idea. I would exchange the dress for a bigger size.

I don't know what the cabbage soup diet is either.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz recommends it so it must be good.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you have 17 days to get that dress let out a little.
  • OldNavy1984
    OldNavy1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done the Cabbage soup diet several times when I was in the militrary. I would recommended it to someone who wants to drop 10 - 15 in a week...good luck.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz recommends it so it must be good.

Ha!
  • Darrknys
    Options
    it might be possible for some but not for others, that's a pretty tight time frame.

Here are some 7 day meal plans that might help a little:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/7_day_weight_loss_diet_meal_plan
    http://www.prevention.com/flatbellydiet/articles/1weekmealplan.shtml
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can drop a few pounds in a week by just eating soup... but cabbage does tend to have gaseous side effects and can cause some bloating. "French Women Don't Get Fat" has a recipe for "Magical Leek Soup" that is also designed to help you drop a few pounds over a weekend. But eating that little is hard and can lead to headaches and tiredness which would be a drag if you're getting ready for a wedding.

Personally, I would say just really clean up your eating, drink a lot of water, keep up your lean protein and cut out all refined sugar/junk food. That will help you drop a few pounds if you stick with it. And I agree with garnet... go buy a shaper. :wink: