People giving you the evil eye at the gym...

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread made by men about how they can't stand what other men wear/look like at the gym.

LOL! This cracked me up xD
    I think most men don't care and focus on their workout :P
    I personally couldn't care any less about others at the gym. At least they are there and doing something. not just sitting infront of the tv or something.

Although I wouldn't want to get the stink eye either xD
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread made by men about how they can't stand what other men wear/look like at the gym.

I'm going to guess this is a big NO.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lots of people on this site workout hard, but I don't see many of them complaining about getting weird looks for it. Maybe they don't notice, or maybe you run funny. I don't know.
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    sweat is fat crying(saw it on a bumper sticker)

:heart: this
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I go to Shapes in Port Richey!! :) I <3 Shapes!

I was sweating my butt off on the elliptical one day and there was this woman sitting on a bike the entire time. Sitting. Not pedaling. Just sitting and watching TV... occasionally glancing around giving dirty looks to people while making one or two SLOW rounds on the pedals. I worked out for a total of 90 minutes that day, and when I left, she was still sitting there with her un-sweaty body, perfectly combed hair, and make up... watching television. I bet she didn't even ride 1/100th of a mile!

I told my daughter (who works out with me), she's probably one of those women who'll cry and piss and moan to her friends, "I just don't understand why I don't lose weight. I spend at least two hours a day at the gym...." rofl.
    I can't stand going to a regular gym; even though it's free, I'm very anxious about visiting the university gym. I'm much more comfortable being at Shapes. Yay ~

LOL, I don't understand why anyone would go to the gym to lounge. She's apparently forgot about the "and move more" concept.
    Oh yeah It does. I have a rec center with an indoor track though. So usually when I run my hair is just trailing behind me. And when I lift its not in the way at all. I am quite used to it. I also only wear eye makeup normally and have no need to take it off? Since I dont ever really need to touch my eyes and takes forever to get off without me looking like a raccoon. So much easier to just not bother

I am one who doesn't want to look like *kitten* when I go to the gym. I know a lot of people that work there, talk with a few of the lifters I see, and have a class. So maybe ill keep my makeup on because I know I look better that way too.
    If it's only eye make-up then I guess I don't see much of a problem. But I was mainly referring to a near equivalent of a girl's night out face of make up. And if you look and feel better with make up, then that's your booster, lol.
  • jwalker30
    Options
    I only give people the evil eye at the gym for making a mess & not cleaning it, or crop dusting
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    lol, People give me dirty looks for lifting as much as I do. I'm not there to look cool, I'm there to push myself ;p
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    So far I've only had one "evil eye"... and that was from a guy when we got in his "zone" ... not a word, he just looked at us, took our bar down and went on with his business of doing pull-ups on the squat rack. Umm..... okay then.....
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you're not sweating, your're not working hard enough IMO. To each their own as far as makeup goes but yah I don't understand why you would be getting weird looks.

Not everyone sweats. I can get my heart rate up to 170 and not break a sweat...just how I'm made...but I'm still working hard.
    _________

I get the hair thing. I could never wear my hair up or I would suffer from blinding headaches.

And the makeup? Why would anyone go through the trouble of removing make up just because they are going to the gym?
  • ditzyFlip
    Options
    I only give people the evil eye at the gym for making a mess & not cleaning it, or crop dusting
    I'm suddenly reminded of the "Ladies.. what underwear do you wear to work out?" thread and reading responses of leaving snail trails on the machine seats.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I havent found one yet.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I must be in a bubble when I run. I don't really notice anyone ele in the room. It's a different story when I lift. After all with all the mirrors I get an eye full.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I used to attend these Zumba classes and this one girl would always arrive late looking like she was going to a club. Her makeup was on so thick, and raccoon eyes. One time a girl next to her asked her if her eyelashes were real. She said yes. Anyways here is the kicker..she reapplies her compact during the break! Who does this? I don't say anything but the others snicker at her. Another time she came in and she reeked of her perfume. The girls around her made these faces. I wanted to laugh because it was like a mini show everytime she showed up. I didn't mention that she makes her way in front of the mirrors so she can see herself dance. She moves to some of the Zumba dances as if she is thrusting to herself in the mirror, she makes these faces to herself as if she is making love or something.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    as a guy, I can tell you that i have noticed 3 types of women working out
    1. the kickbutt exerciser- its all shapes and sizes in makeup or not, they are going for it
    2. the leisure exerciser- kinda taking it easy, not much sweat, but some effort
    3. the socializer exerciser- not much of anything going on there, but usually are dressed really nice

men are no better...we have the same categories
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Geesh...I didn't really know makeup was a big deal...I am not trying to impress anyone but it makes me feel better about myself so I won't do a full face unless I am going out but for day to day, you betcha I wear make up...sweaty or not :)
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I want this on a tank top!
  • ditzyFlip
    Options
    1. the kickbutt exerciser- its all shapes and sizes in makeup or not, they are going for it
    3. the socializer exerciser- not much of anything going on there, but usually are dressed really nice

Boss man at work was making fun of the men at the gym who... He said they do this weird measuring thing where they'll stand or walk around the machine they plan on using, and they'll.. I don't know - like, throw their arms out and "challenge" it or some stupid sh/t like that. Do some guys really do that?
    Options
    Geesh...I didn't really know makeup was a big deal...I am not trying to impress anyone but it makes me feel better about myself so I won't do a full face unless I am going out but for day to day, you betcha I wear make up...sweaty or not :)

Exactly! When I am lifting in front of the mirrors I don't mind having a little eye makeup to look at too xD Not that I put on a ton right before the gym, but too lazy to take it off. Makeup makes us feel pretty, we can't have that at the gym?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Love this!!
    Options

Boss man at work was making fun of the men at the gym who... He said they do this weird measuring thing where they'll stand or walk around the machine they plan on using, and they'll.. I don't know - like, throw their arms out and "challenge" it or some stupid sh/t like that. Do some guys really do that?

That is kind of awesome. I haven't seen it, but I wouldn't mind! xD