People giving you the evil eye at the gym...

Options
It is SO annoying. Being looked at as if I am nuts for sweating and being blushed after running as well as actually putting some effort into my workouts. Hell, I even get crazy looks from the people next to and around me while I'm running; I might be busy but don't think I don't notice that stuff. I'm not asleep and lazy like 90% of the women there. I really wonder why some of them even bother. I'm at a gym, I didn't know that what I'm doing there is so abnormal. I mean, I go to the gym to sweat, not to lounge and relax on the treadmill on 1.5 or use the lazy *kitten* elliptical for two hours and not move my *kitten*. I'm not there to have a good time and remain comfortable. People need to mind their business, worry about themselves and stop making people feel so awkward.

Sincerly,
That girl that does what you can't.

Replies

• Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    lol
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You remind me of this amazing youtube vlogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI&list=UU9gFih9rw0zNCK3ZtoKQQyA&index=52&feature=plcp
    I try to be respectful at Shapes and mind my own business - but ngl, sometimes I watch other women's work out routines through the mirrors while I run my *kitten* off. I get the occasional odd look sometimes too, though.

One of my pet peeves are girls who wear their hair down or wear make up to the gym... Seriously, wtf? Who are we really trying to impress?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

One of my pet peeves are girls who wear their hair down or wear make up to the gym... Seriously, wtf? Who are we really trying to impress?

I get terrible headaches when I put my hair up, so I war it down to the gym a lot. And I wear makeup since I come after work/school. And I know many are the same. What's the big deal? Not everyone wants to look all dolled up, but not everyone wants to look at their worst either.
  • koconnor17
    koconnor17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha I love Jenna Marbles!!! It's so true though! The worst people at the gym.
    Options
    OP: I find it odd people care that you are working hard! Couldn't imagine that xD
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm mildly self conscious when I first start and hear my feet pounding the treadmill belt, but after that its just me and Pandora. Everyone else can go on. In defense of girls who wear makeup to the gym - I workout after my workday, its leftover! Don't judge. :) But leaving the hair down? No, I don't understand that one either. I've cancelled workouts over a lack of hair restraint. Look back at them and smile girl, kill em with kindness. :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    This is ironic.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are wondering why you aren't lifting weights.....

;)
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I get terrible headaches when I put my hair up, so I war it down to the gym a lot. And I wear makeup since I come after work/school. And I know many are the same. What's the big deal? Not everyone wants to look all dolled up, but not everyone wants to look at their worst either.
    Headaches, I understand. But doesn't it get freakishly hot and in the way? Returning from work/school makes sense, but I think that if you have time to stop by the house to pick up clothes (since the girls that come in are already dressed and ready to exercise), you have time to take any excess make up off. Then again, I don't wear make up so I don't know how long it takes to remove it.
    I also don't understand why you would worry about looking your best or worst at the gym...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol, I've gotten a weird stare maybe because I was sweating or because the boys couldn't believe I actually knew what I was doing with the weights, haha. IDK, but if you look pretty when you leave, you didn't do something right, so keep on sweating, and flushing, haha
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I thought there was something wrong with me. Sometimes I am the only one in the gym sweating.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    You remind me of this amazing youtube vlogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI&list=UU9gFih9rw0zNCK3ZtoKQQyA&index=52&feature=plcp
    I try to be respectful at Shapes and mind my own business - but ngl, sometimes I watch other women's work out routines through the mirrors while I run my *kitten* off. I get the occasional odd look sometimes too, though.

I go to Shapes in Port Richey!! :) I <3 Shapes!

I was sweating my butt off on the elliptical one day and there was this woman sitting on a bike the entire time. Sitting. Not pedaling. Just sitting and watching TV... occasionally glancing around giving dirty looks to people while making one or two SLOW rounds on the pedals. I worked out for a total of 90 minutes that day, and when I left, she was still sitting there with her un-sweaty body, perfectly combed hair, and make up... watching television. I bet she didn't even ride 1/100th of a mile!

I told my daughter (who works out with me), she's probably one of those women who'll cry and piss and moan to her friends, "I just don't understand why I don't lose weight. I spend at least two hours a day at the gym...." rofl.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    You remind me of this amazing youtube vlogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI&amp;list=UU9gFih9rw0zNCK3ZtoKQQyA&amp;index=52&amp;feature=plcp

i KNEW this was gonna be Jenna, lol
    Options
    Headaches, I understand. But doesn't it get freakishly hot and in the way? Returning from work/school makes sense, but I think that if you have time to stop by the house to pick up clothes (since the girls that come in are already dressed and ready to exercise), you have time to take any excess make up off. Then again, I don't wear make up so I don't know how long it takes to remove it.
    I also don't understand why you would worry about looking your best or worst at the gym...

Oh yeah It does. I have a rec center with an indoor track though. So usually when I run my hair is just trailing behind me. And when I lift its not in the way at all. I am quite used to it. I also only wear eye makeup normally and have no need to take it off? Since I dont ever really need to touch my eyes and takes forever to get off without me looking like a raccoon. So much easier to just not bother

I am one who doesn't want to look like *kitten* when I go to the gym. I know a lot of people that work there, talk with a few of the lifters I see, and have a class. So maybe ill keep my makeup on because I know I look better that way too.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If you're not sweating, your're not working hard enough IMO. To each their own as far as makeup goes but yah I don't understand why you would be getting weird looks.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I often get headaches when I wear my hair up (well... I did before I chopped my hair off), but I could avoid that with a hair bow placed at the nape of my neck instead of up on my head. :)
  • mspottedelk89
    Options
    I actually never been to a Gym yet.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread made by men about how they can't stand what other men wear/look like at the gym.
  • gameovergt
    Options
    sweat is fat crying(saw it on a bumper sticker)
  • Fitnessista7
    Options
    You remind me of this amazing youtube vlogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI&amp;list=UU9gFih9rw0zNCK3ZtoKQQyA&amp;index=52&amp;feature=plcp

I don't see anything wrong with wearing make up at the gym. So there are people more girly than yourself; doesn't mean they are trying to impress anyone. They just like to look good.