265 POUNDS boy need a HELP

Options
IM 18 years old , im having nutrion problems ,in the morning i wil eat half boiled egg without egg yolk and mushroom soup
IN THE LUNCH, i will eat RICE with some meals,chicken or fish
DINNER , i will eat rice too but i will cut down the amount and mix up with some extra meals
i dont EAT VEGETABLES AT ALL eventhough i forced myself several times ,i dont know why ! BUT i do eat fruits,ORANGES AND APPLES or WATERMELON

SOMETIMES,i lose 2 pounds only a week or maybe i dont lose weight at all,i dont know WHY ! i go jog every morning and evening actually, PLEASE HELP MY FRIENDS

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try taking out rice at night. Add more protein to your diet and experiment with different veggies to see what u like. Also try mixing up your workouts too. Good luck~
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Less carbs and more protein. Try quinoa instead of rice. has the same texture but it is loaded with protein. In the morning have the whole boiled egg and some whole grain toast and a banana. cut out the cream of mushroom soup.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Since you like fruits, try making a smoothie and throwing some leafy vegetables in it. I swear you can't taste them and you get all the benefits of eating them.

Also, losing two pounds a week is FANTASTIC! Any more than that and it wouldn't be as healthy.
  • jennday1
    jennday1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating veggies your body is not getting the nutrients it needs. I hate a lot of veggies too, but I have found some I do like: roasted kale, spinach salad, spring mix salad, etc. On the days I eat veggies I feel a whole lot better physically. Rice has little good nutritional value to it and it is full of carbs. I would definitely cut back on the rice. Try oatmeal with some fruit for breakfast, I love it with raisins and a tiny bit of brown sugar. Watch portion sizes too. That is what gets me. A meat portion is only the size of a deck of cards. Also watch eating out. On the days I eat lunch or dinner out I am almost always over my calorie limit. If you want to lose weight, you have to make the choice to eat healthy AND exercise. It works, it might take some time, but it works!! Stick with it! :)
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    THanks for the post my friends ,i will try to follow the advise given, and i dont COUNT my calories,its hard since my mom cook ,and i need to search in the internet to know the calories im eating,its hard u know
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    everything everyone has said makes complete sense and i couldnt agree more, you should probably try to mix up your routine as your body does adapt to the workout, making it harder to burn calories. if you havent tried, i started out doing Tony Little's Gazelle and I absolutely loved it. i burned so many calories and let me tell you, i lost 6 lbs in one week doing so, but i have now mixed up my routine because i wasnt losing any more weight... i love zumba, its so much fun, maybe you will like it too. Good luck hun :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You're concerned because you're only losing 2 lbs a week? That's a large amount, and you can't expect to lose like that every week. Keep in mind, if you do it slowly, it's more likely to be able to maintain long term (meaning you'll keep it off).

I do agree, cut back on the rice. Also make sure you are eating the whole grain brown rice, not white. It has a lot more fiber and other nutrients, will fill you up longer with less, and has a TON more flavor (it takes more water to cook it, and longer time). And switch up your exercise. If you can, join a gym that offers classes as part of the membership. That can really give you a chance to mix it up. Or go to the library and browse through their fitness DVDs and try a few. Add weights in to some of your routines (Jillian Michaels is good for that). And definitely add in vegetables. Eat them fresh, raw or steamed. They taste the best that way. Our favorites in my house are broccoli (frozen, Pictsweet Steamables is great, easy to keep and to cook), Red Peppers (raw, yum!) and Sweet Potatoes (bake at 350 for about 90 minutes, then scoop out of the skin once it's cooled). It's okay to have a bit of ranch dressing/dip with it, but measure out 1 serving so you don't go overboard.
  • jennday1
    jennday1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One other thing, losing 1-2 pounds a week is average. That is nothing to be disappointed in. It has taken you years to put on the weight and it isn't going to come off over night. Look at this as a life style change to be a healthier and happier person. No one can do it for you.
    If you are living at home with mom's cooking, definitely watch portions! :)
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like a lot of calories. You can also not lose because you don't eat enough. Your body goes into starvation mode.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    thanks .i do EXERCISE EVERYDAY,i go jog every morning and evening up and down the hill , and i even go to gym several times a week but yet i found that its hard for me lose weight
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I bought a dvd *biggest loser workout * ,i've done the routine too several times a week but yet i lose ONLY 1 pounds a week
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It sounds like you are taking the right steps to help yourself! Try to remember that it takes TIME for the weight to come off, but any time the scales goes down is a success!! Also, you could pick up a calorie counter book for about $8 at a book store or Walmart or somewhere like that so you wouldn't need to access the internet to look up how many calories your food has! Good luck!
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    THANKS ;D
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    like they said, 1 lb a week is not bad, i would be upset if i were gaining it. yikes. jillian michaels is amazing, i cant stress that enough!! i love her, and she doesnt put up with crybabies. im on level 2 day 8 of the 30 day shred, and i feel the inches falling off you. dont stress if you dont see changes on the scale, if you are losing inches, that is an amazing accomplishment. dont beat yourself up over it! you can do it. Keep your head up :)
  • theresa029
    Options
    thanks .i do EXERCISE EVERYDAY,i go jog every morning and evening up and down the hill , and i even go to gym several times a week but yet i found that its hard for me lose weight

yes I know its tough especially when you are really heavy. I experienced that too. I easily get tired of running because I'm big and not used to it. Make it your habit and don't lose hope. Know your BMR first so you know how much calories you should need to take everyday. So you're 18 and young you can lose weight easily than older people. 1-2lbs a week is a good weight loss. Do some cardio exercises that will enjoy your self like basketball or gym. Depends on what you will enjoy. Look after healthy foods instead of fatty foods. You can do it.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    THANKS ! and my BMI is 39 ! WAY TO HIGH and im scared =(
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    THanks for the post my friends ,i will try to follow the advise given, and i dont COUNT my calories,its hard since my mom cook ,and i need to search in the internet to know the calories im eating,its hard u know

I bet your mom would be willing to give you her recipes so you could figure out how many calories you're eating.

All my food is cooked behind closed doors in my college cafeteria. I still count calories. I do my best to guess, and it's worked! Try counting for a while, follow MFP's guidlines. It truly can change your life.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    YES ! MY mom always give me advice and control my food intake =D
  • theresa029
    Options
    THANKS ! and my BMI is 39 ! WAY TO HIGH and im scared =(

I mean you BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate) is the amount of daily energy expended
    whats your height and weight?