Not losing anything

Options
13»

Replies

• elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Completely agree.... Ultra accurate diary is imperative, especially while starting out) ...... I use bolognaise as an example because until I, myself, measured how many calories and fat was in 100g even before cooking - I figured wow imagine how much even a small meal would be!
  • lucyce85
    Options
    God it's so overwhelming! ... I put everything I eat on my diary mfp worked out the cals in bolognaise from the recipe I use divided in to how many portions it makes which I then freeze? I think it's going to take a while to figure out what I CAN eat?!?
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    God it's so overwhelming! ... I put everything I eat on my diary mfp worked out the cals in bolognaise from the recipe I use divided in to how many portions it makes which I then freeze? I think it's going to take a while to figure out what I CAN eat?!?

I know how you feel! And logging your food is a great start. Maybe focus on changing one thing at a time. So you have one day where you don't have fast food. You drink 2 glasses of water a day. You eat one piece of fruit this week. And so on. You're not going to go from current eating to perfect eating (if that exists) in one day. Give yourself time!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options

I know it's frustrating at first but only YOU know what you put in your food (unless it's a packaged meal)..... Ie how much oil, how much beef, if you use ready made sauces, crushe tomatoes etc. it's actually not as time consuming as it sounds as the MfP tool calculates this with exact weight very quickly for you!

The thing is, it does take time to find the right nutrition for you, your body and lifestyle and of course eating fast food once in a while is normal but if your diet it just made up of high fat, high salt, nutritionally devoid calories, it does make a difference to your body composition. If I eat dominos (even in my calorie allowance) honestly my stomach is so bloated for days and I feel sluggish and less willing to exercise......

You can do it and the fact you are logging everything and actively trying for a better diet is amazing - you've crossed a big bridge already so big well done, just keep tweaking xxx
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    That's because your body is now on starvation mode. U need to up those calories.

Forgive me.

Why is it, whenever anybody says they cannot lose weight, the terms "starvation mode" and "eat more (or up those calories)" is always in the the replies?

People say it so blase now, I am not sure they even think what they are posting to be honest!

It doesn't matter WHAT the OP is eating then??? Answer: yes it does, bigtime, it is that which the OP needs to address.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    it totally matters what the OP is eating
    if she didn't want to up calories then she definitely needs to make way different choices.

what I don't understand is why would you WANT to eat so little calories when you CAN eat more as a heavier person, lose weight and gradually decrease calories.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    And yet my 1200 contains little, to no, 'junk' food - nearly everything is fresh prepared & weighed at home, and still the scale won't move. So those of you saying the quality of the foods matters......I do agree (and I admit when I first looked at the OP's diary I thought the exact same thing).......but it's obviously not the only thing stalling the success of some people.
    I'm going to try upping the calories & I definitely need to increase my water intake - I really struggle with that.
  • jez26
    jez26 Posts: 13
    Options
    Water and eating small meals or 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day keep your metabolism going and will help with the weightloss.

I eat pretty similar foods everyday, alot of fresh fruit and vege and your 1200cals does go a long way.

Everyone is different tho is what their body needs to lose weight, My body doesn't like many carbs so I cut out bread, pasta, rice and potato and only eat 1 serve about once a week. But thats just me.

Try adding some extra vege in your bolognaise, I put a zucchini, carrot and lots of mushrooms in mine, plus I serve mine on cabbage instead of pasta. Grab some little containers and fill with grapes or chopped fruit salad and keep that for snacks, also little tubs of low fat yoghurt.

Exercise being limited can be difficult. Have you tried getting an exercise bike? you can sit in front of the Tv or with headphones in anytime of day of night. :) Also swimming is a good low impact exercise.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Water and eating small meals or 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day keep your metabolism going and will help with the weightloss.

Just FYI - your metabolism doesn't just stop because you don't eat. You don't need to eat 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks to keep it going. You can eat 1 meal a day, meal frequency has no impact on metabolism. I am sure you meant well but in this case you are incorrect.