Has anyone tried Alli? Thoughts?

Options
13»

Replies

• shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine (who has about 150lbs to lose) tried it but it didn't do a thing for her because she couldn't get her eating habits under control and used it to make up for that really and that's hardly the point. I'd definitely say just get into healthy eating and living instead, spend that money on a gym membership or new work out clothes instead.
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This link about Alli made me laugh: http://www.thewvsr.com/alli.htm

I have no experience with it whatsoever, but this has scared me off the idea for sure! lol :)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm on Alli right now. Got the 90 capsule stater kit off eBay for about $20 (cause I refuse to pay full price for anything...even clothes). This is maybe my 3rd week on it and I'm not seeing much change. Then again I only want to lose 10lbs at the most. Alli is made for people wanting to lose a large amount of weight, not just a few lbs.

People freak out over anything that isn't just getting off you butt and moving daily but I think adding Alli wouldn't hurt much if you can afford it. I mean, people drink Shakeology daily and that's $4 for just 1 shake ($120 for a 30-day bag). Not including the stuff you need to buy if you wanna add to it like fruit or almond milk. And that stuff does nothing more than just protein powder a daily vitamin.

It's all about what works for you and what you want to put into it. Alli isn't a magic pill to make you drop weight fast, diet and exercise does play a part in it like everything else.

My recommendation: Try it and see if you can afford it. Otherwise, meh

Alli isn't at all recommended for someone with only 10 lbs to lose. It's dangerous to take meds that aren't designed for you. I wouldn't continue taking it if I were you. You are putting yourself at risk.
    I just said it wasn't for me. But I already paid for it so I ain't just gonna throw it out. Worst thing it'll do is make me go t the bathroom. More bathroom trips=more steps=more calories=happier me
  • amina387
    amina387 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have taken alli for about a year and a half now (with probably 3-4 2 week to 1 month long breaks interspersed). I've lost almost 100 hundred pounds. I've also had little in the way of side effects. I mean, yeah, it can do cruel things to your stomach, but there isn't really anything uncontrollable about it. In 18 months I've had one incident like the disgusting experiences everyone else describes. I think for most people it's just so upsetting when it happens that once is enough to make them give up (also, that people tend to take it without reading the instructions, lol)

I'm now exercising more (which would have been physically difficult before - two jobs at the time and I was so overweight that my joints were a concern), have started lifting weights, and I'm trying to be less reliant on it. But I still take it regularly.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's FDA approved to help you lose weight but before I fork out the money, I wanted to hear about what ya'll think about it!

Let me know!

Michelle

Do with out it. You CAN. It's a waste of money that you can put elsewhere like buying workout clothes, ipod, etc. You don't need diet pills. Just don't think so far ahead because it will be overwhelming. Take 10 lbs at a time!

Look around on this website, it's full of people who lost a lot of weight just by changing their lifestyle and having an exercise regimen :)