snacking at night

Options
13»

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I like to eat in the evening. So I leave plenty of calories free to do so, do an extra workout session if I need to, etc. I still aim to stick to healthy, whole foods; fruit, nut butters, dosa's, supper leftovers, etc., and the occasional chocolate.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee/water.

Popcorn....
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tea or a a little spoonful of peanut butter
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Snacking at night is my biggest challenge. I often plan for an evening snack, but after having a small amount, my cravings seem to escalate and I end up binging on everything (sweet, salty, sour, crunchy, soft, chocolate... you name it). In my mind, I keep low calorie snacks for these "emergencies" but the problem is that I eat more than I should. I start over daily. :ohwell:
  • HeatherFP13
    HeatherFP13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I always want to snack at night too! I usually go to bed between 11 and 12, and put my kids to bed at 8. So about 8:30/9:00 I have a little snack (that I made sure I had the calories left for) and I make sure I have my water bottle with me. I drink at least 1/2 of it with the snack (it holds 2 cups) and then I go brush and floss my teeth. Then, I only allow myself the rest of the water bottle before I go to bed. It has really changed my night time. I still want food sometimes, but it is getting easier and easier. Good luck!

16695077.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i love eating at night. I do it all the time--more calories than there are in my dinner actually.

Me too, sometimes. Snacks are more fun.
  • ladylaine
    ladylaine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YES I AM A SNACKER AT NIGHT AND I DO GREAT DOING THE DAY ITS JUST AT NIGHT:sad:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this is a goofy solution, but it worked for me.
    At 7 PM I announce, out loud, that "The Kitchen is Closed". I do this even though I am usually alone, (except for 3 cats), most days at 7PM.
    If I start entering the kitchen, I say it again, out loud, "The Kitchen is Closed"! If you have to stick a chair in the doorway, so you have to purposely move it to go in.
    Now I just don't go in the kitchen after 7PM.
  • mightykut
    Options
    Skinny Cow or WW Frozen Fudge bars. 100 Calories that I save for that. I can't eat it and work on the computer, so I savor every bite and don't do anything else while eating it. I also can't eat cold foods fast so that helps with the savoring part. Seems to keep me out of the kitchen, although some nights nothing will.
  • mightykut
    Options
    Makes total sense to me, I often have to say out loud to no one in particular that some food items are just "Not MY Food!". Generally this applies to sugary, fatty items. :)
  • amn70
    amn70 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thats pretty much me as well. On a normal day for me I average just about 1200 calories from breakfast to dinner including minor snacks in between. Its later in the evening that I can easily pick up another 500 calories or more in snacking. I crave sweets and carbs. Chips, cookies and candy generally. It doesn't help that we have a Dollar Tree right around the corner with 4 aisles containing just these sort of things at only $1 a piece. Wish it was called the Five Dollar Tree because I would never spend more than 1 or 2 dollars on snackfood. I never buy snackfoods in the supermarket or anywhere else because most bags of chips and cookies are at least 3 dollars or more. I have willpower not to spend 3 bucks on chips but the willpower is
    lost when that big bag is $1 :-)