Is one greek yogurt better than others? Are any really good?

Options

Replies

• vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    i have noticed that a lot of people on MFP eats greek yogurt on a daily basis, can anyone explain me why? :/

Because it's gorgeous! Simple as that! And it can be used as a substitute for cream and mayonnaise. I even put it on my chips/fries!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I joke that if I wasn't such a lady, I'd like the container clean. It taste like a dessert!

I am a lady, and I still lick the containers clean, lol.

I love the 0% flavors for sure, but I am not a sweet freak so I get the plain 0% and put a little sea salt in it for breakfast. Yum!

I also used the plain big container of Chobani recently and mixed in some onion soup and made a tasty low cal dip for my veggies.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I like to use plain nonfat greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream in recipes or on a taco or baked potato. No, it is NOT the same, but I find it a better alternative taste wise than fat free sour cream.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    For taste and nutrition, I haven't found anything better than Fage.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani. The pineapple is my favorite!

Mine too. SOOOO good!!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Liberte
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've never loved the bitter/tart taste either, but yogurt can be a pretty healthy food...and it has protien and can be filling...i used to try yoplaits and that type of "fruited" yogurt, but honestly, half the time i wouldn't eat them....then i started on greek yogurt...the fage brand, because their 0% fat actually did taste to me more like sour cream (which i do like!) than yogurt...i've tried the ciobanni and volskos and every other brand, and fage is the only one i can tolerate and i actually love it. It still takes some getting used to, but i buy the individuals with the fruit on the side, so instead of it all mixed together, i started getting used to the taste of the yogurt, soothing it with a dip into the fruit side...now i love it with or without fruit.

I also think vanilla from trader joes (not sure the brand) is really good....
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I hate your regular greek yogurt, but I love the Chobani with the fruit in it. Passion Fruit is my favorite one. As I write this I am eating some chobani vanilla yogurt with a tbsp of peanut butter, a tbsp of sugar free chocolate syrup, and some granola mixed in.
  • 06gwensmamma
    Options
    My favorite is Chobani Raspberry or Peach! They are soo delish!!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've had oikos--it was ok.

Nostimo is good but so is Chobani and I think the ingredients are better in Chobani. Chobani peach has been my favorite that I have tried. I've also had Chobani strawberry banana and the strawberries were a little too tart for me. I won't buy that one again. I really want to try the Chobani black cherry and a couple other varieties.

And yes, I eat it daily b/c it's delicious and tastes like dessert to me.
  • JeanLew
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple and Peach are my favorite. I've tried the plain (yech) and Vanilla (too much vanilla imo). I usually add about 1/4 cup of Go Lean Crunch for some well...crunch.
  • itwasntme
    itwasntme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite! I love pineapple and black cherry flavors. Yum!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have tryed a couple different kinds with and without fruit and I think it is so gross! I did have some dip made with it that was pretty good though, I guess some of us just dont have a taste for it!
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try Chobani, it's amazing :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is pc (store brand) 0% mf with honey
    The original is great too.
  • dumbcowboyhat
    dumbcowboyhat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Noosa! I'm not sure if you can get it outside of Colorado, though. I'm pretty sure its not Greek yogurt, also, but it has the same consistency. It's made on a family owned farm, rBGH free, uses local honey for sweetener and seasonal fruit purees for flavor. And it's the best yogurt I've ever eaten.
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've really liked Zoi and Chobani yogurts. The fruit on the bottom ones are the best! My favorites are blueberry cream, peach, and pineapple! Greek yogurts are usually fat free and have lots of protein in them. :smile:
  • fcalhoun5
    Options
    Chobani lemon is my favorite. I LOVE it. I bought an individual ice-cream maker and just put the container of lemon Choboni in it for an even more delicious treat.

I also buy the Fage, but I have only ever seen the plain kind. I have to add fresh fruit or lemon curd or something to spice that up a bit. It makes an excellent substitute for sour cream, though. It's also really good with raisins and chopped celery and/or apples.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have tried dannon and oikos and I hated the bitter taste! Any suggestions?

I like Dannon's even though it's not real greek yoguart.... But for REAL greek yogart, I like Oikos. Have you tried adding a pkt of
    splenda to it? There are 2 kinds, one w/the fruit already mixed in and one where you have to mix... Have you tried both? (Just watch bcs they don't all have the same cals).

Personally, I dislike Chobani, tho it has the most protein, it's the most bitter to me.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had got some greek fat free a while back that I had used as a sour cream sub that was fantastic, I even made a fake stroganoff that was delicious, but I did not write down the brand and now I can't figure out what kind it was or where I got it.