Premade Bring To Work Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I bring a Slimfast drink and Greek yogurt to work for breakfast.
  • ShrinkingSusan
    ShrinkingSusan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I turn to these quite often:
    Boiled eggs
    2 slices of 45 calorie wheat bread toasted with 1 tbsp of peanut butter or 0 calorie Parkay spray
    Apple slices with peanut butter or cheese

All are easy to pack and travel well.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've been making cinnamon peanut butter protein bars from a recipe I found on pinterest. My hubby will take one with him to eat at work every morning. I often eat the homemade mcmuffins, an english muffin topped with PB and banana, greek yogurt parfait or a packet of BetterOats oatmeal/cereal.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For me 2 things come to mind. The first is quiche. You can make them whatever flavor you like, they freeze well, you can make a pie sized one and split it up into portion sizes, or a bunch of minis. The other thing that my kids love that is a make ahead is called strata. Strata is basically eggs, bread, veggies of your choosing, meat (if desired), and cheese. You overnight it in the fridge then bake the next morning (you could make it in the morning and bake it at night). These freeze well too. I always put salsa on mine, and they're delicious!

Good luck!
  • JetFixer
    JetFixer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    One thing I've been liking lately is breakfast egg rolls.

I scramble some eggs, then put the eggs in with a little cheese and roasted red peppers in an egg roll wrapper. I cook them ahead of time and just heat them up when I'm ready to eat. They are delicious. Last batch I made 8 with three eggs. It came out to 113 cal. an egg roll.

Gonna make these tonight!!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Search "egg muffins". I made these twice now, awesome and easy to transport!

I also love the Jimmy Dean D-Lites Turkey Sausage and Egg White sandwiches (they are the kind on the english muffin). 260 delicious calories!
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    Something with protein is the ticket to keeping me from snacking on whatever is at my hands until lunch time. I was eating a Peanut sweet and salty bar and an apple...last week I did apples and peanut butter instead - both keep my full and I can eat them while I get the day started at work.
  • jsr0928
    jsr0928 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks!!!!! :smile:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You could have...
    A meal replacement drink [or a bar] along with cottage cheese & pineapple [or pears or peaches]
    Yogurt with a protien bar
    A peanut butter & jelly [protien in the peanut butter, get a sugar free jelly, whole grain bread]
    Quiche [easy to reheat & still tastes good]
    Granola or fiber bar with apples & peanut butter
    If you have a spare few minutes you could make a breakfast burrito. I make scrambled eggs mixed with cheese & broccoli & put it in a tortilla, it's super fast.

This week I plan on having a meal replacement drink & a fiber bar for breakfast most mornings, being in college I'm usually rushing around like crazy in the mornings.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Using a muffin pan, make mini omelets on Sunday night. In each muffin hole, add an egg (mix well), low fat cheese, and some veggies. Bake them until cooked, let them cool, then put them i the fridge. Then you can pull one or two of them out each morning for breakfast to go.

^ ah yes one of my favorites
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    This website is AMAZING! Tons of clean recipes: http://blogilates.com/recipe-index/quick-high-protein-breakfast-idea-clean-egg-muffins

There is a lot of other info on the site. My friend turned me onto it and I"m loving it. There are plenty of quick high protein breakfast ideas. Egg muffins and the pumpkin protein pancakes are fantastic! Hope the link posts so you can all enjoy:happy:
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pre mix your own oatmeal. This is what I do (especially for camping):

1/2 c oatmeal
    2 T milk powder
    1 t brown sugar (stevia next time)
    1/4 c raisins, prunes or dried cranberries
    a shake of cinnamon

Add 1 cup boiling water and it practically cooks itself. Or you can micrwave it. At home I use frozen berries instead of dried fruits, and add a tablespoon of peanut butter.

These days (low carb efforts), I have protein shake powder. Take 1-2 times a day. I have two brands, "Live Well" from Carrie Daenell in Denver, a naturopath. Isagenix, a national brand (MLM), a little cheaper. About 240 cals with 25ish grams of protein. So how easy is that? Just add water and shake. Both fill me up for several hours and are not too sweet.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Maybe smoked salmon, cream cheese on wholegrain bread?
    Or sometimes I just quickly mix myself up a peanut butter, strawberry & protein powder smoothie.
    Otherwise maybe buy some natural yoghurt and nuts?
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    For my boyfriend, I will stack a piece of sprouted grain sandwich bread with a fat slice of ham/turkey and a slice of cheese. In the morning, I unwrap it from the foil and place it in the toaster oven for 7 minutes on toast. It's great for him as it's lower in carbs and satisfies him for a long time.
    My quick breakfast of choice? Homemade americano :wink:
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    bump
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ~Bump~
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    One thing I've been liking lately is breakfast egg rolls.

I scramble some eggs, then put the eggs in with a little cheese and roasted red peppers in an egg roll wrapper. I cook them ahead of time and just heat them up when I'm ready to eat. They are delicious. Last batch I made 8 with three eggs. It came out to 113 cal. an egg roll.

Gonna make these tonight!!

i hope you enjoy! they are quite delicious! i've been on an egg roll kick lately! :)
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Using a muffin pan, make mini omelets on Sunday night. In each muffin hole, add an egg (mix well), low fat cheese, and some veggies. Bake them until cooked, let them cool, then put them i the fridge. Then you can pull one or two of them out each morning for breakfast to go.
    This. Right here. Expert advice, and good for anyone - low carb, paleo, or not.
  • wendyseddon
    wendyseddon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2011/10/19/saffron-pear-baked-oatmeal-recipe/

Saffron pear baked oatmeal. You can make it over the weekend and take a slice in the morning throughout the week.