Normally I don't like losing....

Options
ricksnaustin
ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
But in this case.....I will make an exception!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Been a while since I have posted anything, but after being on a plateau for a couple of weeks, I had to post. Lost 4 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your scale gets stuck, don't give up. This too shall pass.

Replies

• ricksnaustin
    Options

Been a while since I have posted anything, but after being on a plateau for a couple of weeks, I had to post. Lost 4 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Good for you!!! My scale gets stuck often, but eventually it moves again.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Way to go-- I broke mine this week, too-- feels awesome-- WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Congrats!!
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job on not giving up! You give me hope! :flowerforyou:
    I have had a BAD week.:embarassed:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Good for you!! :bigsmile:
  • ricksnaustin
    Options
    Thanks to all who responded! I really appreciate the support. :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is great. did your scale keep going back and forth when you were at the plateu?
  • ricksnaustin
    Options
    No. It was stuck at 225.5 lbs. :laugh: I was going to throw it in the trash today if it didn't read something else, even if it was higher.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    lol, great job, it will go down.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    No. It was stuck at 225.5 lbs. :laugh: I was going to throw it in the trash today if it didn't read something else, even if it was higher.

I am yo yoing 256-258, I swear I am going to throw my scales out the back door and into the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me... The scale is not my friend. I will not let it define me.

My scale only changes about once every 3 weeks. So I weigh once a month.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

nope the scale is not my friend. I will not let it rule me or define me, and I am not going to go nuts over the scales, I just know that I am feeling so much better and my clothes are about falling off of me, and that is all that matters to me.:flowerforyou:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

I think I need to tell myself this every single day of my life.

Well said!
  • ricksnaustin
    Options
    The scale is a lousy, no good, piece of electronic scrap sometimes. LOL You are right. I have lost two belt notches and think I will have to buy a smaller one soon. I am on the last notch.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    The scale is a lousy, no good, piece of electronic scrap sometimes. LOL You are right. I have lost two belt notches and think I will have to buy a smaller one soon. I am on the last notch.

I agree with you that the scale is a lousy, no good piece of electronic CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I did go back down today, but back to 256!!!!!!!!!!! UGH, not weighing for a while.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I'm stuck too....:grumble: .for the last 3 weeks I go back and forth between 160-162. I am hoping that by next week and the end of TOM , I will break the 160's and start heading down again. I was going so great at 2 lbs a week since joining and then.....SMACK.....everything just stopped. I am trying to keep positive and drink more water......I'm drowning here!!!!!!!! :drinker:
    Just thought I'd share... I hope you all have a good weekend..
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I'm stuck too....:grumble: .for the last 3 weeks I go back and forth between 160-162. I am hoping that by next week and the end of TOM , I will break the 160's and start heading down again. I was going so great at 2 lbs a week since joining and then.....SMACK.....everything just stopped. I am trying to keep positive and drink more water......I'm drowning here!!!!!!!! :drinker:
    Just thought I'd share... I hope you all have a good weekend..

I know how you feel, I am keeping at it, and hoping to push thru, we can do this together, we can get it going again.
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging word. I too stall for a bit but that wa of my own doing. It was more of a mental stall rather than just a physical stall. I had stopped logging in for almost 2 months. I really don't know why, I just did. I ate and gain 7lbs because I wasn't putting in my food to the calculator. It was all me.

During that time, I re-evaluated my "whys". I feel different. I feel good.

Thank you everyone for your shares and inspiration.

Diana
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing... this time around I am DRINKING my water. It has made a huge difference.

I am drinking 2-3 liters a day on average.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Thanks!

And you're right, water makes all the difference in the world.

Repeat after me... water is your best friend (even though it too should not define you... except that I think on some biological level it does... :tongue: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!